Rickie Fowler

Related:
Create New Tag

2/3/2019 6:06 PM

Good to see him finally close the deal!! Was impressive to see him handle the adversity the way he did and not get rattled at all after the 7th hole debacle.

|

2/3/2019 6:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/3/2019 6:08 PM

Yes! Won with a final round of 74. And yes it's Rickie Fowler so it's Moto Related.

|

2/3/2019 6:22 PM

Well He struggled all day but he never quit and made it happen at the end.

To be fair nobody really had a great day with the big change in weather, We went from almost perfect conditions Thurs,Fri,Sat to rain and just dreary all day.

|

2/3/2019 7:03 PM

What a comeback, lost a 5 stroke lead, went down by one with five holes to play and pulled it out. Went for it on the 18th with the driver when he could have laid up and played it safe. Big balls . Good job Ricky.

|

2/3/2019 7:46 PM

I pretty much never watch golf, but I watched it today just to see if Ricky could win it. And it's the Phoenix open, the biggest spectator golf event in the world. When he had that FUBAR into the lake (twice) and then bogie next hole, it did not look good. But everyone was struggling with the wet weather so he kept his composure and won it big.

The 16th hole is just such an anomaly in the golfing world, how it has changed from an ASU frat party hole into a world class stadium style party in just incredible. It is so opposite of everything that is golf, from an etiquette and traditional standpoint, yet the players have embraced it and made it into a rock concert type party atmosphere. Nowhere else in golf is that type of setting "allowed", but when they come to Phoenix (Scottsdale) they know to be ready!

And his boy Kyle Chisolm had some good TV time last night at the SD mudfest, so they had a pretty good weekend. Though Ricky's paid just a little bit more than Kyle's....

|

2/3/2019 7:54 PM

I dig the way Moto fans have stuck with Fowler.

Nice!

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

2/3/2019 8:26 PM

He already won last year in my opinion Photo

|

2/3/2019 9:29 PM

funktree wrote:

He already won last year in my opinion Photo

Well. How about that?

|

2/3/2019 11:17 PM

AZ35 wrote:

I pretty much never watch golf, but I watched it today just to see if Ricky could win it. And it's the Phoenix open, the biggest spectator golf event in the world. When he had that FUBAR into the lake (twice) and then bogie next hole, it did not look good. But everyone was struggling with the wet weather so he kept his composure and won it big.

The 16th hole is just such an anomaly in the golfing world, how it has changed from an ASU frat party hole into a world class stadium style party in just incredible. It is so opposite of everything that is golf, from an etiquette and traditional standpoint, yet the players have embraced it and made it into a rock concert type party atmosphere. Nowhere else in golf is that type of setting "allowed", but when they come to Phoenix (Scottsdale) they know to be ready!

And his boy Kyle Chisolm had some good TV time last night at the SD mudfest, so they had a pretty good weekend. Though Ricky's paid just a little bit more than Kyle's....

It might pay just a little more ? But yeah Rickie killed it all week. So pumped for him.

|

2/4/2019 3:37 AM

I watched it too. Glad to see Rickie win. I also love the vibe at that Tournament. They should all be like that.

|

2/4/2019 3:55 AM

I just want to hear the motocross stuff

|

2/4/2019 5:21 AM

As a huge golfer and follower of the sport. Rickie is my favorite because of his Moto background and how he still follows and supports it. Awesome to see him get another big win!

|

2/4/2019 5:47 AM

I do think it's pretty rad for the sport of golf to have such a raucous event like the Phoenix Open. I think it's good for the sport. As is Rickie Fowler.

If there was any event where Rickie could've gotten away with celebrating the win by taking a beer to the face via the rev limiter & exhaust of a thumper held WFO, this was it

|

2/4/2019 7:57 AM

he's come a long way since being told to turn his hat around at the Masters

huge Rickie fan, good for him

|

2/4/2019 11:29 AM

The wealthiest motocross rider we know. Good for him, I think he's rad for both sports.

|

2/4/2019 7:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/4/2019 7:24 PM

The best part was the entire stadium on 16 was chanting BIG DICK RICK on Thurs and Friday super loud. The network tv people on Saturday and Sunday conveniently ran commercials and interviews to cover it up haha

|

2/4/2019 10:33 PM

Ricky has multiple wins as well as Ryder Cups and Presidents Cups. You guys act like this was his 1st win.

|

2/4/2019 10:42 PM

SrfNdirt wrote:

Good to see him finally close the deal!! Was impressive to see him handle the adversity the way he did and not get rattled at all after the 7th hole debacle.

He already has multiple wins on tour?

|

2/5/2019 12:28 AM

Speeder757 wrote:

Ricky has multiple wins as well as Ryder Cups and Presidents Cups. You guys act like this was his 1st win.

As much as he chokes and pisses away wins, it seems like a 1st win.

|

2/5/2019 12:49 AM

SrfNdirt wrote:

Speeder757 wrote:

Yes. At least 4 or 5 now.

|

'21 KX250
'20 KTM SX-E5
'21 Husky EE-5
(2) STACYC 16eDrives

2/5/2019 5:10 PM

WarrenMX wrote:

The wealthiest motocross rider we know. Good for him, I think he's rad for both sports.

Does Jim Jannard still ride?

|

2/5/2019 6:38 PM

Rickie kinda hasn’t lived up to the hype. Hope this jumpstarts him on to some more wins this season.
Very much like Agassi, lots of image, with less than stellar results.

|

2/5/2019 8:57 PM

SrfNdirt wrote:

Speeder757 wrote:

10 yrs on tour with 5 wins. I guess I'm used to always seeing him in the hunt on Sunday's and never really finishing. Never knew he rode moto until a few years ago and was a fan before then.

|

2/5/2019 9:18 PM

5 wins on the Tour is awesome, especially in the modern era. John Daly and Koepka also have 5. He has ten years of his prime ahead and he’s gonna be a favorite at Augusta and every major this year. He showed real mental toughness after his ball rolled into the water after he dropped it (I’ve never even heard of that). Dude is ranked 8th in the world.

|

2/5/2019 9:29 PM

gnarwhip wrote:

5 wins on the Tour is awesome, especially in the modern era. John Daly and Koepka also have 5. He has ten years of his prime ahead and he’s gonna be a favorite at Augusta and every major this year. He showed real mental toughness after his ball rolled into the water after he dropped it (I’ve never even heard of that). Dude is ranked 8th in the world.

5 wins and he is 30! That’s not a lot, and he doesn’t have to play against Tiger in his prime.
You better check your stats, Koepka has more than 5 wins, hell he has three majors I think, on his way to 5 majors!

|