Riders Getting Hurt Left n Right

Related:
Create New Tag

1/12/2018 9:27 AM

Bring back the tracks of the early 90's

|

1/12/2018 9:37 AM

moto111 wrote:

While researching a possible vintage build (2004 Honda CR250R) I found this on the TWMX website posted in September 2003
...more

I was there when Steve went down that day. I had met him and Swap earlier that day when they parked next to me at Lake Elsinore. As I was coming up behind him in a rhythm section, I watched him go down pretty hard. I stopped to check on him and it didn’t look good, so I hauled ass back to the pits to get help. He was in a lot of pain and we loaded him up for the ride to the hospital.

|

1/12/2018 9:38 AM

Deal Brothers Trailers wrote:

Its most always rider error....not the track.
The track is just sitting there.

according to Ralph the track is alive, and it's the 23rd competitor, bro

|

1/12/2018 9:40 AM

It's not so much the tracks as the riders. If you want to win you push the envelope. If the riders are close in speed, the guy who is willing to ride at 100% will win unless he crashes. So you race at 100% and there is no margin for error.

Look at some of the privateers, self owned team riders I.E. Nick Schmidt, Adam Enticknap and Ronnie Stewart. Those guys are not as fast as the top 15 guys but they spend less time in the ER too. Are they slower because they don't have the talent or are they slower because they are riding at 92%? I think half the difference is natural speed and half the difference is racing with their wallet. (No Contract, no Race win Bonuses, No Money earned sitting on the couch with a broken wrist.)

I also think part of the more injuries is better medical care. Doctors can fix more shit faster than they could in the past. When riders get broken and patched right up and are on a bike in a few weeks they don't worry so much about the injuries. Guys see a rider bust his ass and then beat them next season, they say " hell with that, if he can beat me after that injury I need to push harder, because I must be a pussy."

Just a thought

|

1/12/2018 9:50 AM

I can't believe I think like this now, but I wish my kids won't be fast enough to pursue a career in MX.

|

1/12/2018 9:59 AM

FlickitFlat wrote:

A1 was the easiest track we've had this year.

Underrated comment.

|

1/12/2018 10:14 AM

A1 was a joke IMO. More guys get hurt trying to do stuff that isn't actually there trying to find speed on a cookie cutter track like A1.

|

Race Bike: 2018 KTM 350SXF

Other Bikes: 1985 CR80R, 1990 CR250R, 1998 PW80, Yeti SB130LR.

Sold: 2016 YZ250F, 2012 CRF250R

1/12/2018 10:33 AM

peelout wrote:

according to Ralph the track is alive, and it's the 23rd competitor, bro

Also when a rider washes out, he lost the rear end.

|

1/12/2018 11:10 AM

kzizok wrote:

More injuries from A1 or practicing? A1 seemed less technical than most tracks as of late.

This

The track @ A1 was 't that bad. The majority of riders were able to get the lines & timing dialed during the 1st session. Those that got "bit" did so via mistiming a jump/combo.

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

1/12/2018 1:29 PM

mauidex wrote:

and love him or hate him truth is if JS7 was racing today, at the level he was in his prime, he would be putting together ...more

Yup JS7 is just such a stand up guy that he decided to hang up his boots to prevent his competitors from pushing themselves too hard and getting hurt.

I challenge someone to show me a more ridiculous vital post...

|

1/12/2018 1:34 PM

woody woodpecker wrote:

Yup JS7 is just such a stand up guy that he decided to hang up his boots to prevent his competitors from pushing themselves ...more

Challenge Accepted...

Scroll through some of deez

|

1/12/2018 1:38 PM

mauidex wrote:

and love him or hate him truth is if JS7 was racing today, at the level he was in his prime, he would be putting together ...more

woody woodpecker wrote:

Yup JS7 is just such a stand up guy that he decided to hang up his boots to prevent his competitors from pushing themselves ...more

not what I meant......quit because he didn't want to push it anymore you knob gobbling pecker!!!!laughing laughing

|

1/12/2018 1:40 PM

mauidex wrote:

woody woodpecker wrote:

Donovan759 wrote:

Challenge Accepted...

Scroll through some of deez

and tell me peckerhead that bubba didn't do shit no one ever thought of doing and only a few even would do!!!

|

1/12/2018 1:44 PM

mauidex wrote:

and tell me peckerhead that bubba didn't do shit no one ever thought of doing and only a few even would do!!!

I never disagreed with you, bro. Watch where you're pointing that thing.

|

1/12/2018 1:46 PM

mauidex wrote:

Regardless of what your badly worded post meant you're living about 10 years in the past

|

1/12/2018 1:48 PM

woody woodpecker wrote:

Regardless of what your badly worded post meant you're living about 10 years in the past

you dont read so well do ya??? I said IN HIS PRIME

|

1/12/2018 1:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/12/2018 1:54 PM

Donovan759 wrote:

I never disagreed with you, bro. Watch where you're pointing that thing.

sorry donovan, you got caught in the crossfire, there truly is only one peckerhead, as accurately depicted in his name, in this conversation!!laughing laughing

|

1/12/2018 2:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/12/2018 2:02 PM

mauidex wrote:

you dont read so well do ya??? I said IN HIS PRIME

I have no problem reading. You could probably work on your writing skills though, and try to catch on to the fact that JS7 can no longer push anything but his kid's pram.

|

1/12/2018 2:06 PM

woody woodpecker wrote:

I have no problem reading. You could probably work on your writing skills though, and try to catch on to the fact that JS7 can ...more

guess too hard to understand the content if you hate him so much.........never said anything at all about today, just that back in his day would be pushing the envelope and others might make mistakes and get injured trying to do his lines as well

|

1/12/2018 2:34 PM

Wow

Some folks just don't like James, I guess.

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

1/13/2018 8:30 PM

Gixxxerboy wrote:

Don’t get me wrong, I like watching these guys push the limits!!! With that being said, if these tracks keep getting more and ...more

And now Musqain!!! Lol Vegas is gunna be great!!
Whoops were a beast tonight!! I watched practice and a good bit of riders went over the bars doing the flyin W Definitely some close racing tonight

|

2/25/2018 1:39 PM

I rest my case!!!

|

2/25/2018 1:47 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

If we look back at the mid 90's to mid 2000's (part of the 2 stroke era ) the tracks were quite a bit more technical then they ...more

They should go back to 2 strokes which that won't happen or build bigger tracks like Daytona at speedways instead of Football and Baseball stadiums. Just a thought

|

"If you're not 1st your Last"

2/25/2018 1:57 PM

Everyone blames the tracks as if the riders arent controlling the bike lol. Nobody held a gun to hills head when he when he went ape shit on that rhythm section

|

2/25/2018 2:29 PM

Tracks don't hurt riders, riders hurt themselves.

|

2/25/2018 2:46 PM

They should give riders guns for protection!

|

2/25/2018 3:09 PM

It is hard to say if the injuries are track design, too much power on the 450s, too much pressure and mistakes but it sure is a bummer to have lost 7 main event guys in the span of 3 races.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

2/25/2018 4:27 PM

In the 80s there were more Honda factory riders than all those that have a factory ride today. If you are one of the few you want to keep it.

|

2/25/2018 4:59 PM

More than half of these guys are capable of winning races, and all are either out or coming back from serious injury. I'm sure I missed a few. Brutal season:

Photo

|

2/25/2018 5:25 PM

Black Diesel Bomber wrote:

More than half of these guys are capable of winning races, and all are either out or coming back from serious injury. I'm sure ...more

Vegas is gunna be great!!!! Boring!!!!

|