Ride in east Tennessee

Dustbo
Edited Date/Time 7/16/2022 6:45pm
Does anyone ride near Morristown Tennessee. Is there any practice around.
|
6/23/2022 8:25pm
Dustbo wrote:
Does anyone ride near Morristown Tennessee. Is there any practice around.
Hey man, just moved few months ago from LA to Nashville, TN there are few good tracks around

Hidden Mx
Franklin, Kentucky

Back 40 mx
John Vick road
Bradford, TN

Fast Farms mx

Valentine Valley mx
Dustbo
6/24/2022 3:54pm
The only tracks that I know of within 50 miles is I-81, mx barn and wwmx. Does anyone live in my area?
rucka356
6/24/2022 4:26pm
I'm in Knoxville and headed to Wmmx tomorrow morning.

The Shop

mx317
6/24/2022 5:25pm
Muddy Creek isn’t so far from you.
Dustbo
6/24/2022 6:29pm
Thanks for the replys.
wwoberg
6/26/2022 12:21pm
Are you mx only? The tracks are somewhat limited in your 1 hr area. But lots in GA and AL. There are also plenty of trails
Dustbo
6/26/2022 12:33pm
Pretty much. I haven't did alot of trail riding on bikes. We used to do alot of trail riding on four-wheelers up at windrock.
AHarmon237
6/26/2022 2:13pm
I’m in Chattanooga and looking for some good mx tracks without driving 2+ hours too!
6/26/2022 2:52pm
I’m in Nashville. Any recommendations will be much appreciated. Thanks guys
wwoberg
6/26/2022 6:17pm
There was a post on here 6 months or so ago from a guy who moved to Chattanooga (where I'm from). I'm too lazy ti type it all again, but there was a good listing in that thread
wwoberg
6/26/2022 6:20pm
I’m in Nashville. Any recommendations will be much appreciated. Thanks guys
Fast farms and theres a track south of you on 65. Go into AL and you got Sand Mtn, McClarty, Mill Creek, and Monster
FeetUp
6/26/2022 8:32pm
My daughter moved to Knoxville last year and I've already been out to see her a couple times. Next time out I would like to check out the Moto scene (if there is one)?
6/26/2022 8:34pm
FeetUp wrote:
My daughter moved to Knoxville last year and I've already been out to see her a couple times. Next time out I would like to check...
My daughter moved to Knoxville last year and I've already been out to see her a couple times. Next time out I would like to check out the Moto scene (if there is one)?
Any private tracks out there ? C’mon Tennessee
porkrib326
6/26/2022 10:16pm
I lived in Jonesborough, Tennessee for four years up until a year ago.

Muddy Creek every chance you get
I-81 on a race day usually isn’t bad.
WMMX is the bee’s knees for a practice track
Look up Farm MX on Facebook. It’s a private track in Gray that’s sometimes open to the public.
Send-It MX in Abingdon, Virginia
Over the mountains in NC you’ve got 221 MX, Cathey’s Creek, and Moto 40. Little further south into SC Travelers Rest and a couple more tracks that Jessica Patterson and her husband have.
If you don’t already, follow MX Sports. They have races going on all year (they own Muddy Creek) and have a winter indoor series that has rounds in Asheville and I believe in Morristown, TN as well.
JustMX
6/27/2022 6:17am
Victory sports is the promoter of muddy creek, indoor series and other events mentioned in the previous post, not mx sports
7/15/2022 6:24pm
So bumping this back to the top. I just bought a ton of land between Cookeville and Monterey right on the side of I-40. I had planned to build a track on the property for my own personal use but the last week or so I have been thinking about opening it to the public. How much interest would there be to have a track that is open for say a Thursday afternoon/night practice and a day on the weekend as well. Looks like I would need to average about 100 riders a week to make it financially feasable.
7/15/2022 6:33pm
kaboom645 wrote:
So bumping this back to the top. I just bought a ton of land between Cookeville and Monterey right on the side of I-40. I had...
So bumping this back to the top. I just bought a ton of land between Cookeville and Monterey right on the side of I-40. I had planned to build a track on the property for my own personal use but the last week or so I have been thinking about opening it to the public. How much interest would there be to have a track that is open for say a Thursday afternoon/night practice and a day on the weekend as well. Looks like I would need to average about 100 riders a week to make it financially feasable.
Man this would be fantastic! I’m In Nashville and ride 3/4 days a month. Please keep us posted. Thanks
LOOnatic
7/15/2022 7:03pm
kaboom645 wrote:
So bumping this back to the top. I just bought a ton of land between Cookeville and Monterey right on the side of I-40. I had...
I'm in Cookeville. Hard to say if you can get 100 riders a week but I'm all for what you're trying to do.
Where is your property ?
7/15/2022 8:05pm
kaboom645 wrote:
LOOnatic wrote:
I'm in Cookeville. Hard to say if you can get 100 riders a week but I'm all for what you're trying to do. Where is your...
I'm in Cookeville. Hard to say if you can get 100 riders a week but I'm all for what you're trying to do.
Where is your property ?
Its off Rocky Point road. We are moving my welding/fabrication/cnc machine shop business there and adding cerakote/powdercoating as well.
Dustbo
7/15/2022 8:25pm
Have you built the track yet. What kind of work do you do? I use cnc lathes and 5 axis grinders.
wwoberg
7/15/2022 8:28pm
kaboom645 wrote:
LOOnatic wrote:
I'm in Cookeville. Hard to say if you can get 100 riders a week but I'm all for what you're trying to do. Where is your...
Where is your property ?
kaboom645 wrote:
Its off Rocky Point road. We are moving my welding/fabrication/cnc machine shop business there and adding cerakote/powdercoating as well.
There is a track near there, right off 40. Use to be called Silver something. Donething else before that. Both didn't make it. Not to be a Debbie downer, just giving you info.

Track is still there
Sprew
7/15/2022 8:28pm
Found myself in Cookeville a couple weeks ago. Some of the best Q on my 2 week trip. Blue Pig I think. Another place a couple doors down was hopping. Didn’t get to check out Cream City.
Cheers.

rucka356
7/15/2022 8:53pm
Moto scene in TN not that great compared to what it used to be. I live in west Knoxville and used to have 4-5 tracks within an hour of my house. Now it's like 1 or 2 and no set schedule to know when they are going to open. R3 in Jamestown is good and so is WMMX. One of the best tracks in the area is Thunder Valley and they are right there near Monterey, but never open unless its for a Victory Sports race. It's really quite disappointing....
7/16/2022 6:44pm Edited Date/Time 7/16/2022 6:47pm
Dustbo wrote:
Have you built the track yet. What kind of work do you do? I use cnc lathes and 5 axis grinders.
I havent started anything yet. We hopefully break ground for my shop in Sept, and the track will follow this winter hopefully. We manufacture parts for jeeps and offroad buggies. We are a small shop but have a Haas VF3, Daewoo 230MS, bend tech dragon, and an Adira 230 ton 6 axis break. www.facebook.com/645fabworx/

Luckily this will just be a side gig as my primary income comes from the shop and a RN a few days a week
Roostermx58
7/19/2022 7:27am
Obviously not a ride, but something to do in Nashville if you are around 8/11 weekend.

Post a reply to: Ride in east Tennessee

The Latest