Riders Union #Now

2StrokenIt!
Edited Date/Time 10/30/2016 9:58am
If the AMA receives money from us riders to protect our rights to ride and receives money from the motorcycle manufacturers... Would that be a conflict of interest? Yes.

This conflict of interest allows Honda to ruler industry coincidentally they're the number one advertiser for Racer X Illustrated and those of the same people that own the AMA.

This conflict of interest guarantees all the shootouts you read are fixed. Whoever is spending the most money on advertising is the best bike. That's why the magazines never agree.

This conflict of interest created the four stroke era made this sport too expensive and have killed your sport. In hindsight it was obvious that Hondas agenda for the four stroke was more important than the people's right to have something they can work on, and cheap to maintain.

This conflict of interest has led to the most dangerous SUPERCROSS and motorcross tracks ever built.

This conflict of interest refuses to allow riders union and this is why Ryan V retired because it is too dangerous.

This conflict of interest has created a unproportional purse but does not reflect the amount of money the promoters are making.

The dream of being a #FactoryRider is the true driver for the whole sport. If parents don't think their kid is going to become a millionaire they're not gonna let her kid risk their life. This year supposedly the "Sport is healthy" and there are less rides than ever for the pros.

This conflict of interest is allowing our sport to be owned by the same people that abuse elephants and own circuses. SUPERCROSS is not a circus.

The money the AMA is illegally and on morally receiving from the manufactures should go directly to their riders union. That helps with medical expenses and the journeyman that make our sport great.

|
Ozzy
10/30/2016 8:39am Edited Date/Time 10/30/2016 8:40am
#RidersUnion

#NeverHappen
2StrokenIt!
10/30/2016 8:41am Edited Date/Time 10/30/2016 8:43am
Ozzy wrote:
#RidersUnion

#NeverHappen
#NeverSayNever. It's our sport! Take the power back! If we don't who will?

The Shop

early
Fantasy
2231st
10/30/2016 8:57am
#judgingbyyourlogicandsentencestructureidontthinkyou'recapableoforganizingakidsbirthdayparty #2strokenit!
S.Loyer
10/30/2016 9:03am Edited Date/Time 10/30/2016 9:05am
You're dreaming.
Riders don't run the sport and are replaceable. That's the big fact.

I'm not saying I wish it wouldn't happen because it would be great if it did but there is no chance in hell. It's fun to bench talk about it and wish but it won't happen, simply because it can not happen.
Huckster
10/30/2016 9:05am
S.Loyer wrote:
You're dreaming. Riders don't run the sport and are replaceable. That's the big fact. I'm not saying I wish it wouldn't happen because it would be...
You're dreaming.

I'm not saying I wish it wouldn't happen because it would be great if it did but there is no chance in hell. It's fun to bench talk about it and wish but it won't happen, simply because it can not happen.
CURT FLOOD.
tcannon521
Fantasy
1398th
10/30/2016 9:06am
Ozzy wrote:
#RidersUnion

#NeverHappen
#NeverSayNever. It's our sport! Take the power back! If we don't who will?
If there was even a chance of it being feasible I'm pretty sure Ozzy of all people would know.....
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
10/30/2016 9:07am Edited Date/Time 10/30/2016 9:08am
If the AMA receives money from us riders to protect our rights to ride and receives money from the motorcycle manufacturers... Would that be a conflict...
If the AMA receives money from us riders to protect our rights to ride and receives money from the motorcycle manufacturers... Would that be a conflict of interest? Yes.

This conflict of interest allows Honda to ruler industry coincidentally they're the number one advertiser for Racer X Illustrated and those of the same people that own the AMA.

This conflict of interest guarantees all the shootouts you read are fixed. Whoever is spending the most money on advertising is the best bike. That's why the magazines never agree.

This conflict of interest created the four stroke era made this sport too expensive and have killed your sport. In hindsight it was obvious that Hondas agenda for the four stroke was more important than the people's right to have something they can work on, and cheap to maintain.

This conflict of interest has led to the most dangerous SUPERCROSS and motorcross tracks ever built.

This conflict of interest refuses to allow riders union and this is why Ryan V retired because it is too dangerous.

This conflict of interest has created a unproportional purse but does not reflect the amount of money the promoters are making.

The dream of being a #FactoryRider is the true driver for the whole sport. If parents don't think their kid is going to become a millionaire they're not gonna let her kid risk their life. This year supposedly the "Sport is healthy" and there are less rides than ever for the pros.

This conflict of interest is allowing our sport to be owned by the same people that abuse elephants and own circuses. SUPERCROSS is not a circus.

The money the AMA is illegally and on morally receiving from the manufactures should go directly to their riders union. That helps with medical expenses and the journeyman that make our sport great.

2strokenit You sure seem to think you know everything, even though you are a complete moron.

Ozzy
10/30/2016 9:13am Edited Date/Time 10/30/2016 9:14am
Wishful thinking at Best!!
& your "Never Say Never" is frankly GranMa Talk!!.., sorry, but it is.
I've witnessed this over several generations of Riders.
In this country in SX&Moto it will never come to be.
#NEXT
hillbilly
10/30/2016 9:17am
The word " UNION" is not the word to use for starters.

NASCAR drivers have an "alliance" now that carries clout amazingly. Never thought it'd survive but they have.

Moto is a voluntary sport ,i guess they all are,but one does not have to take the risk.
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
10/30/2016 9:22am
RacerX doesn't own the AMA....

RacerX (mxsports) rents the rights for motocross from the AMA.
early
Fantasy
2231st
10/30/2016 9:26am
MxKing809 wrote:

Pretty sure ama sold motorsports rights to Daytona Motorsports Group (DMG), MXSports leases mx rights from DMG.

So thats pretty much the same thing as racerx owns ama.
10/30/2016 9:30am
Nothing's going to change. If your the top dogs making millions why would you want to change anything. More supercross and less motocross is going to be the bummer of this sport imo.
Maxjeff
Fantasy
3481st
10/30/2016 9:40am
There is no conflict of interest. The AMA is basically a lobbyist group for all kinds of motorcyclist. The four strokes were developed because of emissions concerns coming from California and federal lands. The same thing has happened in the snowmobile industry. They have to run cleaner than two strokes. The most likely reason the sport is dying is all on the local level, no places to ride and no full gates at local tracks. If the manufactures only cared about sx/mx, they would not produce dirt bikes for very long. It is why ktm has emerged in the last decade, a bike for almost everybody.
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
10/30/2016 9:54am Edited Date/Time 10/30/2016 9:55am
MxKing809 wrote:

early wrote:
Pretty sure ama sold motorsports rights to Daytona Motorsports Group (DMG), MXSports leases mx rights from DMG. So thats pretty much the same thing as racerx...
Pretty sure ama sold motorsports rights to Daytona Motorsports Group (DMG), MXSports leases mx rights from DMG.

So 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.....

MxSports (RacerX) owns nothing, and leases the rights from someone else. Either way they don't own the AMA..... how does MxSports' leasing from DMG mean they own the AMA? I missed that leap.
Matthes
10/30/2016 9:54am
Who else is not shocked he has "two stroke" in his name with thoughts like this?
early
Fantasy
2231st
10/30/2016 9:58am
MxKing809 wrote:

early wrote:
Pretty sure ama sold motorsports rights to Daytona Motorsports Group (DMG), MXSports leases mx rights from DMG. So thats pretty much the same thing as racerx...

MxKing809 wrote:
So 6 of one, half a dozen of the other..... MxSports (RacerX) owns nothing, and leases the rights from someone else. Either way they don't own...

MxSports (RacerX) owns nothing, and leases the rights from someone else. Either way they don't own the AMA..... how does MxSports' leasing from DMG mean they own the AMA? I missed that leap.
The leap is in the OPs head. I was just pointing out that there is even an extra step in the whole process.
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3719th
10/30/2016 9:59am
Funny thing is most people don't even understand unions and how the work. There is not enough riders or demand for a union in motocross. It would fail miserably. Yes I am a union member and pay into 2 unions.
2StrokenIt!
10/30/2016 9:59am
S.Loyer wrote:
You're dreaming. Riders don't run the sport and are replaceable. That's the big fact. I'm not saying I wish it wouldn't happen because it would be...
You're dreaming.

Good point.

Let's just imagine the Racers walking off the track over a safety concern. All of them. No Safety, No dough, no show!
Guess who would have a #RacersSafetyUnion the next day? When the promoters Call, text and start begging the #TopGuys to comeback then they can make concessions to fix things.

$8500.0. Per Racer Gate/Start money
(Flat fee) 2 22 man gates 450cc 250cc
Any amount of strokes

$75k 1st
$30k 2nd
$10k 3rd
$6k 4th
$5k 5th
$4k 6th
$3k 7th
$2.5k 8th
$2.25k 9th
$2k. 10th
$1.75k 11th
$1.5k 12th
$1.5k 13th
$1.5k 14th
$1.5k 15th

Ryan V is pres of #RacersUnion
Pre selected X pro Racers inspect certify and sign off on each and every track before it is raced.
2StrokenIt!
10/30/2016 10:03am
CrGuy2T wrote:
Funny thing is most people don't even understand unions and how the work. There is not enough riders or demand for a union in motocross. It...
Funny thing is most people don't even understand unions and how the work. There is not enough riders or demand for a union in motocross. It would fail miserably. Yes I am a union member and pay into 2 unions.
True but there are probably thousands of men nationwide that race dirt bikes that all could be paying members to create the power needed. why would you ever pay a nickel for an AMA membership when they're not trying to help the writer they only care about a manufacturer
2StrokenIt!
10/30/2016 10:03am
early wrote:

MxKing809 wrote:
So 6 of one, half a dozen of the other..... MxSports (RacerX) owns nothing, and leases the rights from someone else. Either way they don't own...

early wrote:
The leap is in the OPs head. I was just pointing out that there is even an extra step in the whole process.
Same thing the control it.
DC
10/30/2016 10:04am Edited Date/Time 10/30/2016 10:05am
Racer X doesn't own the AMA, and Honda is not Racer X's #1 advertiser, and Racer X doesn't do bike tests in the magazine, and MX Sports doesn't own Racer X, and...

But don't let any of those facts confuse your unique #reality

DC
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3719th
10/30/2016 10:05am
Promoters wouldn't call or beg anyone. You would just have other riders fill in for the spots. Same way it works in the working world. You wanna walk off your job you will be replaced. You think a privateer would walk away to get a chance at the night show because Dungey and Roczen decided not to race. Hell no the other guys would still race.
SCR
10/30/2016 10:06am
Your English or civics teacher will probably give you an A on this paper. It doesn't make any sense but it's a good rant against the man.

2StrokenIt!
10/30/2016 10:06am
Matthes wrote:
Who else is not shocked he has "two stroke" in his name with thoughts like this?
Ok tubby let's not poke fun I might loose a finger.

No one complains about the sport as much as you Matthes. What are the solutions? #WhatWouldMatthesDo?
2StrokenIt!
10/30/2016 10:08am
CrGuy2T wrote:
Promoters wouldn't call or beg anyone. You would just have other riders fill in for the spots. Same way it works in the working world. You...
Promoters wouldn't call or beg anyone. You would just have other riders fill in for the spots. Same way it works in the working world. You wanna walk off your job you will be replaced. You think a privateer would walk away to get a chance at the night show because Dungey and Roczen decided not to race. Hell no the other guys would still race.
What other riders could take the place of the top 22 in the world? Are you confused?
2StrokenIt!
10/30/2016 10:11am
DC wrote:
Racer X doesn't own the AMA, and Honda is not Racer X's #1 advertiser, and Racer X doesn't do bike tests in the magazine, and MX...
Racer X doesn't own the AMA, and Honda is not Racer X's #1 advertiser, and Racer X doesn't do bike tests in the magazine, and MX Sports doesn't own Racer X, and...

But don't let any of those facts confuse your unique #reality

DC
But you work for both right? It would be interesting to see how many companies pay you...

Conflict of interest, very unprofessional.
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3719th
10/30/2016 10:15am Edited Date/Time 10/30/2016 10:18am
What other riders could take the place of the top 22 in the world? Are you confused?
Not confused at all. What do you think is gonna happen if the top riders walked off the track? I'll tell you what's gonna happen they will just be back filled with other qualifiers and riders who will take less money to do the job. This is showing how ridiculous the thread of riders unions are and your lack of knowledge of what a union is or stands for. Just because there is a union does not mean everyone has to "join" it. Then how much money does it cost to join the union? How much money is the rider gonna have to share his/her earnings to the union? Half the people that attend these events don't even know the riders names. You would have to get the fans onboard as well as the are the end of the dollar paying the money to fill the stadium. #dumbgeonplease!

Post a reply to: Riders Union #Now

The Latest