Riders who need Rides

SRP33
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 2:48am
So now that the season is getting close what riders are still available
|
jeffro503
12/14/2010 7:06am
Well....here is a list i found online.....so if you don't see the rider , they may have not found a home yet.

San Manuel Yamaha
7 James Stewart
30 Kyle Regal

Monster Energy Kawasaki
2 Ryan Villopoto
32 Jake Weimer

Rockstar/Makita Suzuki
1 Ryan Dungey
24 Brett Metcalfe

TwoTwo Motorsports
22 Chad Reed

Team Honda
33 Josh Grant
41 Trey Canard

JGRMX/Muscle Milk/Toyota
18 Davi Millsaps
23 Justin Brayton

DNA Shred Stixs/Star Racing Yamaha
25 Ryan Sipes
35 Kyle Cunningham
TBD Gareth Swanepoel
TBD Gannon Audette

GEICO Powersports Honda
14 Kevin Windham
17 Justin Barcia
19 Eli Tomac
21 Blake Wharton
31 Wil Hahn

Monster Energy/Pro Circuit Kawasaki
15 Dean Wilson
20 Broc Tickle
28 Tyla Rattray
57 Blake Baggett
100 Josh Hansen

Red Bull KTM
29 Andrew Short
125 Marvin Musquin
194 Ken Roczen
800 Mike Alessi

JDR Motorsports KTM
TBD PJ Larsen

TBD Tye Simmonds

Troy Lee Designs Honda
36 Cole Seely
58 Travis Baker
TBD Christian Craig

Rockstar Energy Drink Suzuki
23 Martin Davalos
71 Ryan Morais
77 Ian Trettel
TBD Jason Anderson

BTOSports.com/BBMX/Palmetto Suzuki
26 Michael Byrne
47 Jason Thomas

MotoConcepts Yamaha
11 Kyle Chisholm
12 Tommy Hahn
45 Vince Friese

Valli Motorsports
27 Nick Wey
74 Austin Stroupe

Dodge//Hart & Huntington Kawasaki
9 Ivan Tedesco
38 Chris Blose
75 Josh Hill

BTW , BYrne and Millsaps are both out right now with injuries.....so that opens two spots as of right now that I know of.
sassymxchic
12/14/2010 7:35am Edited Date/Time 12/14/2010 7:41am
It's been a while since I've been on here! But, Phil Nicoletti is riding for AG Motorspots/Dragon Racing Fuels/KTM. Granted that is the unofficial name of the team, because I am not sure exactly how they prefer it to be said, lol. Pretty sure Jimmy Albertson is on the team as well.

Also, isn't Musquin hurt? So there's a spot, too...

The Shop

Trig331
12/14/2010 8:47am
It's been a while since I've been on here! But, Phil Nicoletti is riding for AG Motorspots/Dragon Racing Fuels/KTM. Granted that is the unofficial name of...
It's been a while since I've been on here! But, Phil Nicoletti is riding for AG Motorspots/Dragon Racing Fuels/KTM. Granted that is the unofficial name of the team, because I am not sure exactly how they prefer it to be said, lol. Pretty sure Jimmy Albertson is on the team as well.

Also, isn't Musquin hurt? So there's a spot, too...
http://www.racerxonline.com/article/ag-motorsportsktm-announces-2011-te…

Should be a solid team. Glad to see Jimmy and Killy getting some help. Hopefully they get some good results.
Shawn142
12/14/2010 9:38am
Does Matt Boni have anything going? I know he had some knee trouble but 2 years ago he was coming on strong with several top 10s for BBMX then H&H.
12/14/2010 9:59am
Those 2 spots are not open unless they are season ending injuries and they want to hire replacement riders.
moto138
12/14/2010 10:36am
Pj and Simmonds are confirmed with JDR.
Fantasy
4478th
12/14/2010 10:40am
Shawn142 wrote:
Does Matt Boni have anything going? I know he had some knee trouble but 2 years ago he was coming on strong with several top 10s...
Does Matt Boni have anything going? I know he had some knee trouble but 2 years ago he was coming on strong with several top 10s for BBMX then H&H.
i think he has a deal with ti lube
ebers
Fantasy
250th
12/14/2010 2:21pm
Bobby Kiniry? Any word on him?
Mod Killer
12/14/2010 2:35pm Edited Date/Time 12/14/2010 2:39pm
TOMMY WEEKS - After coming back from injury, he destroyed all the other Suzuki riders at Pala last year on what was basically a stock bike. Kid can ride SX and Outdoors.

&

RICKY DEITRICH - Ricky is a lock to pull podiums in the Outdoors. How he doesnt get a shot while some of the re-treads I see on that list get ride after ride is way beyond me.

by far the two best riders available.
neverwas
Fantasy
740th
12/14/2010 3:07pm
Mod Killer wrote:
TOMMY WEEKS - After coming back from injury, he destroyed all the other Suzuki riders at Pala last year on what was basically a stock bike...
TOMMY WEEKS - After coming back from injury, he destroyed all the other Suzuki riders at Pala last year on what was basically a stock bike. Kid can ride SX and Outdoors.

&

RICKY DEITRICH - Ricky is a lock to pull podiums in the Outdoors. How he doesnt get a shot while some of the re-treads I see on that list get ride after ride is way beyond me.

Deitrich is a great off road rider and put in some great rides at the Nationals a year or two ago,but a lock for podiums?
Has he ever made the podium at a National?
Mod Killer
12/14/2010 3:11pm
was top 5 i think every race he entered if not nearly every race.

and he did it on a borrowed bike. let me just say that kawi wasnt too enthusiastic about having him out there and wasnt interested in giving him their full effort.

a quality bike, a quality effort, and yeah, i'd bet serious money that he finishes the series with multiple podiums and easily in the top 5 of the overall.
TeamGreen
12/14/2010 3:14pm
Mod Killer wrote:
was top 5 i think every race he entered if not nearly every race. and he did it on a borrowed bike. let me just say...

and he did it on a borrowed bike. let me just say that kawi wasnt too enthusiastic about having him out there and wasnt interested in giving him their full effort.

a quality bike, a quality effort, and yeah, i'd bet serious money that he finishes the series with multiple podiums and easily in the top 5 of the overall.
So, Ricky didn't ride a Factory prepared KX450(SR)?

Really? Huh.

Oh, and, he didn't get to test his own set-up?

Huh.

Really?

Man, either my eyes are goin' or my memory is shot.
Mod Killer
12/14/2010 3:22pm
my screen name might not be teamgreen, so i might not have any credibility to you....but it takes more than one hand to count the number of close friends i have that have ridden for their factory team.

the story is always the same imo. kawi (and honda for that matter) can both eat a dick. if fans/consumers had the slightest clue how those corps operate, theyd never buy their products on principle alone. ive seen waaay too many riders get dicked around by those two.
ebers
Fantasy
250th
12/14/2010 3:27pm
Ricky is off the Kawi offroad team, but does that mean he is looking to go Outdoors or just a different team for offroad?
TeamGreen
12/14/2010 3:43pm
From June, 10th, 2009. Recer-X/Cox interview w/ Ricky...

I'm jus' sayin'...

Did you get to ride the bike much prior to Texas?
I got to ride the bike twice. We went out to Perris on Wednesday, and then Thursday at that new Pala track. So I had a little bit of time on the bike, and it was a little different from the setup that I run, and I changed a couple things to make it more like I like my bike to be – I like it a little choppered out and stuff – so we just changed some basic setup stuff. I probably had three hours on the bike and then I just showed up for Texas and went for it.

What are the biggest differences between this factory bike and the bike you rode at Glen Helen?
I’d say the biggest thing is the factory bike’s got a whole lot of power. That thing is a powerhouse. We practiced starts, and I think the first start I practiced, I wheelied gnarly straight out of the gate and wasn’t expecting that at all, you know? But we can’t really set up our off-road bikes like that, because if we set it up for a powerhouse, there’s no way that we could hang onto that thing for two hours. We tend to leave them a little more stock, for durability as well as for rideability. So I think the biggest thing for me is riding a bike with that much power. I haven’t ever experienced anything like that, and shoot, halfway through the second moto at Texas, I was still getting used to the power of that bike. It’s cool, though. I like it. The bike is good. It’s tight. It feels like a brand-new bike every time you get on it, so it’s good.

Mod Killer
12/14/2010 3:48pm
good for you teamgreen. that interview still doesnt dispute what i know. you dont have to believe me, it really doesnt matter.

the question was asked about riders who need rides....and ricky d has to be at the top of the list. thats not even debatable.
TeamGreen
12/14/2010 3:57pm
Mod Killer wrote:
good for you teamgreen. that interview still doesnt dispute what i know. you dont have to believe me, it really doesnt matter. the question was asked...
good for you teamgreen. that interview still doesnt dispute what i know. you dont have to believe me, it really doesnt matter.

the question was asked about riders who need rides....and ricky d has to be at the top of the list. thats not even debatable.
I was taking exception to what Ricky rode in those Nat's, that's all.

And, furthermore, you won't get an argument outta me about "Loyalty" or the lack there-of amongst many of the Teams.

Hell, there's a whole helluva lot to talk about regarding loyalty, who went where & who played what bullshit games amongst this seasons "changes"...however...

There are too many riders that have gotten it waaaay too easy.

Sadly, Ricky is on the opposite end of that issue.

Now, about your f'ck'n football team and how badly they f'd up my pool last-week!?

Next-time I pick the Silver-n-Black I expect some damn results!

Oh, and, would you guys please get rid of that Ass-Hole...Al Davis!?

I'm jus' sayin'...
mxrider225
Fantasy
2881st
12/14/2010 4:05pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Well....here is a list i found online.....so if you don't see the rider , they may have not found a home yet. [b]San Manuel Yamaha[/b] 7...
Well....here is a list i found online.....so if you don't see the rider , they may have not found a home yet.

San Manuel Yamaha
7 James Stewart
30 Kyle Regal

Monster Energy Kawasaki
2 Ryan Villopoto
32 Jake Weimer

Rockstar/Makita Suzuki
1 Ryan Dungey
24 Brett Metcalfe

TwoTwo Motorsports
22 Chad Reed

Team Honda
33 Josh Grant
41 Trey Canard

JGRMX/Muscle Milk/Toyota
18 Davi Millsaps
23 Justin Brayton

DNA Shred Stixs/Star Racing Yamaha
25 Ryan Sipes
35 Kyle Cunningham
TBD Gareth Swanepoel
TBD Gannon Audette

GEICO Powersports Honda
14 Kevin Windham
17 Justin Barcia
19 Eli Tomac
21 Blake Wharton
31 Wil Hahn

Monster Energy/Pro Circuit Kawasaki
15 Dean Wilson
20 Broc Tickle
28 Tyla Rattray
57 Blake Baggett
100 Josh Hansen

Red Bull KTM
29 Andrew Short
125 Marvin Musquin
194 Ken Roczen
800 Mike Alessi

JDR Motorsports KTM
TBD PJ Larsen

TBD Tye Simmonds

Troy Lee Designs Honda
36 Cole Seely
58 Travis Baker
TBD Christian Craig

Rockstar Energy Drink Suzuki
23 Martin Davalos
71 Ryan Morais
77 Ian Trettel
TBD Jason Anderson

BTOSports.com/BBMX/Palmetto Suzuki
26 Michael Byrne
47 Jason Thomas

MotoConcepts Yamaha
11 Kyle Chisholm
12 Tommy Hahn
45 Vince Friese

Valli Motorsports
27 Nick Wey
74 Austin Stroupe

Dodge//Hart & Huntington Kawasaki
9 Ivan Tedesco
38 Chris Blose
75 Josh Hill

BTW , BYrne and Millsaps are both out right now with injuries.....so that opens two spots as of right now that I know of.
Millsaps is still supposed to be at A1 and Byner is supposed to be back in febuary sometime.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
12/14/2010 4:16pm
Mod Killer wrote:
good for you teamgreen. that interview still doesnt dispute what i know. you dont have to believe me, it really doesnt matter. the question was asked...

I like Ricky a lot, and I'd agree with you for outdoors. But with the impending SX season...
DanDunes818
12/14/2010 4:29pm Edited Date/Time 12/14/2010 4:30pm
Mod Killer wrote:
was top 5 i think every race he entered if not nearly every race. and he did it on a borrowed bike. let me just say...

I agree Ricky rode well as a replacement rider but I think your memory is a bit off. Rickys best overall was 5th overall at Freestone w/ 6 and 7 moto scores. He did have one (and his best) 5th place moto finish in the 1st moto at Red Bud. His overall that day was 6th . Every other overall was between 7th and 12th overall and that was in a outdoor season that was riddled with injuries that left a very thin field. He filled in great and brought a lot of exposure to team Kawi, which is what he was hired to do , but to think he's a podium threat in a deep field would be way over stated IMO.

You can see 2009 archived results here. http://209.169.8.8/pdfresults/mx/index.html
NP301
12/14/2010 5:34pm
Weston Peick needs some help!
So does Decotis, and Jason Brooks
Mod Killer
12/14/2010 5:38pm
dandunes, clearly my memory is a lil off.

i do remember the field being thin, you are correct.

that doesnt change my stance/validity that he could greatly improve on those results and be a podium threat if he got on a team that had winnable equipment and more importantly wanted to see him do well. factory kawi has the ability, but it wasnt in there best interest to do anymore than let him borrow ferrys bike.

as for the here and now, unfortunately he doesnt have a outside sponsor buying him on to a team like a lot of the re-treads. times are tough so most teams have to take the "pay-drivers" to stay afloat at this point.

come outdoors someone will need a hired gun, and they will get a bargain.

ideal situation? theres no way millsaps stays healthy (no offense but look at the track record), i would love nothing more than to see rick get his spot on JGR come outdoors and shock everyone. nobody takes better care of their employees than yamaha.
bondsmx
12/14/2010 5:53pm
rumor has it RD has inked a deal to ride outdoors for a SX/MX team....
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
12/14/2010 5:58pm
bondsmx wrote:
Sweet!
sharkey
12/14/2010 6:11pm
Mod Killer wrote:
TOMMY WEEKS - After coming back from injury, he destroyed all the other Suzuki riders at Pala last year on what was basically a stock bike...

&

yeah weecks looked really good after that big of a injury and that much time off the bike. was in 8th at washougal til he fell still finished 13th after falling back to 20th.definately top 10 material
jeffro503
12/14/2010 6:37pm
bondsmx wrote:
hey Bobby.....just wanna say , great ride at PIR up here in Portland on that pro-shootout night! You won when it counted.....always makes for a nice bonus! Hope to see you up here again for that race!

Post a reply to: Riders who need Rides

The Latest