Riders needed the Trey Canard double goggle setup this weekend!

Related:
Create New Tag

8/12/2018 10:03 PM

This weekend reminded me of the crazy Trey Canard double goggle set up he had several years back.
I'd think guys would maybe carry a second set...not like Trey did, maybe under their jersey or something. Save a few seconds from a full pit if need be.

Photo
Photo

|

8/12/2018 10:57 PM

Can they pull over at the mechanics area and grab new goggles rather than go in the pits ? Just wondering if there is a ruling about that.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

8/12/2018 10:58 PM

This... with some laminates. and fresh goggles underneath ready to roll!

Photo

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8/12/2018 11:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/12/2018 11:59 PM

Ferrandis did. Second moto.

Edit: Said he did it both moto's in the press conference. I saw him rip them off in the straight before the holeshot line in the second moto and it tripped me out, thinking he would have to go 30 + 2 with no goggles until I realised what was going on.

|

8/13/2018 2:48 AM

Smart idea but I feel like it would be really weird to get used to riding with a second pair

|

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

8/13/2018 3:22 AM

Crush wrote:

Photo

I actually like this option if :
- a few tear offs can be installed
- if the visor is cut enough to have google with roll offs underneath

In case of disastrous conditions, I also wonder why riders don't take a 2nd pair of googles under the jersey (with a jersey a bit cut/more open at the neck), or in a little bag enduro like with also a pair of neoprene gloves in case of a crash. Maybe a "on track" pitstop "somewhere" is not authorized and it is mandatory to go off track if they want to stop the bike for 3 seconds, not sure of the rules.

|

8/13/2018 3:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/13/2018 10:11 AM

A lot people had two pairs and tossed them after the start. I noticed someone had two google straps when the were zoomed in before the gate dropped and I payed attention to see.

|

8/13/2018 3:59 AM

EZZA 95B wrote:

Edit: Said he did it both moto's in the press conference. I saw him rip them off in the straight before the holeshot line in the second moto and it tripped me out, thinking he would have to go 30 + 2 with no goggles until I realised what was going on.

He apparently did about 5 or so laps with both pairs. Pretty gnarly.

People give Canard credit for this but I believe he learned it from Akira Narita.

|

8/13/2018 5:54 AM

for sure lots of room for improvement both in equipment and procedures here. Sure mud races dont happen all the time but when they do it could be a huge advantage. Mm could have went 1/1 if he had a better situation. Even just two pairs with tearoff on the same goggle strap the second pair sits on the back of your helmet. Just pull off and switch. Or like mentioned a quick donning bag of some kind.

|

sponsored by zip tie, JB weld and peanut butter and jelly

8/13/2018 6:15 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/13/2018 6:16 AM

resetjet wrote:

for sure lots of room for improvement both in equipment and procedures here. Sure mud races dont happen all the time but when they do it could be a huge advantage. Mm could have went 1/1 if he had a better situation. Even just two pairs with tearoff on the same goggle strap the second pair sits on the back of your helmet. Just pull off and switch. Or like mentioned a quick donning bag of some kind.

on your mm quote i don't think it would have made a difference, tomac had pitted, changed his goggles and ran down mm and passed him before mm had goggle problems and came in for his change of goggles

|

8/13/2018 7:12 AM

EZZA 95B wrote:

jorgechavez wrote:

He apparently did about 5 or so laps with both pairs. Pretty gnarly.

People give Canard credit for this but I believe he learned it from Akira Narita.

Actually this was done decades prior when goggles were smaller and I dont even think they had tear offs then.

Carrera goggles and 4 inches of suspension days.

|

My post is my opinion. If you don't agree with it, I'm OK with it.

8/13/2018 7:23 AM

I've been wearing my goggles backwards for over 3 years now

|

8/13/2018 10:08 AM

EZZA 95B wrote:

Both he and Plessinger were 200% out of the gate.

|

8/13/2018 10:53 AM

Moto96 wrote:

Actually this was done decades prior when goggles were smaller and I dont even think they had tear offs then.

Carrera goggles and 4 inches of suspension days.

Oh damn, I didn't know. Thanks for the info!

|

8/13/2018 11:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/13/2018 11:09 AM

Crush wrote:

Photo

tell us more about your new quad

|

8/13/2018 11:20 AM

resetjet wrote:

AB#81 wrote:

on your mm quote i don't think it would have made a difference, tomac had pitted, changed his goggles and ran down mm and passed him before mm had goggle problems and came in for his change of goggles

Well i think they all had vision issues all day. Maybe had marvins been better eli wouldnt have caught him. In a mud race passing for the lead without a mistake is supposed to be hard.

|

sponsored by zip tie, JB weld and peanut butter and jelly

8/14/2018 6:34 AM

Crush wrote:

Photo

peelout wrote:

tell us more about your new quad

#gromlife

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8/14/2018 7:26 AM

I reckon you’d see jack shit through two pairs of goggles and tear-offs. Better than no goggles though.

|