Rider Down! Big Maico in hospital

bigmaico
7/7/2018 11:35am
Guy’s,

Made it home today, it going to be rough for a few days until some of the things I need to get around show up.

Once I get a wheel chair & the walker with the arm brace, it’s on baby full force ahead to recovery.

Once again I cannot thank y’all enough for praying for me, It helped me get through the tough times,

Respectfully

Howard
bigmaico
8/7/2018 7:50am
Just a quick update.

Went to see the Orthopedic surgeon last Tuesday, he said that everything looks to be on track, But I still have 5 more weeks until I can put ant weight on my Left ankle.

I see the hand surgeon next week & I will find out the prognosis then.

Physical therapy & Occupational therpy come to the house, both are saying that I’m improving.

Thanks for the mental support & well wishes!
500 Mike
8/7/2018 7:56am
Glad to hear the good news! Thanks for updating us. All the best in your continued recovery.

The Shop

Graybeard
Fantasy
2206th
8/7/2018 1:57pm Edited Date/Time 8/7/2018 1:57pm
Continue to be strong, Big M!
dimetime
8/7/2018 2:01pm
Excellent news!

Been wondering how you're doing.
stillwelding
8/7/2018 4:33pm
bigmaico wrote:
Just a quick update. Went to see the Orthopedic surgeon last Tuesday, he said that everything looks to be on track, But I still have 5...
Just a quick update.

Went to see the Orthopedic surgeon last Tuesday, he said that everything looks to be on track, But I still have 5 more weeks until I can put ant weight on my Left ankle.

Physical therapy & Occupational therpy come to the house, both are saying that I’m improving.

All great news!
plowboy
8/7/2018 4:39pm
bigmaico wrote:
Just a quick update. Went to see the Orthopedic surgeon last Tuesday, he said that everything looks to be on track, But I still have 5...
Just a quick update.

All great news!
It's a hard row you're hoeing bigM. Stay strong, keep your chin up off your chest, you can get through this. Remember, what doesn't kill you...costs a fortune and pisses you off.Woohoo
bigmaico
8/31/2018 6:28am
Update #2

Well gang,

Just a quick update, I went to my neurosurgeon yesterday, as I couldn't ever get in touch with the one from the Hospital that told me that I had rebroken my back.

I took the CAT scan from my accident & my neurosurgeon said that I could ditch the back brace because it didn't look broken to him, as the Hospital was miss interpreting the old fractures or they were playing it safe.

Also saw the hand surgeon & I had all the restrictions removed, hand is still very weak.

I have an appointment with the surgeon about my ankle in 2 weeks & should be able to start putting weight on it, I might also be able to start driving again!
8/31/2018 7:59am
“Life isn’t fair.”
My mother. I heard it more than a few times when I was young.

“If you’re going through hell keep going.”
“Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.”
Winston Churchill

These quotes from Churchill and my mother always keep me grounded, bring me comfort and help me to persevere when the hammer drops. To a speedy recovery Sir!

kkawboy14
8/31/2018 8:02am
bigmaico wrote:
Update #2 Well gang, Just a quick update, I went to my neurosurgeon yesterday, as I couldn't ever get in touch with the one from the...
Update #2

Well gang,

Just a quick update, I went to my neurosurgeon yesterday, as I couldn't ever get in touch with the one from the Hospital that told me that I had rebroken my back.

I took the CAT scan from my accident & my neurosurgeon said that I could ditch the back brace because it didn't look broken to him, as the Hospital was miss interpreting the old fractures or they were playing it safe.

Also saw the hand surgeon & I had all the restrictions removed, hand is still very weak.

I have an appointment with the surgeon about my ankle in 2 weeks & should be able to start putting weight on it, I might also be able to start driving again!
Nice progress!
500 Mike
8/31/2018 7:51pm
Great news! Stay strong and keep after the rehab. It’s got to be tough but it will be worth it in the long run.
JAFO92
8/31/2018 9:15pm
Thanks for the update Howard, glad things are progressing, you are a tough mofo.
KDXGarage
9/1/2018 7:20am
Keep on keeping on! That is good news on the continuing recovery.

Post a reply to: Rider Down! Big Maico in hospital

The Latest