Rider Adjustable Suspension ?

fox1nz
Edited Date/Time 3/23/2018 8:49am
Just wondering how this would go in Moto? My MTB has two setting both front and rear, I use the harder setting when nailing the G-Outs, works well. The Road bike has Rider Adjustable setting on the fly.
How do you think Rider Adjustable Comp, Rebound would work for a Pro like ET3. Flick of a switch and goes from hard to hardest???

|
make1go
3/23/2018 12:38am Edited Date/Time 3/23/2018 12:40am
switching on a mtb doing 6kmh up a hill is easy, switching anything on the fly on a dirtbike is harder, for eg tearoffs are pulled in the air when the situation is calm so to speak and getting it wrong could be real bad...i have a mtb with a dropper and switch outs and a on the fly adj steering damper on my dirtbike.
3/23/2018 12:54am
I cant think of many track situations you want a switch. Maybe for the woops??
fox1nz
3/23/2018 1:08am Edited Date/Time 3/23/2018 1:09am
dirtwalker wrote:
I cant think of many track situations you want a switch. Maybe for the woops??
Thats what I was thinking, But if you knew there was a section of the track coming up that required a different setup to the rest of the track, and you could just push a electronic button to set the bike up for that section, would this not be a 10th of a second here every lap?
Would be cool to get a Pro Riders point of view on this?

aees
3/23/2018 1:52am
Panic button, to stiffen suspension up when trying a new section or when you know you are coming up short or over jumping.

Gaiser would have loved one.

The Shop

fox1nz
3/23/2018 2:28am
aees wrote:
Panic button, to stiffen suspension up when trying a new section or when you know you are coming up short or over jumping. Gaiser would have...
Panic button, to stiffen suspension up when trying a new section or when you know you are coming up short or over jumping.

Gaiser would have loved one.
Yea Panic Button, Thats the one!
Crush
3/23/2018 3:46am
Ping has done a few tests for RacerX now where there is on the fly adjustability for valving... no panic button obviously but i'd imagine that allows for a ridiculous range of adjustability.

Markee
Fantasy
1941st
3/23/2018 5:35am
Crush wrote:
Ping has done a few tests for RacerX now where there is on the fly adjustability for valving... no panic button obviously but i'd imagine that...
Ping has done a few tests for RacerX now where there is on the fly adjustability for valving... no panic button obviously but i'd imagine that allows for a ridiculous range of adjustability.

On the fly valving from Kreft? That what you are referring to? If so the on the fly part was track side not riding unless something has changed.

Controlling flow rates with electricity in hydraulics can get very complicated quickly. Especially when minute changes need to happen with great accuracy.

I think in moto the easiest way to electronically control the mechanical controls in place on the suspension. So basically a device to rotate clickers X amount when a button is pushed.

Curious what that Ducati is using, any info?
Xeno
3/23/2018 8:48am
Electronically controlled suspension is not allowed in AMA pro racing. Not sure about FIM motocross, but I don’t think they allow it, either.
The technology exists because it’s used on road racing bikes.

Post a reply to: Rider Adjustable Suspension ?

The Latest