Riders you think are the best investments for their sponsors

Clutchy
Edited Date/Time 3/30/2012 9:17am
DISCLAIMER......................This is strictly OPINION and not FACT. Opinions posted are at the discretion of the owner of said opinion. The reading of these opinions is at the sole discretion of the reader and could result in brain damage, loss of sleep, Spousal abuse, Tourette syndrome or loss of cognitive brain function.

Who looks to be getting their sponsors a good return on investment ( ROI )... Who's not..?

The GOOD investments.................

Ryan Dungey......... probably came at a very high price but has been a game changer for KTM and sponsors. Paying dividends.

Davi Millsaps........ probably came at a very fair price and has been getting the JGR Yamaha's some good air time. Paying dividends.

Blake Wharton........Slash looks to be a top investment. Paying dividends.

Justin Barcia..... Is doing what is expected, but doing it in a very dominating fashion. Paying dividends.

Eli Tomac............ Was killing it and making it look easy. A big finish could make him a great stock. Paying dividends.

The best investment....................... Ryan Dungey.

Some investment not looking so good...... For whatever reason, not paying dividends.....

James Stewart........... Probably came at the highest price and has been all over the place. Very inconsistent. Very few dividends.

Josh Grant.......... Lots of bad luck, Hard to tell if he's brought some of that on himself in the last couple years. Very few dividends.

Josh Hansen........... Same as Grant and very few dividends....

Blake Baggett........... He's sputtering but has the best chance to get off this list and pay some good dividends.

Austin Stroupe........... Very bad. NO dividends.

Good investment just by association...........

Trey Canard and Kevin Windham...... No matter the results these guy's pay dividends.
|
BobbyM
3/29/2012 12:36pm
DUNGEY...DUNGEY...AND REED
Grieby54
3/29/2012 12:57pm
Worst sponsorship choice? When ONE picked up Jason Lawrence, and subsequently lost Ryan Dungey. That was a BRILLIANT decision and I'm sure whoever made that call was told to pack their shit and get lost.
MT MX
3/29/2012 1:08pm
So your hypothesis comes for a successful ROI comes from podiums or wins? Dumbest damn thing I've ever heard. There's more to sponsorships than wins.

The Shop

CBird81
3/29/2012 1:12pm
MT MX wrote:
So your hypothesis comes for a successful ROI comes from podiums or wins? Dumbest damn thing I've ever heard. There's more to sponsorships than wins.
Like the OP says its 'HIS' opinion and he's asking what others think... also did you not read the last sentence re Windham and Canard? Why bag on the guy?
dboivin
3/29/2012 1:14pm
don't see why baggett falls under or even near the category as grant or stew. he's been in the mix in every series for pro-circuit...hows that bad???
lucero10x
3/29/2012 1:15pm
Kevin Windham-has a place in the opening ceremonies wowing the fuck out of the crowd no matter if he is in the top ten in points and he is pure class.

Nick Wey-Mandingo loves him. Smile And he is pure class.

worst investment-Josh Grant, unfortunately. I really want him to finish out and gain some momentum.
Clutchy
3/29/2012 1:44pm
CBird81 wrote:
Like the OP says its 'HIS' opinion and he's asking what others think... also did you not read the last sentence re Windham and Canard? Why...
Like the OP says its 'HIS' opinion and he's asking what others think... also did you not read the last sentence re Windham and Canard? Why bag on the guy?
Why bag on the guy?

Because he has a small ------------ ( Fill in the blank )
MT MX
3/29/2012 1:52pm
CBird81 wrote:
Like the OP says its 'HIS' opinion and he's asking what others think... also did you not read the last sentence re Windham and Canard? Why...
Clutchy wrote:
Why bag on the guy?

Blink That all you got?
Highsider
3/29/2012 2:16pm Edited Date/Time 3/29/2012 3:16pm
lucero10x wrote:
Kevin Windham-has a place in the opening ceremonies wowing the fuck out of the crowd no matter if he is in the top ten in points...
Kevin Windham-has a place in the opening ceremonies wowing the fuck out of the crowd no matter if he is in the top ten in points and he is pure class.

Nick Wey-Mandingo loves him. Smile And he is pure class.

worst investment-Josh Grant, unfortunately. I really want him to finish out and gain some momentum.
Nick Wey-Mandingo loves him. And he is pure class.

MSR, TiLUBE and the rest, love him too.
Maybe even Kawasaki.
Gukamonster
3/29/2012 2:27pm
The Hahn brothers seem like a good investment. For some reason they get on every moto show all the time, like PulpMX, DMXS, Transworld videos etc. They are fast as heck and everyone says they're the nicest people in the pits too. Plus since they are both always injured it saves the sponsors money in operating costs. Best value in the sport!
MT MX
3/29/2012 2:31pm
I would think Brayton might be high on the list also.
peelout
3/29/2012 2:37pm Edited Date/Time 3/29/2012 2:38pm
Good:

JLaw

that's not a vanity answer, i sincerely believe JLaw (while racing) has the most to offer a sponsor

also Stewart for obvious reasons (none of those reasons being current results)
BMP63
3/29/2012 2:38pm
My opinion: Stewart might be the best for his sponsors, in a way different than that of Dungey. Stewart, unlike a lot of other supercross rider, is known outside of the sport. Plus all the dinners, ride days, etc, I'm pretty sure it pays off for the sponsors. I do agree that Windham, Canard, and Dungey are all good for the sponsors as well; how can anyone dislike any of those guys?
Wolfman
3/29/2012 2:41pm
CBird81 wrote:
Clutchy wrote:
Why bag on the guy?

MT MX wrote:
Blink That all you got?
That's what she said?
MT MX
3/29/2012 2:42pm
Clutchy wrote:
Why bag on the guy?

MT MX wrote:
Blink That all you got?
Wolfman wrote:
That's what she said?
Touche'
Nothing is funnier than "that's what she said" jokes
Smitch
3/29/2012 3:16pm
I'm going out on a limb and say: Ricky Carmichael.

Post a reply to: Riders you think are the best investments for their sponsors

The Latest