Riders who are out injured but hammering laps on the test track

Related:
Create New Tag

4/27/2018 8:50 AM

OK, so I think we can all agree that the 2018 SX season has been exceptionally bad for injury. However I have noticed in a few cases there are riders on big teams who are back on the bike for a few weeks now, but totally skipping out on racing any SX. From what I can see on Instagram, Justin Cooper, Alex Martin and RJ Hampshire have been riding for a while now. What is the deal with some of the 250 teams totally giving their riders a free pass on SX after injury? Is it not important at all for the team/sponsors to have these guys come back and race some SX? If I was the CEO of a company sponsoring one of those teams I'd be making a few phone calls to find out why my investments are not lining up. Last week and this week, the races are on national TV FFS! Saving them for the outdoors is ridiculous, they can get hurt testing and training just as easy. Pretty sure back in the day these guys would have come back to race....and I walked to school uphill backwards in drifting snow too smile

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

4/27/2018 8:57 AM

A healthy and ready rider for outdoors is probably better than coming in to a regional sx that you have absolutely no shot a maybe a title

|

4/27/2018 9:06 AM

I don't think the decision of whether a rider returns is taken lightly. The fact that they are not coming back to SX tells me their business decision is to be fully prepared for MX. Hard to know if they are truly healthy as well.

|

4/27/2018 10:00 AM

Because, deathcross, bro

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

4/27/2018 10:16 AM

speaking of riders out injured but riding, any word on Kenny-From-The-Rock? is he riding?

|

4/27/2018 10:16 AM

Justin Cooper is riding?

get him out there, he is wrecking my vital forum fantasy teams chances!

haha

|

4/27/2018 11:55 AM

Because you don't come back to racing as soon as you start back riding. You have to get 'it' back first.

|

4/27/2018 11:55 AM

Tn_189 wrote:

A healthy and ready rider for outdoors is probably better than coming in to a regional sx that you have absolutely no shot a ...more

Alex Martin is an outside shot at the the title. RJ and Justin Cooper I would say almost no chance, if I am being honest.

Again, from a sponsor standpoint with tomorrow's race on national TV I'd like my riders on the gate. A lot more eyes will see them in Supercross than the outdoors. If Amart won a heat in SLC or landed a podium he gets way more exposure than he would for 12 rounds of MX. I know that sucks to say, but it's the truth.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

4/28/2018 1:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/28/2018 1:02 AM

@peelout

?

A post shared by Ken Roczen (@kenroczen94) on

|