Ricky on a Triumph??

Related:
Create New Tag

7/30/2020 8:37 PM

Just noticed RC is posting photos of him on a Tiger and tagging Triumph in his posts. What’s up with him and suzuki? I could understand if it was a side by side or something that Suzuki doesn’t make but they have an adventure bike.

Photo

|

7/30/2020 8:40 PM

Spooner wrote:

Just noticed RC is posting photos of him on a Tiger and tagging Triumph in his posts. What’s up with him and suzuki? I could understand if it was a side by side or something that Suzuki doesn’t make but they have an adventure bike.

Photo

I think his Suzuki relationship may finally be over from something I heard and saw the other day.

|

7/30/2020 8:47 PM

ML512 wrote:

I think his Suzuki relationship may finally be over from something I heard and saw the other day.

I pretty much assumed that as soon as I saw the IG post. No way he would tag Triumph or be pictured on one if he was still affiliated. That is a huge shot across the bow.

In following recent Brand Ambassador positions like MC and RV I fully expect to see RC riding a Gas Gas during opening ceremonies.

|

7/30/2020 8:56 PM

Spooner wrote:

Photo

ML512 wrote:

Where do you see him landing as an ambassador? With MC at Kawi i don't see him returning there, could he return back to honda? or be on a motorcycyle he did not race in his career?

|

7/31/2020 4:14 AM

Spooner wrote:

Photo

ML512 wrote:

TomC31 wrote:

Where do you see him landing as an ambassador? With MC at Kawi i don't see him returning there, could he return back to honda? or be on a motorcycyle he did not race in his career?

That would be my guess. much like Emig did.

|

7/31/2020 4:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/31/2020 7:58 AM

ML512 wrote:

TomC31 wrote:

brocster wrote:

Looks like he’s a brand ambassador for Triumph. I just don’t see guys like Ricky tagging manufacturers in their posts without getting paid to do so.

Not saying they have some long term contract, it may just be a one time thing. Triumph pays him for this ad and that’s it. Or maybe they bought 2 or 3 ads, and Ricky will post them every few weeks. But as for now, he’s clearly an ambassador for Triumph.

|

7/31/2020 5:23 AM

Suzuki bout to scoop JS7 as the brand ambassador cool

|

7/31/2020 7:26 AM

A triumphant, yet scandalous occasion, no doubt.... Photo

|

7/31/2020 7:37 AM

RIP Suzuki

|

7/31/2020 8:07 AM

Comeback to where he belongs...
Photo

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

7/31/2020 8:22 AM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Photo

DANG! I feel like thats pretty sketchy dragging the throttle side. Not only is it gonna try to close the throttle but imagine if that front brake really grabbed. w00t That guy is something else.

|

7/31/2020 8:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/31/2020 8:55 AM

I noticed a few months ago that he’d stopped mentioning Suzuki in his social media posts. Probably a victim of all the cutbacks that occurred when this pandemic hit the US.

|

7/31/2020 9:02 AM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Photo

That’s a badass picture

|

7/31/2020 9:03 AM

TomC31 wrote:

brocster wrote:

SEE ARE125 wrote:

Looks like he’s a brand ambassador for Triumph. I just don’t see guys like Ricky tagging manufacturers in their posts without getting paid to do so.

Not saying they have some long term contract, it may just be a one time thing. Triumph pays him for this ad and that’s it. Or maybe they bought 2 or 3 ads, and Ricky will post them every few weeks. But as for now, he’s clearly an ambassador for Triumph.

Correct as in the social media game no one of RC’s caliber tags a brand in a post without some sort of return be it short term, long term, or even a gift. Curious to see the flavor of dirt scooter he chooses to throw a leg over.

|

7/31/2020 9:08 AM

I noticed during the early Salt Lake supercross rounds whenever they would talk about Reed he would say things like "Chad has told me he feels so comfortable on the KTM and told me I need to try one" or something along those lines. I kinda figured then that the Suzuki deal was up and he was looking for a new ride.

|

7/31/2020 9:46 AM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Photo

That Honda is still one of the best-looking bikes of all time in my mind.

|

7/31/2020 9:54 AM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Photo

I think you meant to post a pic of him on a Kawi.

|

7/31/2020 10:29 AM

Those bikes suck for adv.... Lol... Have fun Ricky!

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

7/31/2020 10:54 AM

Ricky is soon rejoining Roger Decoster over at KTM to be brand ambassador. Stamped

|

7/31/2020 12:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/31/2020 12:18 PM

Anyone know brand ambassadors payment range? I assume RC had to be the best paid, Suzuki might not be interested anymore as their business model changed. Wonder if Triumph is filling the void permanently and how would that impact RC dirtbike choice.

|

7/31/2020 12:43 PM

Teej317 wrote:

Ricky is soon rejoining Roger Decoster over at KTM to be brand ambassador. Stamped

This is where my money is. The Triumph shoutout seems to be just a “tweener” until the brand ambassador announcement comes about

|

7/31/2020 1:36 PM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Photo

visser62 wrote:

That Honda is still one of the best-looking bikes of all time in my mind.

He basically hit the lottery when it comes to race bike aesthetics:

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

7/31/2020 2:18 PM

There is only ONE way for Honda to cure the curse of the Bambino..... or well.... their version of it.

Do the right thing Honda.

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

7/31/2020 2:43 PM

gt80rider wrote:

Those bikes suck for adv.... Lol... Have fun Ricky!

I want one of those Yamaha T700's for a ADV bike.

|

7/31/2020 2:45 PM

RalphS wrote:

Anyone know brand ambassadors payment range? I assume RC had to be the best paid, Suzuki might not be interested anymore as their business model changed. Wonder if Triumph is filling the void permanently and how would that impact RC dirtbike choice.

About tree fiddy.

|

7/31/2020 2:52 PM

RalphS wrote:

Why would you assume that RC would be the best paid ?

|

Ed Johnson

7/31/2020 3:16 PM

Spooner wrote:

Photo

ML512 wrote:

TomC31 wrote:

Yes and he'd be on a brand that he was never sponsored by and then all of a sudden his first post about that brand comes out and somehow he will have pictures of him as an amateur on said particular brand that nobody ever knew about .....his first post about it will be something along the lines of "I'm coming home to the original family that sponsored me before kawasaki" 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 that's obviously a joke but I think we have seen similar instances of this but some people fully knew RV ride a Yamaha and McGrath was a team green kid.

RC really did try to keep Suzuki relevant and although he was paid to, he always spoke highly of Suzuki in a way that came across genuine and there were stories where JT mentioned that Ricky was very "honest" and open with giving the heads Suzuki of Japan "The Business" about falling behind and not really trying to keep up with the rest of the mfg's. With the rumored new CEO that's in to racing and is dedicated to a roaring comeback for Suzuki, I'm surprised that Ricky's relationship with Suzuki is about to end when they're rumored to begin mounting a comeback.

|

7/31/2020 3:31 PM

Or maybe he just wanted to ride a Triumph across the beauty of the US.

I love all the random BS rumors and made up shit though... wink Keep it coming morans.

|

7/31/2020 3:32 PM

The GM at Triumph US is Rod Lapusnak who was at Suzuki in the RC Makita Suzuki days.

|

7/31/2020 5:26 PM

devotid wrote:

Or maybe he just wanted to ride a Triumph across the beauty of the US.

I love all the random BS rumors and made up shit though... wink Keep it coming morans.

There is about 0.0% chance that this is what is happening. Suzuki makes an adventure bike so if he still had a contract with them they would lose their sh*t if he did this. He's definitely moved on.

|