Riders updating fans..

logan_140
Edited Date/Time 6/20/2015 8:11pm
I wish all were like Tony Cairoli. Cough cough RV
|
kkawboy14
6/19/2015 6:33am
Either do it or don't!

Seems dumb not to appreciate the people that appreciate you!
Olson
6/19/2015 6:39am
I think the only thing that can change this is the new generation. Maybe riders like Cianciarulo, Webb etc learns from this and adapts to the social media thing. When riders like Reed grew up the online availability wasn't around.
logan_140
6/19/2015 6:42am
kkawboy14 wrote:
Either do it or don't!

Seems dumb not to appreciate the people that appreciate you!
Exactly I mean tony tweeted a pic an hour later after crashing letting us know what's up..
nytsmaC
6/19/2015 6:54am
Maybe RV's being advised to keep quiet, for whatever reason.

The Shop

logan_140
6/19/2015 6:55am
nytsmaC wrote:
He did it when he waited to release that he wasn't riding the nationals a week before they started. But I could see KRT telling him to be quiet Til he's ready to come back.
nytsmaC
6/19/2015 7:19am
nytsmaC wrote:
logan_140 wrote:
He did it when he waited to release that he wasn't riding the nationals a week before they started. But I could see KRT telling him...
He did it when he waited to release that he wasn't riding the nationals a week before they started. But I could see KRT telling him to be quiet Til he's ready to come back.
He quite likely was being told what to say or not say back then too.

Maybe not, but it's possible that he's just following orders and catching a lot of flack over it from us.
logan_140
6/19/2015 7:21am
I think the best rider updating fans is AC, but I don't which one...
roczen is pretty good too
ML512
Fantasy
45th
6/19/2015 7:33am
There's a lot of teams that don't want their rider's announcing things before they've had some time to let everyone involved know what's going on. I remember the Kawasaki crew wasn't too pumped in 2010 when Chad Reed announced on social media that he was sick and would pull out outdoors (the team and sponsors had apparently not been informed).
6/19/2015 8:21am
ML512 wrote:
There's a lot of teams that don't want their rider's announcing things before they've had some time to let everyone involved know what's going on. I...
There's a lot of teams that don't want their rider's announcing things before they've had some time to let everyone involved know what's going on. I remember the Kawasaki crew wasn't too pumped in 2010 when Chad Reed announced on social media that he was sick and would pull out outdoors (the team and sponsors had apparently not been informed).
There's been more than enough time for everyone involved with RV to know that's he hurt his ass.
Olson
6/19/2015 8:23am
No PulpMX next week. Matthes has probably called Reedy 17 000 times already but it would be nice with a podcast with Reed if he's able to talk about anything. Get some light on this.
6/19/2015 8:31am
As much as I love the updates from riders, getting mad that a person is choosing to keep personal decisions to themselves is alittle bit of that entitlement problem we got running rampant.
logan_140
6/19/2015 9:18am
As much as I love the updates from riders, getting mad that a person is choosing to keep personal decisions to themselves is alittle bit of...
As much as I love the updates from riders, getting mad that a person is choosing to keep personal decisions to themselves is alittle bit of that entitlement problem we got running rampant.
I'm not mad. Would just like a time table on rv's return. He's been in the U.S. With Aldon for about a month now. He should be oh his way back to Europe soon it seems
6/19/2015 9:21am
As much as I love the updates from riders, getting mad that a person is choosing to keep personal decisions to themselves is alittle bit of...
Well , I would disagree with that , this is not really a personal decision at all in my opinion !

Its not like anybody is wanting to know anything about his private life AWAY from the track is it ? RV is a pro motocross rider and this is his job , and as he has many fans , its obvious they would want an update about his injury status , I don't see anything odd about that .
Brent
6/19/2015 9:45am
Well, at least Villopoto's wife isn't busy calling people "bottom feeders" on social media...

Burn those bridges, Ellie - once you use them you never need them again, right?
kkawboy14
6/19/2015 9:50am
Nobody wants to know his or Hillarys yoga schedule!

"Hey guys just to keep you in the loop, I'm still hurtin, I'm beat like a backyard dog but might be able to race in 3 weeks"

Thx for your supporting me and my sponsors RV2

Man he could probably afford to pay somebody to type that for him!
kkawboy14
6/19/2015 10:03am
Eli

"Hey.....I'm hurting but 2 more weeks I will be able to wipe my own butt, 4 weeks back on a bike! Looking forward to both because this prison guard nurse I think is using 80 grit sandpaper to clean me up and tired of these three old guys beating me in the electric wheelchair races. Dude they bust on me for losing worse than the short bus clan at vital!"

I'm out, check my sponsors
Brent
6/19/2015 10:20am
logan_140 wrote:
I'm not mad. Would just like a time table on rv's return. He's been in the U.S. With Aldon for about a month now. He should...
I'm not mad. Would just like a time table on rv's return. He's been in the U.S. With Aldon for about a month now. He should be oh his way back to Europe soon it seems
He is NOT with Aldon Baker, that was confirmed by Baker himself last week when he talked to Steve Matthes.

He is in contact by phone only, so I assume that RV is back home in Corona Del Mar.
logan_140
6/19/2015 11:58am
logan_140 wrote:
I'm not mad. Would just like a time table on rv's return. He's been in the U.S. With Aldon for about a month now. He should...
Brent wrote:
He is NOT with Aldon Baker, that was confirmed by Baker himself last week when he talked to Steve Matthes. He is in contact by phone...
He is NOT with Aldon Baker, that was confirmed by Baker himself last week when he talked to Steve Matthes.

He is in contact by phone only, so I assume that RV is back home in Corona Del Mar.
But he was with aldon right?
kkawboy14
6/20/2015 12:16pm
logan_140 wrote:
Brent wrote:
He is NOT with Aldon Baker, that was confirmed by Baker himself last week when he talked to Steve Matthes. He is in contact by phone...

logan_140 wrote:
But he was with aldon right?
Yes
Fat Fingers
6/20/2015 3:08pm
To me it's quite simple, if you are a great rider and also great at marketing yourself plus social media, you will make more money in your career than a great rider who is not good at those things.

731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
6/20/2015 4:52pm
+1
bsharkey
6/20/2015 8:11pm Edited Date/Time 6/20/2015 8:12pm
seriously guys? we saw RV today and I tell you id feel like a total ass asking him any questions like that. my buddy asked him a few questions and was happy to hear anything rv wanted to talk about.

Post a reply to: Riders updating fans..

The Latest