Riding in SoCal & Bike Rental

JD35
Hello guys!

I'm coming over for the San Diego Supercross and after the race, I'm doing a little road trip around California.
Towards the end, I'd like to go ride at local tracks, thinking Thursday, Friday, Saturday (7-9 Feb).

As I'm flying out from Los Angeles, I'd prefer to ride around the area.
I did my Google research on daily rentals and packages, and boy, there are so many options!
Can you suggest a good company to rent the bikes from in the area?
What would be the best tracks to go riding?

Cheers!
|
DTR830
Fantasy
1105th
12/26/2018 7:29pm
JD35 wrote:
Hello guys! I'm coming over for the San Diego Supercross and after the race, I'm doing a little road trip around California. Towards the end, I'd...
Hello guys!

I'm coming over for the San Diego Supercross and after the race, I'm doing a little road trip around California.
Towards the end, I'd like to go ride at local tracks, thinking Thursday, Friday, Saturday (7-9 Feb).

As I'm flying out from Los Angeles, I'd prefer to ride around the area.
I did my Google research on daily rentals and packages, and boy, there are so many options!
Can you suggest a good company to rent the bikes from in the area?
What would be the best tracks to go riding?

Cheers!
motocrossvacations.com
Myke
Fantasy
2883rd
12/26/2018 8:15pm
slmxschool.com. Great rates and great to deal with!

Glen Helen, Pala (Fox), and Cahuilla. In that order.

Maybe Milestone Thursday instead of Glen Helen because you may catch some pros on the supercross track.
barnett468
12/26/2018 8:20pm
The term "good tracks" can mean very different things to different people,.

What is your skill level?

Do you like double jumps?

Do you like big jumps?

Do you like a lot of jumps?

Do you prefer sand or hard packed tracks?

anniebertmojo
12/26/2018 10:25pm
Dennis Stapleton - MXA test rider. He has a lot of current bikes in his fleet to rent and has living accommodations (short and long term rentals) on his property close to all the major tracks. http://www.stapomx.com

The Shop

barnett468
12/26/2018 10:37pm
Dennis Stapleton - MXA test rider. He has a lot of current bikes in his fleet to rent and has living accommodations (short and long term...
Dennis Stapleton - MXA test rider. He has a lot of current bikes in his fleet to rent and has living accommodations (short and long term rentals) on his property close to all the major tracks. http://www.stapomx.com
Wow, he is only 4 miles from my house. I might stop in one day. Jeremy Mcgraths dad's garage is only 2 miles from me.
JD35
12/27/2018 5:22am
Thanks for the tips.
Will check them out.
It must be pretty competitive space with so many businesses focused on a relatively small area.
Glen Helen is definitely on TOP of my list.
Level-wise, I haven’t ridden much in past 8 years, but before, I did the European Championship circuit.
Hopefully the skills haven’t left me!
Tonynz
12/27/2018 12:59pm
I have used MX Vacations quite a few times they are really good.
Tenacious P
12/27/2018 2:18pm
JD35 wrote:
Thanks for the tips. Will check them out. It must be pretty competitive space with so many businesses focused on a relatively small area. Glen Helen...
Thanks for the tips.
Will check them out.
It must be pretty competitive space with so many businesses focused on a relatively small area.
Level-wise, I haven’t ridden much in past 8 years, but before, I did the European Championship circuit.
If you want to enjoy yourself I would say to skip Glen Helen... it's a monster of a track with unforgiving dirt and it's in the middle of nowhere. I've been to a couple nationals there but only ridden once, only time I left a track early. Definitely go to Milestone and Perris. Both are usually prepped really well. Milestone is easier (safer) than Perris, but Perris is a really cool track to ride. Lake Elsinore has a pretty cool intermediate track (it's the first one you see when you turn right into the park) with lots of step-ups, but the main is difficult and they let side-by-sides on the vet track so avoid that.

Pala vet is cool too, but its also out in BFE and the main track is like a national track... HUUUUUGE doubles last time I was there.
Myke
Fantasy
2883rd
12/27/2018 2:57pm Edited Date/Time 12/27/2018 2:57pm
JD35 wrote:
Thanks for the tips. Will check them out. It must be pretty competitive space with so many businesses focused on a relatively small area. Glen Helen...
Thanks for the tips.
Will check them out.
If you want to enjoy yourself I would say to skip Glen Helen... it's a monster of a track with unforgiving dirt and it's in the...
If you want to enjoy yourself I would say to skip Glen Helen... it's a monster of a track with unforgiving dirt and it's in the middle of nowhere. I've been to a couple nationals there but only ridden once, only time I left a track early. Definitely go to Milestone and Perris. Both are usually prepped really well. Milestone is easier (safer) than Perris, but Perris is a really cool track to ride. Lake Elsinore has a pretty cool intermediate track (it's the first one you see when you turn right into the park) with lots of step-ups, but the main is difficult and they let side-by-sides on the vet track so avoid that.

Pala vet is cool too, but its also out in BFE and the main track is like a national track... HUUUUUGE doubles last time I was there.
Funny this is pretty much the oposite recommendations I would give unless you were coming to CA again in the future.

Glen Helen is pretty fun right now and has a pretty mellow layout.
brocster
12/27/2018 3:36pm
Glen Helen is a must, just because then I’d hit Cahuilla then its a toss up for Milestone, Perris and Pala on any track in any order. Leave Elsinore as a last resort. All this is you are going to be staying in or around the 15 south of the 91.

Post a reply to: Riding in SoCal & Bike Rental

The Latest