Riding Holiday in USA for 7 Year Old - Is it possible?

Tyrell
11/24/2018 1:17am
Hi All,

We are planning a family holiday in US next year and I was thinking about doing a few days riding with one of the usual providers CMH, ride etc.

However my 7 year old now says he wants to do the same, he rides an SX50 and is competent on the kids track.

Do any of the SoCal tracks have kids tracks?

Regarding a bike I was thinking we could probably strip his and bring it over in suitcases or if worse came to worse buy a used bike from a dealer in US and sell it back to same dealer after riding!

Does any of this sound feasible, I know it could be quite expensive but it could produce some great memories. We're really enjoying track days over here, he's quite happy to sit and wait while I'm doing my session.

Thoughts please?

Thanks.
|
4DAIVIPAI2K5
11/24/2018 4:30am
I have no help in the subject.

But that sounds like a fantastic time and way to make ever lasting memories.
Ewan49
11/24/2018 5:49am
2 words for you.....Do it!!!
Don't think about it, don't hesitate, don't have any doubts, just do it! The amazing time you will have with your son will create even more amazing memories not just for you, but for your son as well. Memories that will last your's and his lifetime.
I have spent a lot of time over the years riding in America. And each and every time there has always been plenty of kids riding at all the SoCal tracks. If I was you I wouldn't worry about pulling down his bike and putting it in a suitcase. Your idea of buying a bike for him over there and reselling it is a much better idea. And even if you lose a couple hundred dollars on it it saves all the hassles of pulling your bike down and travelling with it. Call a few dealers before you go over there and tell them what you want to do. I guarantee you will find more than 1 dealer that will be more than happy to do something with you and help you out. I have had alot to do with North County Yamaha down in San Marcos. They were always super helpful and went above and beyond to help me out with anything.
Like I said earlier, just do it. Life is about not having any regrets and I strongly believe that you will regret it if you don't do it!
Good luck with it and have a great time.
11/24/2018 10:14am
You can buy a bike and put it on consignment when done. Pay like a % fee if the sale price for them advertising it on their floor.

Definitely do it.
colintrax
Fantasy
2302nd
11/24/2018 10:39am
I cant speak for the California tracks, but most tracks around here have kids specific tracks. The ones that dont will/should have split practice times so kids arent out there with 450D riders.
Here in Georgia both Highland Park and Durhamtown have rental bikes. Unfortunately the only kids bikes they have are trail bikes.

The Shop

Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1084th
11/24/2018 11:32am
The DT1 track in Tulare, CA splits up the riding sessions. Fast, slow and kids. At the end of the day when there are very few riders they'll often combine everyone. There's also a vet/kids track that stays open all the time. No jumps to speak of on that one, you'll see kids rolling around it for hours on end.
11/24/2018 12:15pm
Most of the tracks in socal have a separate kids track lacr perris pala milestone comp edge.
bradmx421
11/24/2018 12:18pm
Most of the SoCal tracks have kids tracks, and even the Vet tracks i consider kids tracks and make it easy for you to ride with your child. Just be careful on the weekends
kage173
11/24/2018 1:48pm
Bro, before you try to buy/sell a bike like that, just go to the track, walk up to some Dad and tell him your story. I Can't imagine that people would not share their kids bike with your son. I know I'd be stoked to do it. Motofamilies will usually give the shirt off their back when there's a young kid trying to ride.
rallendude
11/26/2018 6:53am
kage173 wrote:
Bro, before you try to buy/sell a bike like that, just go to the track, walk up to some Dad and tell him your story. I...
Bro, before you try to buy/sell a bike like that, just go to the track, walk up to some Dad and tell him your story. I Can't imagine that people would not share their kids bike with your son. I know I'd be stoked to do it. Motofamilies will usually give the shirt off their back when there's a young kid trying to ride.
I probably wouldn't bank on some random moto dad loaning you his kid's bike but surely there are people on moto boards like this one that would loan you a bike, pre-arranged so you don't have to worry about whether or not your son will get a ride.
ga_pike
11/26/2018 12:38pm
A quick Google search turns up several options for rentals in SoCal. I do not have experience with any of them, but it might be worth an e-mail or phone call.

Post a reply to: Riding Holiday in USA for 7 Year Old - Is it possible?

The Latest