Riding tip:clutch abuser

Racso
Hi,I’m an incorrigible clutch abuser rider and need some advice or tips that can fix that riding mistake.I’ve been Honda rider for a long time so you can imagine how many technical troubles I’ve had along these years.My last bike was an crf 450 2018 and had to mount a complete Hinson set that worked pretty well but it got so hot that was burning my right ankle by the end of the moto on a hot summer day!!!.
Now I’ ve picked a crf 450 2021, and the first time I rode it the clutch got stiffer due to heat I guess.
Now I’ m decided to change my style so any tip will be wellcomed.Thanks!!
|
sumdood
Fantasy
1282nd
3/14/2021 2:00pm
Uuummm.... take your fingers off the clutch and turn the throttle less ? Or......
Buy a 125 and capitalize on your natural talent ?
Maybe practice by taking the clutch lever off, hit the button in 2nd and bang it in and of gear ?
Or the obvious I guess just tell yourself to not do that ? Try to get your brain to override your auto pilot ?
That’s all I got....
philG
3/14/2021 2:05pm
Learn to ride.

If you are clutching a 450 bad enough to do that, you are doing it wrong.

Put a Rekluse in it, and take the lever off.
motox11
3/14/2021 3:34pm
Do moto after moto with your clutch perch straight up and down So the only time you can pull it in is to put it in gear at the beginning. It’ll force you to be in the correct gear and roll through turns with more momentum and be smoother on the throttle

The Shop

Nairb#70
3/14/2021 6:03pm
Put your index finger on the inside of clutch lever instead the outside. Did this with my first 4 srk. to teach me not to slip the clutch. Your finger is still there for a shift. Its kind of wonky at first, but you'll get used to it.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
3/14/2021 6:04pm
I just got back from cruising around by my house. I found some corners and decided to work on not touching the clutch at all coming into and through the corners. Started slow and picked up the pace each time I came around to another corner. I’ve done it this way for a while and it really helps
Tim507
3/14/2021 6:11pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I just got back from cruising around by my house. I found some corners and decided to work on not touching the clutch at all coming...
I just got back from cruising around by my house. I found some corners and decided to work on not touching the clutch at all coming into and through the corners. Started slow and picked up the pace each time I came around to another corner. I’ve done it this way for a while and it really helps
Retraining your muscle memory takes much repetition. Keep at it and you'll succeed....

Post a reply to: Riding tip:clutch abuser

The Latest