Riding Style ZO16

Related:
Create New Tag

3/5/2018 2:26 PM

This is just an observation, yes I know he is ridiculously fast and I could never go that fast...BUT Zach Osborne has such a strange riding style to watch.

He never seems to be in the ideal seat position, ever, he is always hangin mid to back of his seat, and his riding style just looks uncomfortable. Maybe it’s because I am tall and identify with guys like Kevin Windham...never liked RCs style much either much...

Flame on... #gohobbitgo

|

3/5/2018 2:31 PM

reynardfan1 wrote:

This is just an observation, yes I know he is ridiculously fast and I could never go that fast...BUT Zach Osborne has such a ...more

Never cared for RCs style either. Went against most fundamentals of body position and “attacking”. He broke the rules and it worked though, so can’t knock him for it. Bars rolled into the lap trend was annoying though

|

3/5/2018 2:35 PM

I've always noticed that. He's always over the back going through corners and its so strange. But if it works for him, then I can't criticize too much

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

3/5/2018 2:35 PM

I am also a taller guy and have found myself totally puzzled watching Zacho ride on the rear of his seat. Props to him for ripping and doing what works for him but it sure is a unique style.

|

3/5/2018 2:37 PM

Agreed, it is odd but it works and looks badass. He's always in a "tuck" looking position it seems and it makes him look very aggressive on the bike. His scrubs are badass, too.

|

http://www.taggerdesigns.net/shop/

Instagram / Snapchat @taggerdesigns

3/5/2018 2:44 PM

I said this during the race thread but his style of staying centred mid seat (mostly) reminds me of Jeffrey in the GPs - not saying they look similar but Herlings does the same thing in that regard at least. Back in the day when I started riding it was all about getting forward in the attack position for the corners.

|

3/5/2018 3:00 PM

Glad I’m not alone. Always found it strange that his leg is fully extended and no where near the front wheel. He’s got it dialed though. Cunningham is different from the norm as well...my opinion of course.

|

3/5/2018 3:03 PM

brocster wrote:

Glad I’m not alone. Always found it strange that his leg is fully extended and no where near the front wheel. He’s got it ...more

Agreed! Cunningham is always elbows down, but he makes it work I guess. Wonder if that positioning has anything to do with some of his crashes though. I've seen him come on short on jumps and slam his chest and face into the bars. Can't tell if it's from his elbows down style or if it's from not enough upper body strength.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

3/5/2018 3:11 PM

brocster wrote:

Glad I’m not alone. Always found it strange that his leg is fully extended and no where near the front wheel. He’s got it ...more

Cunningham has got the patented "bobblehead" riding style going on, nothing like ZO's ass-over-fender style

|

3/5/2018 3:12 PM

Jason Anderson rides middle to back of the bike, but he’s so lanky he doesn’t look as stretched out as Zacho.

|

3/5/2018 3:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/5/2018 3:28 PM

ZachO makes it look awkward. But here I am criticizing his riding from the couch lol

|

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

3/5/2018 3:45 PM

brocster wrote:

peelout wrote:

Cunningham has got the patented "bobblehead" riding style going on, nothing like ZO's ass-over-fender style

I thought I was the only one who noticed...! #bobblehead

|

3/5/2018 3:53 PM

His legs are sooo short....

|

“I’m not Swap…”

3/5/2018 4:23 PM

Do you turn up/down the pre load on the shock?? Seems like a awesome way to get ejected.

|

3/5/2018 5:58 PM

My riding style was very similar. I felt like it gave me more stability on the bike and better traction.

|

MCM2 name - RXR_ProKawi24
PS4 Gamertag "Rocko24" - Add me for MES2 (soon to be MES3)

3/5/2018 6:01 PM

Why are you tall guys always picking on us short-folks?

grin

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

3/5/2018 6:06 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

Why are you tall guys always picking on us short-folks?

grin

Cause you've got it easy in moto!

Osborne always looks like he is about to wash the front, but I think it seems more exacerbated on the Husky than it ever did on the Honda or Yamaha.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3/5/2018 6:08 PM

I'm thinking you jus' got spell-checked: exaggerated

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

3/5/2018 6:12 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

Nope. Exacerbate: make (a problem, bad situation, or negative feeling) worse.

Same thing though.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3/5/2018 6:14 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

Crush wrote:

Same thing though.

Dammit! I was just going to say his dictionary is broken...

|

3/5/2018 6:16 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

Crush wrote:

Same thing though.

EZZA 95B wrote:

Just like that F'ing movie where the apes are smarter than us.

|

3/5/2018 6:21 PM

Crush wrote:

Same thing though.

EZZA 95B wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:

An ape and someone that was homeschooled.laughing tongue wink

|

3/5/2018 8:17 PM

Here are a couple of my photos of Zach from 2006, his style hasn't changed much,he was fast back then too,he just wasn't in shape like he is now.
Right click the link under each photo and choose "open in a new tab" to see them full size.

Zach Osborne - Daytona 2006
Photo
https://a4.pbase.com/o10/97/326897/1/167095210.QtCwm5ny.PS0E2968web.jpg

Zach Osborne - Hangtown 2006
Photo
https://a4.pbase.com/o10/97/326897/1/167095209.gpKdG2Ib.3D9F0159web.jpg

|

My photo gallery: www.pbase.com/thomasef

3/6/2018 5:52 AM

Good lord.. you'd think in that first pic that one wrong move and you'd get ejected over the bars. I sure do love watching him ride though.

|

3/6/2018 6:27 AM

brocster wrote:

peelout wrote:

I can't understand how Cunningham sees the track the way his head bobs around while he's riding.

Osborne has got the "weighting the rear tire" style down pat though.

|

3/6/2018 6:48 AM

brocster wrote:

This was driving me crazy watching him last weekend. Zacko does a straight leg next to foot peg through the corners instead of the "proper" up on the shroud, yet he kills it in the corners. It blows my mind. He also is almost always scrunched into the seat on jumps, keeping his whole body as tight to the bike as he can. Anderson I noticed does this too and it works very well for both of them. They scrub every jump without needing to lay the bike down. And of course when they do lay the bike down both of them are far back and land rear wheel first so they can accelerate hard as soon as tire touches ground. Very cool style. I love watching both of them ride and thinking about it, it seems they are pretty similar.

|

2018 crf450r
2015 Ninja 1000

3/6/2018 6:54 AM

Photo
|

3/6/2018 6:57 AM

Photo
|

3/6/2018 7:21 AM

billyp330 wrote:

This was driving me crazy watching him last weekend. Zacko does a straight leg next to foot peg through the corners instead of ...more

Didn't someone post the other day that over half the time on an SX track the tires aren't even touching the ground?

Back in the 80s, I could see the manufacturers building stuff to take advantage of the airtime. I mean, why build a bike for only 50% of the track when the tires are on the ground? But now days, it seems the pockets are much emptier and there is now way they would do a bunch of aerodynamic testing.

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

3/6/2018 8:02 AM

EZZA 95B wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:

EZZA 95B wrote:

An ape and someone that was homeschooled.laughing tongue wink

|

Cheers, Crush