BroFoSho
Edited Date/Time 10/25/2013 4:06pm
What do you think? Fun track?

|
Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1522nd
10/24/2013 4:27pm
Motogrande is ok. The biggest problem is with the ownership. We raced there a few weeks ago and they did zero prep work. And they generally open only for races. They did not water at all on Saturday for practice and threw down a boatload of water on Sunday around the 3rd race or so. If it were maintained properly and the owner wasn't such a...flake (I'm being nice), it would be a cool track. Definitely different...Much better tracks in AZ, though. ACP, MC, Motoland, ET are all much better tracks, IMO.
peelout
10/24/2013 4:43pm Edited Date/Time 10/24/2013 4:48pm
what was that farting sound all the way through?

track looks fun to go mess around on... but with all the low dug spots it seems it would be impossible to clear water if it rained or if the water-truck guy was drunk.

my question, how did you upload a video with music? i tried it with one of my Go-Pro vids, Pink Floyd Time (fitting for the nature of the vid) and YouTube wouldn't let me and uploaded a soundless video instead... pricks

also... sick number. a kid i raced with and was really close friends with when i was younger had the 741, i always thought he was the bee's knees... he beat Pastrana at the World Mini one year on 125's straight up, kid was going places, unfortunately a few months after the World Mini he was paralyzed. always wondered what if.. anyway, now i see that number and it always brings back great memories. right on bro.
Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1522nd
10/24/2013 4:53pm
The water truck guy is drunk a lot (allegedly)...
10/24/2013 5:36pm
peelout wrote:
what was that farting sound all the way through? track looks fun to go mess around on... but with all the low dug spots it seems...

track looks fun to go mess around on... but with all the low dug spots it seems it would be impossible to clear water if it rained or if the water-truck guy was drunk.

my question, how did you upload a video with music? i tried it with one of my Go-Pro vids, Pink Floyd Time (fitting for the nature of the vid) and YouTube wouldn't let me and uploaded a soundless video instead... pricks

also... sick number. a kid i raced with and was really close friends with when i was younger had the 741, i always thought he was the bee's knees... he beat Pastrana at the World Mini one year on 125's straight up, kid was going places, unfortunately a few months after the World Mini he was paralyzed. always wondered what if.. anyway, now i see that number and it always brings back great memories. right on bro.
That's one my favorite #'s 741 peel growin up we had a dude in michigan Erik McLear anyway I was gonna give my son that # but I'm kinda superstitious so gonna find another now very sorry about your friend being injured any riders worst nightmare

The Shop

500guy
10/24/2013 7:52pm
Mr. Ted wrote:
The water truck guy is drunk a lot (allegedly)...
So you don't know then ?
500guy
10/24/2013 7:56pm
peelout wrote:
what was that farting sound all the way through? track looks fun to go mess around on... but with all the low dug spots it seems...

Those holes are so deep there is pretty good drainage and the 3 days a year we get to much rain is no big deal

If you like a cool track with jumps that flow , you would really enjoy this place. Barry is no saint that is for sure , but he is out there trying
4stroke4DWIN
10/24/2013 8:23pm
That place is a clown show, toss your tires after a day of racing.
bvm111
10/24/2013 10:44pm
what ever happened to Canyon? Is Thrasher still around?

I grew riding canyon and it was a great track!
VET74
10/25/2013 6:07am
It was fun to throw it in the mix every once in a while, but ET, Motoland, Canyon, ACP, and many others were much more fun...
Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1522nd
10/25/2013 6:39am
bvm111 wrote:

Canyon is still going strong. We go there at least a couple times a month. Good track. Speedworld unfortunately is gone as well as FIrebird and Grindingstone. Although rumors abound that all three will return at some point. But don't hold your breath.
RMT
10/25/2013 8:12am
bvm111 wrote:

Canyon is still alive and kickin. Lots of sawdust now and they prep pretty well for practice days. Since speedworld closed, they get a pretty good crowd out there. Layout is probably still the same as back in the day although it might run reverse of what you remember.
Agent717
10/25/2013 9:48am
I go to ET quite a bit since it's like 10 minutes from my house. It reminds me of a really tame Milestone. I enjoy heading out to Canyon. It's a little more diverse than the others.

I am on a mission to find this spot. I've spent quite a while on Google Earth to no avail.

https://youtu.be/erB4G4rONvo
Socket946
10/25/2013 9:58am
I am pretty sure Thrasher is gone, and Roger has moved to NM
Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1522nd
10/25/2013 12:47pm
Agent717 wrote:
I go to ET quite a bit since it's like 10 minutes from my house. It reminds me of a really tame Milestone. I enjoy heading...
I go to ET quite a bit since it's like 10 minutes from my house. It reminds me of a really tame Milestone. I enjoy heading out to Canyon. It's a little more diverse than the others.

I am on a mission to find this spot. I've spent quite a while on Google Earth to no avail.

https://youtu.be/erB4G4rONvo
Taylor and Destry aren't giving it up! Kind of a "private" track he dug in himself. I have an idea where it is, but I was sworn to silence...
bvm111
10/25/2013 1:00pm
Socket946 wrote:
i thought thats what i heard from my old riding buddies last year at PHX SX, I thought they said it was suppose to reopen but it was just a rumor.
BobbyM
10/25/2013 1:17pm
Gman should chime in...he's ridden every track and female around these parts.
Socket946
10/25/2013 1:35pm
Socket946 wrote:
bvm111 wrote:
i thought thats what i heard from my old riding buddies last year at PHX SX, I thought they said it was suppose to reopen but...
i thought thats what i heard from my old riding buddies last year at PHX SX, I thought they said it was suppose to reopen but it was just a rumor.
Look up, "Arroyo Seco raceway" in Deming, NM....

Rogers the last of the "good guys" in this world.
10/25/2013 4:06pm
Hey Joe, Although I went out to Thrasherland a few times to watch my neighbor Rob Drew race I had nothing to do with the place.

Post a reply to: Riding in AZ

The Latest