Rider/photog down. Help and prayers needed

PC
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 2:15pm
Hello all!

I've seen the moto community come through for many fallen riders and now I'm hoping you can come through for a rider who was injured photographing an MX race.

Last Thursday night my good friend Dave Schelske was injured while standing 30ft off-track on the infield at Portland International Raceways MX track. A rider lost control of his bike and blindsided Dave from the rear, knocking him out of one shoe. He sustained a broken pelvis, a broken right arm and lacerations from the incident. He has 2 surgeries scheduled this week and then a few weeks of in-house rehabilitation before he will be wheelchair bound for months afterward.

Dave has been a professional photographer and location scout for many years based out of West Linn, OR. He has shot numerous spreads for Honda, Yamaha as well as work within other industries. Due to the extent of his injuries he is unable to continue with work as a freelance photographer and he and his wife already have medical bills from their sons brain surgery earlier this year. This has not been a kind year for the family.

We are currently taking donations as well as organizing a raffle to offset medical costs for the family. Paypal donations are being accepted at kennycarlile@gmail.com, but my real intent for this post is to make contact within the industry of people who can get me in touch with riders and/or industry folk whom can provide us with items of value for a raffle. Signed jerseys, posters, etc.... I will compensate for the cost of the item as well as shipping if requested.

Please feel free to contact me at bvaughn76@gmail.com with any questions or concerns. Thanks for reading and take care!

-Brandon

Here is a recent pic from a Yamaha shoot last June. Dave is the 3rd person on Stewarts left.

|
russerbe
8/24/2009 12:06pm
Oh man!!! I know him from one of my photography forums Dgrin.com. He goes by the username of NW Scout over there. I'll post it there as well. I just told him last week that we all hated him because of what a great photography job he had.
KMC440
8/24/2009 12:19pm
When you feel up to it Dave.... read this and get better soon ! ! !
PC
8/24/2009 12:35pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 1:44am
russerbe wrote:
Oh man!!! I know him from one of my photography forums Dgrin.com. He goes by the username of NW Scout over there. I'll post it there...
Oh man!!! I know him from one of my photography forums Dgrin.com. He goes by the username of NW Scout over there. I'll post it there as well. I just told him last week that we all hated him because of what a great photography job he had.
Sure is a small world!

He goes by NW Scout on many forums. Including our local one.

Here's a page where periodical updates will be shown:

http://www.nwdirtriders.com/...e-schelske-nw-scout/

here's a few of his sites for your viewing

http://westlinnstudios.com/home.html

http://schelskephotography.com/home.html

Thanks for the well wishes!
PC
8/24/2009 4:52pm
Bump for the late crowd.....

We have some local shops donating items as well as one suspension tuner and one motor builder offering their services for a raffle.

If you're in a position to help then please do so.

The Shop

Wolfman
8/24/2009 5:04pm
That is a sad situation. Get well soon buddy!
ronronmx
8/25/2009 10:13am
Man this sucks...I always feel pretty safe on the infield of a track, but I guess you never know when things are gonna go really wrong. I hope you get better soon buddy!
chussy
8/25/2009 10:15am
Good luck Dave from over the pond...
PC
8/26/2009 11:35am
You'd think being 30ft from the track on the infield would be a safe spot, but not in this case.

Dave said he never heard a thing.... except a track full of 450's and then impact. Watch yourselves out there folks. A full size MX'er will leave a helluva dent in you.

Back to topic....
thanks for the well wishes!

I've yet to receive any interest in raffle-able items, but I am still hopeful the right person will see this post and contact me. I am not looking for handouts and I will pay for costs of jerseys, prints, etc... as well as shipping. Please contact me at bvaughn76@gmail.com if you are willing and able to assist.

We're hoping to hold a live raffle at Portland International Raceway on September 24th for the season points awards.

thanks,
Brandon

Post a reply to: Rider/photog down. Help and prayers needed

The Latest