Related:
Create New Tag

7/25/2017 5:56 PM

Rotaholic wrote:

Sounds like RCH is done then :-(

Good chance of that.

|

7/25/2017 7:17 PM

AC to kawi as Eli's back up would be killer!!! In a perfect world I would love to see ET3, JG33 and AC46 all on the 450 next year.

BB4 says where he is, Barcia to Tedder, Tickle to JGR.

|

7/25/2017 7:56 PM

Rotaholic wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:

Good chance of that.

No factory Suzuki team then? Or JGR getting the roll? Or new Factory team all together?

|

7/25/2017 8:15 PM

Rotaholic wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:

Good chance of that.

Lunch_Box wrote:

No factory Suzuki team then? Or JGR getting the roll? Or new Factory team all together?

JGR will get the Factory Support

|

7/25/2017 9:07 PM

twotwosix wrote:

KTM would LOVE to have Webb in '19. He rides SX/MX equally well and he's still super young.

Where does Malcolm Stewart fit ...more

Motofinne wrote:

Well, his rookie season has been really bad for a guy that is supposed to be the "next guy". Riders that becomes champions and ...more

twotwosix wrote:

Respectfully, I don't agree with any of this. At all. Have you ever heard of Eli Tomac or James Stewart? They had rough rookie ...more

Bubba and Tomac both got hurt and still won races in their rookie seasons, Webb hasnt. I think Webb problem is most likely the bike. Even if its "not" the bike, he thinks it is and thats going to be a problem. And saying Webb isnt outdoor 450 podium ready? Hes gotten a oidium in a moto and wouldve been on the podium overall at southwick had he not stalled it. Webb might be inconsistent, but he should be on the podium, hes the reiging 250 outdoor champ. Id like to see Webb get out of his last year at yamaha and go to KTM.

|

7/25/2017 9:32 PM

Huss241 wrote:

With the 2017 "season" (meaning sx and mx) winding down and a few specialty off races left. Where does this put some of the ...more

tcallahan707 wrote:

I'm confused on the "regain some respect after RC left" comment.

I know eh? Dudes been done for 10 years. Didn't this guy named Dungey & Roczen both bring titles to Suzuki?

|

7/25/2017 9:42 PM

Falcon wrote:

Is Osborne contracted through 2018? I'd assume he would be a big part of this conversation if not.

I think I heard he was going to defend his 250f title. Dudes like what 27? He should get on a 450 & see how he does.

|

7/25/2017 9:49 PM

51xc wrote:

is gajser coming to the US still a thing? because I don't really see where seely would fit in there if it happens.

barcia ...more

jorgechavez wrote:

I don't think Gajser will be in the US next year

I can't see him coming over & getting a factory ride on a 450, with zero SX experience. No way is he going to beat Cole on an SX track.

|

7/25/2017 9:51 PM

Jrewing wrote:

Ferris will be somewhere.

Barcia on a 350 in his current form would battle for wins outdoors and in. Probably wouldn't run ...more

Sorry but no way is Barcia going to beat a healthy ET3 or KR94.

|

7/25/2017 10:00 PM

If Mookie just gave it 110%, he'd be a top 5 guy. He had the speed this year, but it shows he isn't in shape.

|

7/26/2017 2:29 AM

51xc wrote:

is gajser coming to the US still a thing? because I don't really see where seely would fit in there if it happens.

barcia ...more

jorgechavez wrote:

cali11 wrote:

I can't see him coming over & getting a factory ride on a 450, with zero SX experience. No way is he going to beat Cole on ...more

he is employed by HRC, if they wanted him in the US racing SX then he would get a factory US Honda SX bike

|

Current rides: 2022 CRF450RWE
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF 1987 CR250RH
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1100L

7/26/2017 4:16 AM

Rotaholic wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:

Good chance of that.

Lunch_Box wrote:

JGR will be their team. They will run the 450 team out of their shop while the 250s will be out of the Yosh shop with JGR riders.

|

7/26/2017 5:19 AM

The 2018 intro taking place at JGR seems to be an indication of where Suzuki is headed.

|

7/26/2017 5:29 AM

Huss241 wrote:

With the 2017 "season" (meaning sx and mx) winding down and a few specialty off races left. Where does this put some of the ...more

tcallahan707 wrote:

cali11 wrote:

I know eh? Dudes been done for 10 years. Didn't this guy named Dungey & Roczen both bring titles to Suzuki?

And Reed. At one point around 2010 it was rumored that Suzuki's championship and race win bonuses were bankrupting the racing side of the business.

|

7/26/2017 7:16 AM

jorgechavez wrote:

cali11 wrote:

I can't see him coming over & getting a factory ride on a 450, with zero SX experience. No way is he going to beat Cole on ...more

kiwifan wrote:

he is employed by HRC, if they wanted him in the US racing SX then he would get a factory US Honda SX bike

Yes this is true, but maybe he'd have to ride a 250f for SX. Then ride the 450f MX?

|

7/26/2017 7:17 AM

tcallahan707 wrote:

cali11 wrote:

JB 19 wrote:

And Reed. At one point around 2010 it was rumored that Suzuki's championship and race win bonuses were bankrupting the racing ...more

That's right!, I forgot about Reeds MX title.

|

7/26/2017 10:04 AM

BobPA wrote:

If I were a 450 team I would want Plessinger

Imo Osborne would be the Best choice
If he is moving up

|

7/26/2017 10:15 AM

system wrote:

So basically, we're back to no one wants to ride the Yamaha 450...

kiwifan wrote:

I dont think anyone is implying that, people will ride the Yamaha if choosen/asked/contracted to be on the factory team, I ...more

As a last option... yes

|

7/26/2017 10:18 AM

Rotaholic wrote:

Why would you think that?

|

7/26/2017 10:22 AM

BobPA wrote:

If I were a 450 team I would want Plessinger

Tarz483 wrote:

Imo Osborne would be the Best choice
If he is moving up

But he's not.

|

7/26/2017 1:44 PM

Roger said he wants a 2 man team at KTM this year, and as someone showed earlier, Matthes tweeted that Tickle is the most likely choice to go to KTM - I'm betting it'll be a 1 year contract since he's relatively old and KTM will want the wallet ready for 2018 when a lot of contracts open up.

Cianciarulo isn't ready for a 450. Though he had a growth spurt, he's still lanky and not yet strong enough, IMO.
Plessinger to just about any 450 would be great to see.

Webb has struggled on the '17 YZ450 and I think it has most to do with his confidence in the bike, despite how good or bad it may be. Imagine having Chad Reed, one of the pickiest-outspoken-pessimistic-blameful riders as your mentor and teammate? Webb can't help but begin to believe it's all the bikes fault and thus ride poorly.

Mookie is going fishing, not racing.

Justin Hill has completely flopped this outdoors season, so I genuinely think he's going to suffer when it comes time for new contracts. A 250 championship in SX is great, but the value isn't there year round if you ask me.

I'd like to see Forkner brought to KTM ASAP.

|

7/26/2017 2:31 PM

AP23 on a factory yamaha 450 is a no brainer to me. Get the dude signed up before he gets another offer in 2019.

|

7/26/2017 2:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/26/2017 2:42 PM

dboivin wrote:

i think forkner fits decosters ideal rider/personality. wonder how long forkner is under contract with mitch?

Hmm, interesting.. I'd throw a tiger at it. cool

|

7/26/2017 3:29 PM

Interviewed Zach last weekend and he let me in on his future plans, he's 250SX and 450MX next year and full time 450 in 2019 with Rockstar Husky.

http://www.motoxaddicts.com/2017/07/24/inside-story-zach-osborne-interview-sping_creek_2017/

|

7/26/2017 8:23 PM

cali11 wrote:

kiwifan wrote:

cali11 wrote:

Yes this is true, but maybe he'd have to ride a 250f for SX. Then ride the 450f MX?

I highly doubt he would go back to a 250, he is well established on the 450 and he rides a SX track for practice....

|

Current rides: 2022 CRF450RWE
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF 1987 CR250RH
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1100L

7/26/2017 10:30 PM

kiwifan wrote:

I highly doubt he would go back to a 250, he is well established on the 450 and he rides a SX track for practice....

There is a rule that MXGP world champions can't race 250SX, but I'm sure Feld/AMA would fold that given any pressure.

I think there was a real plan to get Gasjer to the states, but his 2017 results and injuries backburnered it.

|