Riding in North Carolina ?

onenastynotch
Hey guys I'm gonna be spending some time with in NC the next few months bouncing between the Charlotte /huntersvile area and the raliegh area...can u guys point me towards some good tracks...I saw club mx in SC is about 80 miles from where I'll be staying in huntersville and dirtworld mx is about 40 mins away.....any other tracks in the area worth checking out?
|
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
2/24/2019 8:44pm
Meanwhile in South Carolina....the winner of last October's $1.5 billion Mega Millions drawing in South Carolina remains a mystery.

With less than two months to go, the winning ticket has not been claimed.

People in Simpsonville where it was sold have plenty of theories. Maybe the winner was so overwhelmed, he or she died on the spot. Maybe the winner is on the run from police and fears a background check. Or maybe the ticket accidentally ended up in the trash.

If the ticket isn't claimed by April 19 there will be other losers. The owner of the store that sold the ticket loses a $50 000 prize. Every taxpayer in South Carolina may lose a $50 rebate possibly tied to the $61 million the winner would pay in income taxes on the jackpot.

With that type of $$$ you could build a motor paradise....look for that ticket boys.
DTR830
Fantasy
1105th
2/24/2019 11:13pm
cowbranch ,ncmp, west craven & JWTF
2/24/2019 11:24pm
Ncmp in Henderson. A little north of raleigh. Badass place when I have been. Few different tracks that are usually in good shape & like 20ish miles of trail riding I believe. Never ridden the trails tho.

The Shop

GarySemics
2/25/2019 6:11am
I know of a private track in Smithfield, NC. It's 40 minutes south of Raleigh, real close to Interstate 95. I know the owner (Steve Lassiter), so he let's me ride there and do private lessons. He does allow some friends and friends of friends ride there for 25.00. See more at... @moto95NC. Let me know if you want to ride there?
BobKerr
2/25/2019 6:25am
There is no riding in NC anymore due to all the rain, LOL.
jonboy688
2/25/2019 6:53am
yeah make sure you bring a paddle tire or like to ride mud if you are staying in the central nc, if you go south or east where there is some sand you should be good, west craven, countyline, jimmyw, morgans proven ground, club, wideopen

close to huntersville
center rd
dirt city
dirt world
skeeterville
eastbend

dirty city is a dust bowl and hard hard packed
dirt world was decent but havent been lately, it is suppose to be better
421 is great dirt
center rd isnt open offen
skeeterville is normally just sundays but is in mooresville
eastbend awesome dirt and open tuesday, thursday and sunday
moto314
2/25/2019 8:35am
jonboy688 wrote:
yeah make sure you bring a paddle tire or like to ride mud if you are staying in the central nc, if you go south or...
yeah make sure you bring a paddle tire or like to ride mud if you are staying in the central nc, if you go south or east where there is some sand you should be good, west craven, countyline, jimmyw, morgans proven ground, club, wideopen

close to huntersville
center rd
dirt city
dirt world
skeeterville
eastbend

421 is great dirt
There is a track in Mooresville?!!!
jonboy688
2/25/2019 8:42am Edited Date/Time 2/25/2019 8:45am
jonboy688 wrote:
yeah make sure you bring a paddle tire or like to ride mud if you are staying in the central nc, if you go south or...

close to huntersville
center rd
dirt city
dirt world
skeeterville
eastbend

421 is great dirt
moto314 wrote:
yeah its by the sod farm on patterson rd, about 3 miles from the dragstrip

he has a facebook page that he will update if there is riding for the weekend, pretty nice little local track with great dirt
moto314
2/25/2019 10:06am
jonboy688 wrote:

close to huntersville
center rd
dirt city
dirt world
skeeterville
eastbend

421 is great dirt
moto314 wrote:
jonboy688 wrote:
yeah its by the sod farm on patterson rd, about 3 miles from the dragstrip he has a facebook page that he will update if there...
yeah its by the sod farm on patterson rd, about 3 miles from the dragstrip

he has a facebook page that he will update if there is riding for the weekend, pretty nice little local track with great dirt
I will look for the facebook page, thanks!
BobbyLight
2/25/2019 2:46pm
Im just rattling off tracks that are somewhat close to charlotte that havent been mentioned:

Daniels ridge MX (taylorsville, nc)
Made for play MX (pilot mountain, NC)
Blackjack MX (greenville, nc)
GTR complex (gaston SC)
Motovated sports edgefield (edgefield SC)
Motovated sports 101 (gray court, SC)
Iron city MX (blacksburg, sc)
Catheys creek MX (forest city, NC)

There are also I few I know about but are either closed or haven't updated their page in a long time.
-Top gun MX is closed (iron station, nc)
-Shelby motocross express (shelby, nc) may still be open they just haven't updated their facebook, you could call 704 692 6366 and find out.
-Silver creek MX is closed (morganton nc)
-Zoo city MX (asheboro nc) - I think it is just a RC car track now, not sure.
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1936th
2/27/2019 3:51am
NCMP is in Raleigh, some great tracks in eastern NC. WCMX, JWTF, ECMX, 5pts, Halfmoon MX, Cowbranch, are just some on them!! County Line MX is in Wilmington and is an awesome track as well! We have plently of spots to ride in NC!!
4DAIVIPAI2K5
2/27/2019 4:29am
If it would ever stop raining we would head down. We have made it once this winter.... ugh. We usually hit up eastbend and 421. Last trip we did Club and East bend, while staying in N. Charlotte.
wsmille2
2/27/2019 6:06am
BobbyLight wrote:
Im just rattling off tracks that are somewhat close to charlotte that havent been mentioned: Daniels ridge MX (taylorsville, nc) Made for play MX (pilot mountain...
Im just rattling off tracks that are somewhat close to charlotte that havent been mentioned:

GTR complex (gaston SC)

There are also I few I know about but are either closed or haven't updated their page in a long time.
-Shelby motocross express (shelby, nc) may still be open they just haven't updated their facebook, you could call 704 692 6366 and find out.
Yes, Zoo city is closed.

Silver Creek is still open, however they are closed until some of this rain passes and the ground dries. Not sure if that is what you meant by your post of not. They are active on Instagram at SilverCreekMx
BobbyLight
2/27/2019 10:52am
BobbyLight wrote:
Im just rattling off tracks that are somewhat close to charlotte that havent been mentioned: Daniels ridge MX (taylorsville, nc) Made for play MX (pilot mountain...

GTR complex (gaston SC)

wsmille2 wrote:
Yes, Zoo city is closed. Silver Creek is still open, however they are closed until some of this rain passes and the ground dries. Not sure...
Yes, Zoo city is closed.

Silver Creek is still open, however they are closed until some of this rain passes and the ground dries. Not sure if that is what you meant by your post of not. They are active on Instagram at SilverCreekMx
On feb 14th silver creek posted on their facebook that they "are closed until further notice". Hopefully I mistook that and they will re-open after it dries up like you said.
FCTRY
2/27/2019 11:13am
Silver Creek is a world-class track, but they're only open on select Saturdays when conditions permit. I think that has added up to one day in the last three months or so. I've gotten out once lately, to dirt world, the track was borderline unrideable so I played on the woods track (which is fun), then spent more time cleaning the bike than I did riding. F this rain.
jonboy688
2/28/2019 4:42am
i forgot about silver valley in lexington.... it is a national caliber track for sure, wide and long with some nice safeish booters, there are a few go pro videos of the track
moto314
2/28/2019 4:55am
jonboy688 wrote:
i forgot about silver valley in lexington.... it is a national caliber track for sure, wide and long with some nice safeish booters, there are a...
i forgot about silver valley in lexington.... it is a national caliber track for sure, wide and long with some nice safeish booters, there are a few go pro videos of the track
I was starting to wonder why I was the only one to mention Silver Valley.
jonboy688
2/28/2019 5:06am
jonboy688 wrote:
i forgot about silver valley in lexington.... it is a national caliber track for sure, wide and long with some nice safeish booters, there are a...
moto314 wrote:
I was starting to wonder why I was the only one to mention Silver Valley.
sorry i missed where you tagged earlier, hoping to see ball creek open back up... it looked like a fun track, talked to them a few months and they were hoping to have everything up and going again this year, but havent seen updates
lumpy790
2/28/2019 7:00am Edited Date/Time 2/28/2019 7:00am
Iron City is a fun track by NC/SC line off 85 just outside of Charlotte. 20 min from my house
logan_140
3/13/2019 5:35pm
BobbyLight wrote:

GTR complex (gaston SC)

Is motovated 101 good?
3/13/2019 5:53pm
BobbyLight wrote:

GTR complex (gaston SC)

logan_140 wrote:
Is motovated 101 good?
Got to hit county line mx near Wilmington ,around 1.5 hours from Raleigh and silver valley mx
JMed651
3/13/2019 6:13pm
Center Road has always been a fav. What a fun little track. Good dirt, good layout. It’s not always open but I hope it survives.

Post a reply to: Riding in North Carolina ?

The Latest