Ricky and Ralph in the booth for SuperCross....

Related:
Create New Tag

1/2/2019 8:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/3/2019 6:28 AM

Now that we know Ricky will be Ralph's sidekick for the entire SuperCross season, what are your thoughts and how do you think this will go?
Hope Ricky surprises me, the last few seasons were a little rough.
He's still the greatest to swing a leg over a dirt bike, hope he uses that to his advantage.

|

1/2/2019 9:03 PM

I'm hopeful they can both improve a lot.

|

1/2/2019 9:06 PM

Nothing wrong with them two and they ain't going to please everyone. It's the racing that matters most.

|

1/2/2019 9:10 PM

Good for Ricky, but shitty for Jeff. Jeff worked really hard to do a good job. Ralph is a pro and is passionate-I'm good with him. He has also worked hard to know our sport better.

|

"If you don't put your work ahead of your talent, you won't win." Mike Babcock

1/2/2019 9:11 PM

It'll be sketchy at times, but we'll be alright.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

1/2/2019 9:14 PM

Well, its better than Blair.

Caller after the 15th race last year: Daniel Blair, tell us about the riders using Hoosier Tires, are they any good?

Daniel Blair: What are hoosier tires? I've never even heard of it.

Personally, since Kristen Beat has over 3 decades of knowledge to pull from, I'd rather her than Ricky. Most wont understand how that can be.

Plus, she's easy on the eyes. Maybe next year.

|

1/2/2019 9:15 PM

Why no Jeff? He is a cool dude to have in there. Who's on the floor?

|

Edited Date/Time: 1/2/2019 9:21 PM

Emig has done a better job in the past from what I have watched. RC seems to just watch the racing and shout woooaaaa, as opposed to actually calling the racing. We will see how it goes this Saturday... wish him the best!

|

Never try to argue with idiots; they will only bring you down to their level.....and being more experienced, they will beat you at their own game!

2006 KX250

Boomslang wrote:

Nothing wrong with them two and they ain't going to please everyone. It's the racing that matters most.

Hey, you talk just like Ricky’s going to all season. He “ain’t got no” business anywhere near a mic. I “seen” 12 year olds with better verbal skills.

|

He may be the GOAT but he's the WOAT to hold a mic. Just my opinion. Hopefully he'll surprise me but I doubt it.

|

1/2/2019 9:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/2/2019 9:27 PM

str8line wrote:

He may be the GOAT but he's the WOAT to hold a mic. Just my opinion. Hopefully he'll surprise me but I doubt it.

He definitely isn't as smooth as Jeff on the mic but I think he will provide better insight as far the racing goes and hopefully a bit more excitement. I didn't mind Jeff but sometimes it seemed like he was falling asleep... or had got far too high before the broadcast.

|

1/2/2019 9:36 PM

I’m just going to be hopeful in that Ricky might bring more technical explanations of things happening on the track and with the bikes. He’s def not going to win any awards for his speaking skills.

|

1/2/2019 10:11 PM

I think Ricky's been getting lessons! The last couple interviews I've seen had me quite impressed (relatively speaking). His vocabulary, presentation and articulation skills have grown significantly. I'm looking forward to being pleasantly surprised.

|

Retired Mechanical Engineer, published technical writer, mscperformance.com, Bisimotoengineering.com,

1/2/2019 10:19 PM

Braz wrote:

I’m just going to be hopeful in that Ricky might bring more technical explanations of things happening on the track and with the bikes. He’s def not going to win any awards for his speaking skills.

It's not his speaking skills that are the problem, it's that he offers middling insight. You'd have trouble finding a clip of Ricky saying something insightful. So many times Jeffro would set Ricky up with a great question and all Ricky could bring was blase agreement or banal platitudes. Again I hope he improves but I think they made a big mistake.
|

1/2/2019 10:32 PM

Ricky may be the GOAT but he is painful to listen to.

|

1/2/2019 11:08 PM

After reading everyones thoughts and opinions. If Ricky does bomb, does he make it the entire season before being replaced?

|

1/2/2019 11:13 PM

I’m sure Ricky has been working hard.. it’s not in his nature to half-ass anything.. that being said I recall a race last year him talking about one of the cutaway bikes, he was an absolute disaster.
I’m sure he will be fine tho!

|

1/2/2019 11:15 PM

Can’t say I’m all that worried about it. The racing is what it’s about for me. The announcers are just background noise.

|

1/3/2019 12:26 AM

Talisker wrote:

After reading everyones thoughts and opinions. If Ricky does bomb, does he make it the entire season before being replaced?

He’ll be fine, season don’t start ‘til Daytona anyways.

|

1/3/2019 12:44 AM

Should have kept Jeff and got rid of Ralph. Big mistake imo.

|

1/3/2019 5:50 AM

RC full time? Crikey.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/3/2019 5:52 AM

Absolutely outstandable thread.

|

1/3/2019 5:53 AM

Ricky, fastest man ever on a bike, but in the booth, ugggghhhh yipes....

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

1/3/2019 5:59 AM

Jeff had a stuttering problem i think. He made a big effort for this job. He had to work a lot with diction. Sad for him.

|

1/3/2019 6:06 AM

I have bagged Jeff before but it truly won’t be the same without him, his chemistry with Ralph is great and sometimes even entertaining when they make fun of each other.

|

1/3/2019 6:24 AM

As long as Ricky is candid and gives us honest analysis, I'll be able to look past every other shortcoming. I'd rather have some unpolished honesty than perfectly polished "blah".

|

1/3/2019 6:31 AM

Im looking forward to ricky talking shit on and to everyone for the comedic factor.

|

1/3/2019 6:31 AM

Hopefully Ricky is finishing up boot camp and will be well preperated!

|

1/3/2019 6:49 AM

I don't know if I can stand hearing RC talk for 3 hrs straight. Gonna miss Emig.

Just to be clear, I don't care about his made up words, or even that he always calls them hoops instead of whoops. It just gets old hearing RC talk about how great he was and get annoyed anytime anyone pokes fun at him.

|

1/3/2019 6:59 AM

Ouch, not a fan of RC in the booth. time to keep that mute button handy

|