Riders Around Denver

Related:
Create New Tag

1/8/2019 3:48 PM

What is Lakewood MX like in the summer? I rode at Pueblo way back when and remember it as hard pack and dry. Is it any better at Lakewood? Can they can they keep up with track maintenance in the summer?

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

1/8/2019 4:21 PM

It’s great in the summer. Photo It’s been pretty good lately too. This is from a couple weeks ago

|

1/8/2019 5:28 PM

Cool, thanks. What tires do you run there?

|

1/8/2019 5:45 PM

Theres a guy who makes vlogs on youtube whos name is deeo. Thunder is his home track & rides there a lot. Looks like its pretty deeply ripped and well watered. Not hardpack.

|

1/8/2019 6:10 PM

I really like IMI too. He added a bunch of sand this past year and the place is pretty soft and gets pretty rutted. I try to avoid Watkins/jewell. Aztec in springs is good too. And Sweeney in brush is supposed to be phenomenal dirt. Haven’t been there yet, though

|

1/9/2019 4:58 AM

Thunder valley preps their track well and waters throughout the day most times, it gets fairly rutty and deep. He does mix mulch in the dirt in certain places as well but nothing crazy. IMI is also a great place to ride.

|

1/9/2019 6:47 AM

captmoto wrote:

Cool, thanks. What tires do you run there?

I use michelin starcross 5 medium.

|

1/9/2019 6:35 PM

+1 for Thunder Valley. Incredibly well prepared track and they often re-prep it around lunch time so it's good for the afternoon/after work crowd.

Cheers
Simon

|

1/13/2019 9:27 AM

+1 on Thunder and the Starcross 5 Medium. They work well at Thunder and at IMI. If anything, thunder waters too much in the summer, more likely to be muddy than hardpack. Lately the dirt has been epic, as good as I have ever seen it.
I grew up in Pueblo, never have seen that track prepped in the 30 years I lived there. I grew up thinking that was moto, then I discovered loam and real mx tracks....woohoo.

|

1/13/2019 2:54 PM

Cool, guys, thanks. Thunder Valley is what I meant to ask about.

|

1/13/2019 3:12 PM

Some guys at PMI rebuilt the track and prepped it for a weekend for an SRAC race over the summer, it was good for a day. The next weekend it was like cement.

|

1/16/2019 1:24 PM

Solidkm wrote:

I really like IMI too. He added a bunch of sand this past year and the place is pretty soft and gets pretty rutted. I try to avoid Watkins/jewell. Aztec in springs is good too. And Sweeney in brush is supposed to be phenomenal dirt. Haven’t been there yet, though

Brush is best dirt in Colorado hands down but only open prob 3 - 5 times a year it seems like. Milliken is open on weds and sundays (two rivers racing) and is a fun switch up as well spring thru fall.

|