Riding while exhausted advice

Fearo
6/28/2018 12:48am
Consciously evaluate how tired you are while riding..

If you feel completely drained realy quickly, you are likely either fighting the bike really badly or are tired beyond just the tiredness that comes from riding.

If you are riding fairly smoothly and have some basic fitness, you should become tired gradually. When I start riding below 80% of my potential, I usually try to do one extra lap.
DoubleA
6/28/2018 1:13am
Push yourself until your exhausted then come off the track. Pointless rolling round the track.
Find the smooth lines, flow with the track. Take the slower line around corners if its smoother.

Like Spudnut said nutrition is also a big factor, if your running on empty you will get tried more quickly. When I was younger I was able to not to eat anything all day and ride at my best but now I need to have a meal at the track with me.

I did a riding school cost £300 for a private day 1-1 session, worst thing I ever did, lost all my flow a rode shit the next weekend. Took a couple of weeks to get my flow back. I don't think doing a riding school one off will help but if you heavily invest it could. But you could go to a track with one of the dudes off here I bet he wont charge(maybe a crate of beer) just to give you a few tips on technique.

Join a gym.

Cocaine if all else fails.
WarrenMX
6/28/2018 11:24am
Practice sections of the track! I do this later in the day when I don't really have any stamina left but I can hold it together for a few corners. Pick one section with 2-3 corners and work on technique. Its amazing how much you learn doing this versus going around and around doing mindless motos. This is how you get 'seat time' without completely wearing yourself out. I've heard DV speak about this exact concept.

However, only do this if it's safe to do so and your track allows it. Be sensible, don't start the section on the back of a blind jump or somewhere equally as dangerous.

It might be different where you are but I find that the tracks here get really quiet in the afternoon so it works out perfectly for me.

The Shop

Graybeard
Fantasy
2310th
6/28/2018 11:33am
LOL, you describe my typical race day riding two classes! I can be tired by the second motos in this Texas heat, but I just give it all I have. The key is to always try to ride within my limits, even when I’m pushing with everything left. I’ve come off the track literally gasping for more O2, tongue hanging out my helmet like a dog, but in 15-20 minutes, I’m always happy that I have it my all, regardless of the final position.
Myke
Fantasy
2883rd
6/28/2018 1:27pm
Easy - Run intervals. You will be surprised how quick your fitness increases. Watch a video on running form and get good running shoes to help avoid injury. Running takes 40 to 50 minutes a couple times a week if you moto on the weekend.

Bootcamp- Crossfit guy got it right. Did 9 months last year and riding my dirt bike was actually like a rest day.
GregDVT
6/28/2018 9:24pm
The fundamental problem with my training program. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/06/28/270935/s1200_IMG_1868.jpg[/img]
The fundamental problem with my training program.
Seems like a sound program to me, quick results?
GregDVT
6/28/2018 9:28pm
In all seriousness though I notice a big difference when I start hydrating the night before. While drinking a gatorade at the track helps, its too late to hydrate once you are there, you just end up playing catch-up. Or even start hydrating if you have a long car ride, even if it means another pitstop.
Gukamonster
6/29/2018 5:32pm
If you are "fine" for the first 3 of 4 15 minute motos, then struggling half way through the 4th, it sound like you need to eat more, and/or extend the breaks between them a bit more.
6/29/2018 6:59pm
Mountain bike every other day. And ride your MX bike enough that you get comfortable and don't hold on with death grip. Will do wonders.

Post a reply to: Riding while exhausted advice

The Latest