Rider changes for 2018 Teams?

BigDaddyG
7/25/2017 7:17pm
AC to kawi as Eli's back up would be killer!!! In a perfect world I would love to see ET3, JG33 and AC46 all on the 450 next year.

BB4 says where he is, Barcia to Tedder, Tickle to JGR.
Lunch_Box
7/25/2017 7:56pm
Rotaholic wrote:
Sounds like RCH is done then :-(
UpTiTe wrote:
Good chance of that.
No factory Suzuki team then? Or JGR getting the roll? Or new Factory team all together?
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
7/25/2017 8:15pm
Rotaholic wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:
Good chance of that.
Lunch_Box wrote:
No factory Suzuki team then? Or JGR getting the roll? Or new Factory team all together?
JGR will get the Factory Support
mxjon454
7/25/2017 9:07pm
Motofinne wrote:
Well, his rookie season has been really bad for a guy that is supposed to be the "next guy". Riders that becomes champions and generational champions...
Well, his rookie season has been really bad for a guy that is supposed to be the "next guy". Riders that becomes champions and generational champions does not go through a season in this kind of mediocre manner.

The asterisk for him is the bike. He will be fine if it's only the YZF 450 that holds him back but he is in trouble if it is the 450 in general.

It will be interesting to watch him ride the 18. Tonus looked good on it in Loket on Sunday.
twotwosix wrote:
Respectfully, I don't agree with any of this. At all. Have you ever heard of Eli Tomac or James Stewart? They had rough rookie 450 seasons...
Respectfully, I don't agree with any of this. At all. Have you ever heard of Eli Tomac or James Stewart? They had rough rookie 450 seasons.

The bike is not Cooper's problem. Cooper is not 450 Outdoor podium ready. Period.
Bubba and Tomac both got hurt and still won races in their rookie seasons, Webb hasnt. I think Webb problem is most likely the bike. Even if its "not" the bike, he thinks it is and thats going to be a problem. And saying Webb isnt outdoor 450 podium ready? Hes gotten a oidium in a moto and wouldve been on the podium overall at southwick had he not stalled it. Webb might be inconsistent, but he should be on the podium, hes the reiging 250 outdoor champ. Id like to see Webb get out of his last year at yamaha and go to KTM.

The Shop

cali11
7/25/2017 9:32pm
Huss241 wrote:
With the 2017 "season" (meaning sx and mx) winding down and a few specialty off races left. Where does this put some of the teams in...
With the 2017 "season" (meaning sx and mx) winding down and a few specialty off races left. Where does this put some of the teams in 2018 in terms of riders?

KTM started this year with RD5, MM25, & TC41, two out of the three have now retired and in theory has two openings, if they choose to fill both spots again.

Yamaha started the year with CR22 and CW2, but down to one for outdoors and nothing signed for the second spot at the moment I believe.

Honda's shining star is attempting what would be one hell of a comeback but does Honda add another one to the team for insurance if KR94 is not able to make it to the gate for A1?

RMATV - Butler Brothers has a hot commodity in BB4 and I would imagine there has to be some pressure from KTM for BB4 to take one of the retired bikes.

Kawi - They have to be content on where they stand right now with the Eli-te (Elite) of the sport at the moment and hang on to a lower tier guy to put a second bike on the track.

Suzuki has a sharp looking bike coming out but needs someone at the top to throw a leg over it if they want to regain some respect after RC left.

I would love to hear your thoughts or some silly season rumors as we start to speculate the hot seats in 2018.
I'm confused on the "regain some respect after RC left" comment.
I know eh? Dudes been done for 10 years. Didn't this guy named Dungey & Roczen both bring titles to Suzuki?
cali11
7/25/2017 9:42pm
Falcon wrote:
Is Osborne contracted through 2018? I'd assume he would be a big part of this conversation if not.
I think I heard he was going to defend his 250f title. Dudes like what 27? He should get on a 450 & see how he does.
cali11
7/25/2017 9:49pm
51xc wrote:
is gajser coming to the US still a thing? because I don't really see where seely would fit in there if it happens. barcia will stay...
is gajser coming to the US still a thing? because I don't really see where seely would fit in there if it happens.

barcia will stay at jgr I think. he got engaged with his girl, so I guess he will bring her over then.

ktm, well they should go very cheap for '18 so they throw all their cash at webb in '19. I'd like to see bloss at the factory team and training with marvin, anderson and co.

also, please, please someone give fast freddy noren a good ride! the guy kills it year after year outdoors out of a bloody van.
I don't think Gajser will be in the US next year
I can't see him coming over & getting a factory ride on a 450, with zero SX experience. No way is he going to beat Cole on an SX track.
cali11
7/25/2017 9:51pm
Jrewing wrote:
Ferris will be somewhere.

Barcia on a 350 in his current form would battle for wins outdoors and in. Probably wouldn't run out of fuel either
Sorry but no way is Barcia going to beat a healthy ET3 or KR94.
cali11
7/25/2017 10:00pm
If Mookie just gave it 110%, he'd be a top 5 guy. He had the speed this year, but it shows he isn't in shape.
kiwifan
7/26/2017 2:29am
51xc wrote:
is gajser coming to the US still a thing? because I don't really see where seely would fit in there if it happens. barcia will stay...
is gajser coming to the US still a thing? because I don't really see where seely would fit in there if it happens.

barcia will stay at jgr I think. he got engaged with his girl, so I guess he will bring her over then.

ktm, well they should go very cheap for '18 so they throw all their cash at webb in '19. I'd like to see bloss at the factory team and training with marvin, anderson and co.

also, please, please someone give fast freddy noren a good ride! the guy kills it year after year outdoors out of a bloody van.
cali11 wrote:
I can't see him coming over & getting a factory ride on a 450, with zero SX experience. No way is he going to beat Cole...
I can't see him coming over & getting a factory ride on a 450, with zero SX experience. No way is he going to beat Cole on an SX track.
he is employed by HRC, if they wanted him in the US racing SX then he would get a factory US Honda SX bike
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
7/26/2017 4:16am
Rotaholic wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:
Good chance of that.
Lunch_Box wrote:
JGR will be their team. They will run the 450 team out of their shop while the 250s will be out of the Yosh shop with JGR riders.
PRM31
7/26/2017 5:19am
The 2018 intro taking place at JGR seems to be an indication of where Suzuki is headed.
JB 19
7/26/2017 5:29am
Huss241 wrote:
With the 2017 "season" (meaning sx and mx) winding down and a few specialty off races left. Where does this put some of the teams in...
With the 2017 "season" (meaning sx and mx) winding down and a few specialty off races left. Where does this put some of the teams in 2018 in terms of riders?

KTM started this year with RD5, MM25, & TC41, two out of the three have now retired and in theory has two openings, if they choose to fill both spots again.

Yamaha started the year with CR22 and CW2, but down to one for outdoors and nothing signed for the second spot at the moment I believe.

Honda's shining star is attempting what would be one hell of a comeback but does Honda add another one to the team for insurance if KR94 is not able to make it to the gate for A1?

RMATV - Butler Brothers has a hot commodity in BB4 and I would imagine there has to be some pressure from KTM for BB4 to take one of the retired bikes.

Kawi - They have to be content on where they stand right now with the Eli-te (Elite) of the sport at the moment and hang on to a lower tier guy to put a second bike on the track.

Suzuki has a sharp looking bike coming out but needs someone at the top to throw a leg over it if they want to regain some respect after RC left.

I would love to hear your thoughts or some silly season rumors as we start to speculate the hot seats in 2018.
cali11 wrote:
I know eh? Dudes been done for 10 years. Didn't this guy named Dungey & Roczen both bring titles to Suzuki?
And Reed. At one point around 2010 it was rumored that Suzuki's championship and race win bonuses were bankrupting the racing side of the business.
cali11
7/26/2017 7:16am
cali11 wrote:
I can't see him coming over & getting a factory ride on a 450, with zero SX experience. No way is he going to beat Cole...
kiwifan wrote:
he is employed by HRC, if they wanted him in the US racing SX then he would get a factory US Honda SX bike
Yes this is true, but maybe he'd have to ride a 250f for SX. Then ride the 450f MX?
cali11
7/26/2017 7:17am
cali11 wrote:
JB 19 wrote:
And Reed. At one point around 2010 it was rumored that Suzuki's championship and race win bonuses were bankrupting the racing side of the business.
That's right!, I forgot about Reeds MX title.
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
7/26/2017 10:04am
BobPA wrote:
If I were a 450 team I would want Plessinger
Imo Osborne would be the Best choice
If he is moving up
oshow
7/26/2017 10:15am
system wrote:
So basically, we're back to no one wants to ride the Yamaha 450...
kiwifan wrote:
I dont think anyone is implying that, people will ride the Yamaha if choosen/asked/contracted to be on the factory team, I think its that simple.
As a last option... yes
oshow
7/26/2017 10:18am
Rotaholic wrote:
Why would you think that?
oshow
7/26/2017 10:22am
BobPA wrote:
If I were a 450 team I would want Plessinger
Tarz483 wrote:
Imo Osborne would be the Best choice
If he is moving up
But he's not.
Kanewel433
7/26/2017 1:44pm
Roger said he wants a 2 man team at KTM this year, and as someone showed earlier, Matthes tweeted that Tickle is the most likely choice to go to KTM - I'm betting it'll be a 1 year contract since he's relatively old and KTM will want the wallet ready for 2018 when a lot of contracts open up.

Cianciarulo isn't ready for a 450. Though he had a growth spurt, he's still lanky and not yet strong enough, IMO.
Plessinger to just about any 450 would be great to see.

Webb has struggled on the '17 YZ450 and I think it has most to do with his confidence in the bike, despite how good or bad it may be. Imagine having Chad Reed, one of the pickiest-outspoken-pessimistic-blameful riders as your mentor and teammate? Webb can't help but begin to believe it's all the bikes fault and thus ride poorly.

Mookie is going fishing, not racing.

Justin Hill has completely flopped this outdoors season, so I genuinely think he's going to suffer when it comes time for new contracts. A 250 championship in SX is great, but the value isn't there year round if you ask me.

I'd like to see Forkner brought to KTM ASAP.
mb60
7/26/2017 2:31pm
AP23 on a factory yamaha 450 is a no brainer to me. Get the dude signed up before he gets another offer in 2019.
Jay Cee
7/26/2017 2:41pm Edited Date/Time 7/26/2017 2:42pm
dboivin wrote:
i think forkner fits decosters ideal rider/personality. wonder how long forkner is under contract with mitch?
Hmm, interesting.. I'd throw a tiger at it. Cool
kiwifan
7/26/2017 8:23pm
cali11 wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
cali11 wrote:
Yes this is true, but maybe he'd have to ride a 250f for SX. Then ride the 450f MX?
I highly doubt he would go back to a 250, he is well established on the 450 and he rides a SX track for practice....
Adam43
7/26/2017 10:30pm
kiwifan wrote:
I highly doubt he would go back to a 250, he is well established on the 450 and he rides a SX track for practice....
There is a rule that MXGP world champions can't race 250SX, but I'm sure Feld/AMA would fold that given any pressure.

I think there was a real plan to get Gasjer to the states, but his 2017 results and injuries backburnered it.

Post a reply to: Rider changes for 2018 Teams?

The Latest