Riders that coulda, woulda

Related:
Create New Tag

9/11/2018 12:01 PM

The silly season threads make me think of the riders that just couldn't escape injuries.

First guy I think of, is poor Jake Weimer. That dude has been hurt every season for how long ? Heck, his last injury wasn't even his fault.

Then you think of .... Reynard, Canard, Grant, Will Hahn... who else ?

Getting close to this group is Wilson, AC92, Bogle..... I know I'm missing some names. Just sucks for those guys to be that talented and get nowhere.

|

9/11/2018 12:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/11/2018 12:03 PM

Zac Bell
Davi Millsaps

|

9/11/2018 12:07 PM

Broc hepler, Austin stroupe, Ben riddle (seems like he was hurt a good bit, could be wrong) .. you could probably argue Travis pastrana as well.

|

9/11/2018 12:43 PM

Yeah, Hepler.

|

9/11/2018 12:46 PM

ktmdan wrote:

Yeah, Hepler.

Broc Hepler is currently winning AWRCS series titles. So he's not really "coulda, woulda"... He "kinda is"

That being said, If he didn't have all those head injuries, he would have been an MX & SX champ, no doubt.

|

9/11/2018 12:48 PM

JS7, Reed, Roczen and Tomac have all lost serious time in their careers due to injury as well.

As far as the guys that didnt quite get there, and havent been mentioned, Josh Grant, CP377, Hampshire, Izzi, Trettel, Davalos

|

Washed up Canadian ex-pro couch racer. Selling bikes for a living

2003 KTM 125SX
2009 KTM 450SX
2016 YFZ450R

9/11/2018 1:20 PM

ktmdan wrote:

Yeah, Hepler.

Donovan759 wrote:

Broc Hepler is currently winning AWRCS series titles. So he's not really "coulda, woulda"... He "kinda is"

That being said, ...more

I had to google AWRCS....I had no idea what that was...he is winning that...but that's a long long long long long like really super long way off from winning SX and MX races and titles. Not really comparable

|

9/11/2018 1:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/11/2018 1:29 PM

Hepler. If he could have ridden at that level and stayed on two wheels who knows what he could have become.

|

Are you smart enough to buy a bike that costs less, weighs less, makes more horsepower per cubic centimeter, can be rebuilt for recycled aluminum can money and is giggle inducing? It is hard to believe that the American riding public flunks this test en masse. How stupid are you?

9/11/2018 1:53 PM

ktmdan wrote:

Yeah, Hepler.

Donovan759 wrote:

That being said, ...more

Kurtis158 wrote:

I had to google AWRCS....I had no idea what that was...he is winning that...but that's a long long long long long like really ...more

Thanks for the infinite wisdom, bro. After I read that, I had to feel around with my hands to make sure the top of my head wasn't blown off from all the knowledge you just imparted into my brain.

|

9/11/2018 2:48 PM

nealb129 wrote:

Broc hepler, Austin stroupe, Ben riddle (seems like he was hurt a good bit, could be wrong) .. you could probably argue Travis ...more

You're not the first guy to include Riddle in a list like this. I'm curious what you saw that made you think that? He basically raced pro for one full year with a ride, 2001. He did okay in 125 SX netting a few top 10s, but in outdoors he struggled to even score points. I never got the impression he had elite potential.

|

9/11/2018 3:34 PM

bh84 wrote:

JS7, Reed, Roczen and Tomac have all lost serious time in their careers due to injury as well.

As far as the guys that didnt ...more

Poor Ian Trettel. I had big hopes for the kid and he never even got a shot.

|

9/11/2018 4:03 PM

Ian Trettel has to be the biggest one that I can think of. Logged an impressive 5th in his first pro SX race, then suffered a career-ending head injury the next week. Who knows what could have been.

|

9/11/2018 4:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/11/2018 4:22 PM

It seemed like Sean Hamblin was always having bad luck or getting hurt

|

9/11/2018 4:23 PM

Josh Hill.
Stupid gay FMX stunts!

|

9/11/2018 4:25 PM

nealb129 wrote:

Broc hepler, Austin stroupe, Ben riddle (seems like he was hurt a good bit, could be wrong) .. you could probably argue Travis ...more

Shawn142 wrote:

You're not the first guy to include Riddle in a list like this. I'm curious what you saw that made you think that? He ...more

I thought he had an injury derail his career, but I didn't bother to go back and look it up once I made my post. So scratch him off the list

|

9/11/2018 5:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/11/2018 5:33 PM

Blake bagget

|

RV, 4 th to 8 th, mxgp

9/11/2018 5:42 PM

This guy left more on the table than anyone.
Photo

|

9/11/2018 6:10 PM

Ian trettel Justin Weeks and Jessy Nelson. Crashing sucks.

|

9/11/2018 6:11 PM

bradnelson wrote:

The silly season threads make me think of the riders that just couldn't escape injuries.

First guy I think of, is poor Jake ...more

What about you ? You reach the top 5% of your profession?

|

9/11/2018 6:20 PM

Plenty to list but in my youth Reynard and Bogard. I thought they were taking over moto world for sure when they went pro.

|

9/11/2018 6:30 PM

Jlaw.

Hate to be the guy.

|

9/11/2018 6:42 PM

Tony DiStefano, Donnie Hansen.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

9/11/2018 6:44 PM

bama205 wrote:

Jlaw.

Hate to be the guy.

What injuries did JLaw have?

|

9/11/2018 6:48 PM

bama205 wrote:

Jlaw.

Hate to be the guy.

zookrider62! wrote:

He was born with a crainial/rectal inversion...his head was in his ass. Too bad, cause he could fly.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

9/11/2018 6:51 PM

bama205 wrote:

Jlaw.

Hate to be the guy.

zookrider62! wrote:

Mental??

|

9/11/2018 6:52 PM

RonRon

|

9/11/2018 7:01 PM

ktmdan wrote:

Yeah, Hepler.

Donovan759 wrote:

That being said, ...more

First you say he's not really a "coulda, woulda".....and then your next sentence states without the injuries he would have been an MX & SX Champ.

Doesn't that mean he is in fact a "woulda?"

|

9/11/2018 8:10 PM

bama205 wrote:

Jlaw.

Hate to be the guy.

zookrider62! wrote:

plowboy wrote:

He was born with a crainial/rectal inversion...his head was in his ass. Too bad, cause he could fly.

Plowboy.
I laughed out loud when I read that.

Jlaw was FAST, but had a 10cent head.

|

9/11/2018 8:50 PM

Darrell schultz.

Limped in to win the 500 title after having his knee repaired with pig parts, but man, he would have won so much more with good knees.

Could, shoulda,

Rj with out the broken wrist could have put up some rc like numbers.

Coulda, shoulda

Windham without the broken femur...

Coulda shoulda,

Ezra lusk

Coulda shoulda

Damon bradshaw. Damn... when he was on, it was a sight to behold.

|

9/11/2018 9:19 PM

Marty Tripes. Rode for CZ, Yamaha, Husky, Can Am, Bultaco, Honda, and God knows who else in the 70's. Who knows what would have happened if he had stuck with the same manufacturer for successive years. Won the 1st Superbowl of Motocross in the LA Coliseum. Repeated the next year. Was always a contender for a championship yet never quite won one. Naturally talented but never quite got it done. Highly unappreciated talent. Was the only guy that could spank Hannah in the late 70's.

|

You kids get off my lawn!

2013 KTM450 Factory Edition
Projects......lots of projects!