Riding in AZ

Related:
Create New Tag

3/11/2020 7:32 PM

For those few that may be interested in riding Gopher Gulch MX Kingman AZ this weekend.

If so leave a comment and I'll provide more info.

Photo

|

3/11/2020 7:50 PM

That looks amazing.......

|

3/11/2020 7:52 PM

Have you been getting a lot of rain? That place looks like this time of year would be perfect for riding.

|

3/11/2020 8:17 PM

If I wasn't working this weekend,I would consider the five hour drive.
Thanks for the invite,your track looks awesome. Hope you get some takers on the invite.

|

3/11/2020 9:21 PM

Looks very nice! Are you going to be open Sat and Sun? Is camping available? A nice outdoor old school track might just be what the Dr. ordered.

|

3/11/2020 9:46 PM

How far, miles-minutes, from kingman?

|

3/12/2020 10:52 AM

I'm 45 min E.of Kingman off HWY 93 S.
I will be open Sat and Sun weather permitting and camping is cool.
Have been getting much rain track is soaked deep could be a bit muddy/rutty in the lower places.

Photo

|

3/12/2020 11:41 AM

Almost to wickiup? Heading south on 93, left or right side?

|

3/12/2020 11:49 AM

I'm think I'm going to take the drive. Is there an exact address? Off the 93 would be close to Wikieup right?

|

3/12/2020 12:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/14/2020 5:00 PM

Track address 15934 E Bull Springs rd. Kingman.
Turn east between mile post 101 and 100 hwy 93 about 9 miles south of 40 Windmill Ranches.
Follow Bull Springs rd 8.5 miles to track. It's a slow mountain road and takes about 22 mins to get to the track from the hwy.

Photo

|

3/12/2020 1:49 PM

motomojo wrote:

Track address 15934 E Bull Springs rd. Kingman.
Turn east between mile post 101 and 100 hwy 93 about 9 miles south of 40 ...more

Thanks..I'll verify before driving. Is the mountain road primitive and washboarded out? Is it possible to get a motorhome out there?

|

3/12/2020 2:04 PM

Jason123 wrote:

Thanks..I'll verify before driving. Is the mountain road primitive and washboarded out? Is it possible to get a motorhome out ...more

It's maintained well and hard even when wet doesn't get sloppy muddy will probably hit a bit of washboard here and there.
Motorhome is cool and will make it no problem. In fact the road crew was just working on the road by the track and cut me a nice new entrance very RV friendly.
They cut down a blind hill and pretty much destroyed the old entrance which was not RV friendly so it all worked out well as your's will be the first to use it.

|

3/12/2020 2:40 PM

Watch out for speed traps between Wickenburg and wikiup. No shit.

|

3/12/2020 3:52 PM

Track looks badass! Can't make it this weekend but would love to make the trek up if youre having guests another time.

|

3/12/2020 5:26 PM

CCicero wrote:

Track looks badass! Can't make it this weekend but would love to make the trek up if youre having guests another time.

Thanks.
More rain coming next week so I hope to ride next weekend as well.
I have a track work day going sat the 21st a few riders are coming out to help work on the track then ride.

|

3/12/2020 8:11 PM

Damn I miss your place Joe. In fact, it's only track in AZ that I miss. You've really got yourself a dreamland out there. Hope all is well!

|

3/12/2020 8:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/12/2020 8:31 PM

Looks like a really awesome track you got there. Love the desert landscape. I miss AZ...

|

3/13/2020 1:27 PM

Sorry but Mother Nature has other plans for this weekend.
I was hoping to make it till the weekend but it rained all night last night and started in again a little while ago with no end in sight.
Parts of the track are under water and while the road to the track is fine the pit area is just too muddy and slick for anyone to be able to get in without getting stuck.
Maybe next weekend as I will have the water pumped off and still have plenty of moisture for riding.

Old pic but the same situation today as then.
Photo

|

3/13/2020 1:39 PM

Agent717 wrote:

Damn I miss your place Joe. In fact, it's only track in AZ that I miss. You've really got yourself a dreamland out there. Hope ...more

Hey Tyler man I've been meaning to email you to see how things are going but just never get to it.
Hope you are finding some cool tracks around Austin. I know the music scene there is awesome hope you are indulging
and playing.
I've been busy in the studio check out a few of my mixes if ya have some time.
https://soundcloud.com/user500679894

So Glenn has gotten stricken by the 125 bug and just got a 2006 YZ125 recently.
Also I have a new neighbor that has bought some land near me that races and rides so now I have someone on the ranch to help work and ride whenever so it's coming together.

Good to hear from ya mate.

|

3/13/2020 3:29 PM

Is this the Infamous only track in kingman that Gonzalo Helped build I heard about?

|

3/13/2020 3:54 PM

motomojo wrote:

I was hoping to make it till the weekend but it rained all night ...more

Bummer..I was looking forward to riding that...Next weekend? If you need some help getting it back in shape during the week let me know. I have an open schedule..

|

3/13/2020 4:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/14/2020 4:59 PM

Jason123 wrote:

Bummer..I was looking forward to riding that...Next weekend? If you need some help getting it back in shape during the week ...more

Yeah I thought we had it but it started raining around 8pm and went till I was asleep around 11 not sure when it quit.
I started pumping water this morning at 9 and at noon it started raining again so I just left the pump run and went inside.
It ran out of gas a few hours later with plenty of water left to pump will finish up the pumping tomorrow if it doesn't rain.

Thanks for the offer to help not sure when I will be able to get the tractor on it to start fixing but I have a work day scheduled for next Sat several are coming out to work and hopefully ride. More rain in the forecast for next week as well so we'll see if either happen.
The good thing is there is so much moisture in the track now it will last a good while I had it ripped about 8 to 10 inches deep so it's holding a lot of water so we'll get a ride or few in before it drys up.

If you are open to riding during the week I am always looking for someone to ride with.
I have one friend from Williams AZ Reuben that comes out during the week occasionally to help work and ride so feel free to hit me up for a mid week ride.

|

3/13/2020 5:02 PM

asmith214x wrote:

Is this the Infamous only track in kingman that Gonzalo Helped build I heard about?

Don't know a Gonzalo and no one helped me build this track. Kingman provides zero support to this track.

|

3/13/2020 5:22 PM

Man when I read this initial post I was hoping the rain would stop to check in as a plus 1. Bummer it didn’t... any plans for future weekends?

|

3/13/2020 5:27 PM

snackfedbear wrote:

Man when I read this initial post I was hoping the rain would stop to check in as a plus 1. Bummer it didn’t... any plans for ...more

Looking at next weekend if it doesn't rain all next week ha!
I have a work/ride day Sat the 21st so hopefully the weather will cooperate.

|

3/14/2020 12:04 AM

Joe,

My final post op appt is this coming Wednesday and if I’m cleared to ride I might have to make the drive out, I have been going stir crazy since my operation!

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

3/16/2020 12:13 AM

motomojo wrote:

I was hoping to make it till the weekend but it rained all night ...more

Jason123 wrote:

Bummer..I was looking forward to riding that...Next weekend? If you need some help getting it back in shape during the week ...more

motomojo wrote:

Yeah I thought we had it but it started raining around 8pm and went till I was asleep around 11 not sure when it quit.
I ...more

Has it dried out at up there all ? I have nothing going on this week and my bike is on the back of my MH ready to ride. I can drive up and help prep tomorrow night before we get the next late week soaker..

|

3/16/2020 3:21 PM

Jason123 wrote:

Has it dried out at up there all ? I have nothing going on this week and my bike is on the back of my MH ready to ride. I can ...more

I wish still under water in some places was busy yesterday collecting firewood for the winter storm coming in tomorrow and had a doctors app today so I haven't been able to do any pumping.
Won't have my tractor running till late this week waiting for a hydraulic line for the power steering so I'm dead in the water literally till next week sometime.
Track will have to be groomed to remove all the erosion channels on the hills if you were to get into one coming down a hill it could be ugly.
Pretty much a waste of moisture by the time I get things back in order it will be dry again.

|

3/16/2020 5:26 PM

Well- I guess I have something to look forward to possibly next week. Give me a shout when you need some help.

|

3/16/2020 5:47 PM

Jason123 wrote:

Well- I guess I have something to look forward to possibly next week. Give me a shout when you need some help.

There is a slim chance I just checked the weather forecast for the next 10 days and it has changed instead of rain starting tomorrow thru Sat it's now a shower Wed and Fri morning so depending on how much and if that doesn't change again I should be able to get the tractor on it Fri afternoon and maybe salvage the weekend.
Ha! things will have to work out just right and so far I haven't had any luck in that department in 6 years.
We shall see what Ma nature has in store.

Cheers

|