Ricky and Leigh tonight

Related:
Create New Tag

1/23/2021 9:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/24/2021 6:50 AM

I've been a pretty huge Ricky hater. But Ricky had his best night. The conversational style of Diffey really benefits him. He seemed relaxed. And Diffey is a total pro. He was great in F1 and he's great here.

|

1/23/2021 11:30 PM

str8line wrote:

I've been a pretty huge Ricky hater. But Ricky had his best night. The conversational style of Diffey really benefits him. He seemed relaxed. And Diffey is a total pro. He was great in F1 and he's great here.

You know how I know the broadcast is better this year?

I don't notice them...like at all. And that's how it should be. Ralph made it about him and his yelling.

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

1/24/2021 12:15 AM

Not having Ralph in the booth fills me with...

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

1/24/2021 2:08 AM

Ricky's stuttering and constant fumbling of simple, one-syllable words adds a certain level of entertainment. I can live with it. Ralph needed to go.

|

1/24/2021 5:02 AM

It is better than Ralph.

But there is something about modern sportscasting where the announcers feel the need to tell a story. A narrative.
Drone on and on about some history or family event, or whatever. The sideline reporters are the worst.

Meanwhile there is a race going on. Just call the race, point out rider differences, speed/advantage/disadvantage at certain track points, strategy.

We really don't need to know what the rider did with their kid that week.

|

1/24/2021 5:06 AM

I never complain about the TV stuff, grateful to have it, but this year the camera work and director has been weak. Poor shots, angles and distances. Missed action. Clunky movement. Slow replays. And general mistakes.

Someone go steal Scotty Mac out of the Lucas trailer.

|

Make sure you downvote!

1/24/2021 5:32 AM

Ricky just needs to hit his marks.

|

1/24/2021 6:42 AM

They did great. But I did have a laugh at Ricky’s comment that was very “Ralphish”. “Barcia on the gas on his GasGas”. 🤣

|

2015 Husqvarna FE501s
2020 KTM 250xc
2019 Yamaha YZ250F

1/24/2021 10:13 AM

Long time fan of the Diff, total pro.... but man, the camera work and general show are a mess.....

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

1/24/2021 10:48 AM

gt80rider wrote:

Long time fan of the Diff, total pro.... but man, the camera work and general show are a mess.....

I have to disagree. I’ve always wondered what the view was like from the scoring tower. NBC delivered last night!

|

1/24/2021 11:34 AM

I don’t understand why we need someone with an accent in this sport all the time to me it’s annoying. Supercross needs to take some notes of the ufc their broadcast team is by far the best

|

1/24/2021 11:39 AM

Have to love all of the extra R’s Leigh throws in there. Barciar , Yamahar , Yarmaha , etc.

|

1/24/2021 12:20 PM

EngIceDave wrote:

I never complain about the TV stuff, grateful to have it, but this year the camera work and director has been weak. Poor shots, angles and distances. Missed action. Clunky movement. Slow replays. And general mistakes.

Someone go steal Scotty Mac out of the Lucas trailer.

I’ll agree, though last night I saw some improvements. There were a lot of moments where I had to use the 15 sec jump back button to catch something out of the corner of the screen. I thought I had just gotten worse at noticing thing , so I’m glad I’m not alone.

There was one moment last night where the camera followed the leaders in a lane going left to right on screen. At the end of the lane they panned up the AC going right to left in the parallel lane and Diffey segued into calling the battle he was involved in. It was really smooth and Diffey caught on to it without missing a beat. The cutless transition added some dimension to the broadcast.

|

1/24/2021 12:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/24/2021 12:47 PM

Diffey gets going trying to create drama which he doesn't need to do and then he just continues on his train of thought despite something actually important happening on the track. I think he's a pretty weak commentator. He says something and then immediately is wrong. He's got this technique that he follows for any sport I'm guessing. It's annoying for me.

|

1/24/2021 1:06 PM

Threewheeler wrote:

I don’t understand why we need someone with an accent in this sport all the time to me it’s annoying. Supercross needs to take some notes of the ufc their broadcast team is by far the best

Wow, that comment is beyond disgusting.

|

1/24/2021 1:22 PM

Mavetism wrote:

I'm sure you were saying the same thing when the hags on TV were making fun of Melania.

|

1/24/2021 1:41 PM

I'm a fan of Ricky, but the other guy just doesn't do it for me

I would like to see RC and GL

|

1/24/2021 1:57 PM

Chuesday night

|

1/24/2021 6:36 PM

I don’t mind foreign accents, my mom grew up in Ireland, but besides Weege and Langston, the guys doing MotoGP this year are spectacular. Supercross could learn a lot from them.

|

1/24/2021 6:40 PM

RC sucks. Any way you look at it, he's the greatest rider ever, and the worst announcer ever.

|

1/24/2021 7:09 PM

Ricky and Diffey seem to compliment each other, works out pretty dang good. In the past with Ralph and Emig Ricky seemed to always try to prove them wrong or show he saw something first. Its seems that competition side between the 2 hosts is gone, and just focused on the race, and the output is much better from it.

One weird observation though, why is Ricky so against making predictions? Kind of weird.

|

1/24/2021 9:31 PM

Ricky needs to stop saying that people should ride their own race, and not worry about other riders.
He didn't do that. He wanted to win every single race, regardless if he was the fastest rider that night.

|

1/24/2021 10:17 PM

Threewheeler wrote:

Mavetism wrote:

I kinda agree with him though. I can tolerate diff. But the chick is just annyoing. Especially when she gets going longer than 30 seconds telling some story. Looks like she’s gonna pass out sometimes cuz she’s doesn’t take a breath

|

1/25/2021 4:32 AM

Threewheeler wrote:

Mavetism wrote:

Is it though? I can think of a lot of things "beyond disgusting", this isn't one of them. You may not agree with it, but I don't know if i would go to that extreme lol

|

1/25/2021 4:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/25/2021 4:46 AM

Secret_Squirrel27 wrote:

I kinda agree with him though. I can tolerate diff. But the chick is just annyoing. Especially when she gets going longer than 30 seconds telling some story. Looks like she’s gonna pass out sometimes cuz she’s doesn’t take a breath

I don't have an issue with the present young lady as a whole, but she is a poor actor.

We know her little inserts are canned, that's no surprise, but she doesn't make it seem personal or genuine. It just sounds canned.

Reynard sounds more natural and less canned, and all-American.

They likely prefer the "English" speaking announcers because they see it as more exotic or international. Remember, it's "An FIM World Championship"

How else do you package a 100% domestic event into a "worldwide phenomena?"

|

Make sure you downvote!

1/25/2021 5:06 AM

katooom wrote:

It is better than Ralph.

But there is something about modern sportscasting where the announcers feel the need to tell a story. A narrative.
Drone on and on about some history or family event, or whatever. The sideline reporters are the worst.

Meanwhile there is a race going on. Just call the race, point out rider differences, speed/advantage/disadvantage at certain track points, strategy.

We really don't need to know what the rider did with their kid that week.

Most of them cut their teeth in journalism/news. There they were taught to sensationalize; elicit an emotional response from the viewer.

Look at current national 'news' programs. They now view themselves as entertainment, rather than information providers.
|

Violence You Can Believe In

1/25/2021 6:06 AM

The press release said Todd Harris was gonna be with Diffey. Hopefully he is in soon, RC would be good every other week with those two.

|

1/25/2021 6:13 AM

Dutch348 wrote:

The press release said Todd Harris was gonna be with Diffey. Hopefully he is in soon, RC would be good every other week with those two.

Leigh Diffey and Todd Harris will alternate as play-by-play commentators. RC will be in the booth at each round.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

1/25/2021 7:12 AM

Dutch348 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Leigh Diffey and Todd Harris will alternate as play-by-play commentators. RC will be in the booth at each round.

You would think continuity would be paramount. Is Diffey so good that he couldn't be there for every round but they wanted him anyway? More hurdles for Ricky...
|

2/7/2021 2:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/7/2021 2:59 PM

We need Diffey back to help Ricky. Next race.

|