Rick Elzinga update

Related:
Create New Tag

9/15/2021 2:03 AM

Let's not drag this into the gutter. It was a great story to follow and "Rik" and Brent got some great results and coverage on Racer X. Job done.

|

9/15/2021 5:49 AM

Last Braaap wrote:

I wonder how can one reply to thread in forum he doesn't read? whistling

Anyway. There is enough drama in Non-moto section already. I ...more

100%

Wonder what the shame is in admitting you read the forum, is this place that nasty??

|

9/15/2021 6:46 AM

@Brent - what an awesome story! Fair play to you for pulling this off in such a short space of time - legend! Keep us up to date with future SX testing plans etc.

PS, take your arrogance elsewhere Matthes. Twat!

|

9/15/2021 6:57 AM

Matthes wrote:

Uh yeah, I didn't hear you. Are you the guy I met at Pala that I spoke to? Did I walk away then? I listened to what you said, ...more

Steve, you make it tough to be a fan! You and Brent are cut from the same cloth, helping out privateers, and living the dream. Your response here is boorish and uncalled for, you are better than that. Instead of getting bowed up and defensive, how about working with Brent on a great storyline? You're viewed with a lot of credibility in the journalist arena, so please don't reduce your work down to that level.

|

9/15/2021 7:25 AM

Matthes wrote:

Like a lot of these people, they just like to leave facts out.

I don't know who you are or how this started out on Twitter ...more

Leaving the facts out, while there is a link to what I said?? You not covering the story is the last of my irritations, you tweeting things like The Dutch can handle the heat, and question Rick and Brent their credibility when they say he quit the first heat due to boiling fuel squirting out of his bike, everywhere even some in his mouth, what caused sickness in the second moto.

Keep on "not reading Vitalmx" and playing with your fanboys. kissing

|

9/15/2021 7:50 AM

Last Braaap wrote:

Do you think that maybe someone told me that I'm getting ruined for things that really didn't happen in here? Is that possible?

|

Mathis is getting weeded out of the pro pits one team at a time he and his almighty will be outsiders soon.

9/15/2021 7:52 AM

MXMattii wrote:

Leaving the facts out, while there is a link to what I said?? You not covering the story is the last of my irritations, you ...more

Hey you can be upset with me for not covering this dude the way YOU want but why you gotta insult me? Facts are your first post here was very disingenuous and shows your character. Anything else is you just grasping for something to justify you being an asshole on social media.

|

Mathis is getting weeded out of the pro pits one team at a time he and his almighty will be outsiders soon.

9/15/2021 7:55 AM

Graybeard wrote:

Steve, you make it tough to be a fan! You and Brent are cut from the same cloth, helping out privateers, and living the dream. ...more

Yeah people tend to get defensive when they get accused of doing something they didn't...imagine that? Why would Brent just immediately go to the fact I purposely ignored him? Why would he think that?

|

9/15/2021 8:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/15/2021 8:28 AM

Matthes wrote:

Yeah people tend to get defensive when they get accused of doing something they didn't...imagine that? Why would Brent just ...more

"people tend to get defensive when they get accused of doing something they didn't"

Like: Someone tells that a rider just quits because he couldn't handle the heat, and the true story is boiling fuel squirting on him?

Like: Attacking a rider for selling sponsored stuff, but he's selling it for charity.

Like: Telling a 'journalist' about a crazy project, and he reacts "cool story, I don't read Vital" and walks away. But afterwards that "journalist" says (on Vital) you're not credible and lying.

Maybe you're just misunderstood 🤷.

|

9/15/2021 8:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/15/2021 9:10 AM

Matthes wrote:

Yeah people tend to get defensive when they get accused of doing something they didn't...imagine that? Why would Brent just ...more

It’s all good Steve. No worries.

With all the noise coming from the Honda rig from their celebration, and you were in fact buried in your phone, It was easy to miss some random dude yelling at you.

I’m not a pushy person and you don’t know me, so I get it- if I was in your position I might have done the same thing- you probably get tons of guys hassling you during race day. I just wanted to introduce you to Elzinga quickly before everyone left.

Good thing is now Rick is getting meeting calls from teams in MX2 , and he may have some pretty good opportunities for next year,

|

9/15/2021 8:28 AM

Petty little buzzkill here at the end of what was an otherwise a fun and positive story. Why so sensitive and serious all of the sudden?

|

9/15/2021 8:28 AM

Last Braaap wrote:

Matthes wrote:

Do you think that maybe someone told me that I'm getting ruined for things that really didn't happen in here? Is that ...more

Hey, I was taking a piss of your statement(s) when you took a piss of someone else. No harm no fault. (aka No need to reply to my previous message anyway)

I just can't wrap my head around why stoke the dumpsterfire NOW when this thread is kinda sorta over what happend. I wonder if you could name one occasion when arguing with people on the internet (let alone here on Vital) caused one of the sides change their mind... because i can't. It all seems kinda pointless.

|

the ultimate MX renegade from the east shore of the big cold pond

9/15/2021 8:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/15/2021 9:50 AM

MXMattii wrote:

He's a bit like Perez Hilton, you know the Celeb blogger. First they are real journalists/bloggers but after a while they ...more

Looks like he blocked you for calling him a ‘pathetic creature’, not for ‘backlash.’ I was rooting for Rick but Matthes’ take there seems on point to me.

The dude does far more for privateers than most, why are you trying to blow him out?

edit: Hadn’t yet read the replies that pointed this out. Disappointing thread. Matthes doesn’t owe anyone coverage and it’s his fucking outlets to cover what he deems interesting. Also from what I remember of the podcast, it was Paul that was casting doubt on the gas story. Could be misremembering.

|

9/15/2021 9:40 AM

abomination wrote:

Looks like he blocked you for calling him a ‘pathetic creature’, not for ‘backlash.’ I was rooting for Rick but Matthes’ take ...more

I repeat: Him not covering the story is the least of my irritations. But choosing to cherry pick things where he could burn him down on, annoyed me.

And while doing that together with his friends, they questioning the credibility of three people who worked their ass off to make this happen.

While you're question good people there credibility just to score at your fanbase, you're a pathetic creature in my book.

|

9/15/2021 9:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/15/2021 11:07 AM

I can repeat myself too: he can say whatever the fuck he wants. It's independent, opinionated journalism. Hit him up about a paid sponsorship if you want him to recite your curated ad read.

|

9/15/2021 10:06 AM

Very happy for you Brent and Rick! This is an awesome story and I hope to hear his name called again! Can’t imagine going against the big boys on a stocker, but then again that’s why I’m a slow C class rider!

PS: you can save 20% off on your next works connection order with coupon code: IREADVITAL

|

If it can't be fixed with a hammer, it's an electrical problem.

9/15/2021 10:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/15/2021 10:12 AM

I didn't listen to the Podcast, so I don't know what was said about Rick in regards to his fuel issue.

If there is a question about the fuel boiling, It did happen, we got a visit from a KTM mechanic after the race, and it was his opinion.

We used the wrong Pro 6 fuel,, didn't insulate the tank, and did not wire the vent hose to the KTM Powerparts gas cap. It was my fault for not knowing how hot the fuel could get. At least we installed a cooling fan on the radiators, but it wasn't enough.

Rick came in with his helmet foam reeking of fuel, the MR Pro 6 stinks like hell so It got up into his helmet somehow.

He also did two 30+2 motos the Wednesday prior at Elsinore in the heat with no issues, and then went on a 5 mile run in the hottest part of the day. For a guy who doesn't race in these temps, he didn't do too badly for the first visit to this country.

|

9/15/2021 10:33 AM

Brent wrote:

I didn't listen to the Podcast, so I don't know what was said about Rick in regards to his fuel issue.

If there is a question ...more

It was in the Fantasy podcast I believe, don't listen to it if you don't want to get a bit miffed. A couple of the guys called BS on the fuel issue and swallowing the VP Pro 6, and flat said Rik faded from the heat and quit. Not a good look on any of them, given what actually happened, and they had plenty of time to find out the real story.

|

9/15/2021 10:49 AM

MXMattii wrote:

He's a bit like Perez Hilton, you know the Celeb blogger. First they are real journalists/bloggers but after a while they ...more

abomination wrote:

Looks like he blocked you for calling him a ‘pathetic creature’, not for ‘backlash.’ I was rooting for Rick but Matthes’ take ...more

MXMattii wrote:

I repeat: Him not covering the story is the least of my irritations. But choosing to cherry pick things where he could burn ...more

What Brent and Rick did was/is a great story….but your pissing on Matthes is clouding that and turning the story on to you and away from them…so let it go and move on…

|

“I’m not Swap…”

9/15/2021 11:08 AM

Brent wrote:

Graybeard wrote:

It was in the Fantasy podcast I believe, don't listen to it if you don't want to get a bit miffed. A couple of the guys called ...more

Did the podcast actually ever say or know that he swallowed fuel? I thought they only said that he possibly got fuel in his eyes similar to Kitchen. I can't remember them actually knowing the fact that he swallowed fuel.

|

9/15/2021 11:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/15/2021 11:51 AM

Brent wrote:

Graybeard wrote:

It was in the Fantasy podcast I believe, don't listen to it if you don't want to get a bit miffed. A couple of the guys called ...more

stremme12 wrote:

Did the podcast actually ever say or know that he swallowed fuel? I thought they only said that he possibly got fuel in his ...more

If you don't know any of the facts, you just keep your mouth shut or do some homework. Which is called "journalism". But after reading the tweet about Rick not being able to handle the heat, "because he is Dutch", i already knew who is coming up short as far as talent wise. He didn't even know what happened..... Also, when it's hot in summer here, it can be pretty hot and humidwink
He didn't have to make a story about Rick. But then don't insinuate shit either!

Anyway, like someone else already wrote, this should stop here. Lets keep the focus on Rick.

So, give Rick a factory bike, some time and he can run top 10 in the nationals. No doubt.

Lets hope all of this effort of him and Brent will help him get a ride next year. GP or AMA, he deserves it.

|

9/15/2021 2:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/15/2021 2:03 PM

Graybeard wrote:

stremme12 wrote:

Did the podcast actually ever say or know that he swallowed fuel? I thought they only said that he possibly got fuel in his ...more

63mark wrote:

If you don't know any of the facts, you just keep your mouth shut or do some homework. Which is called "journalism". But after ...more

I did actually hear Steve mention on the pod he heard that he possibly got gas in his throat so I was wrong.

|

9/15/2021 2:07 PM

Ricks next Big race is October 3rd in Tuechenthal Germany.
I hope he reads everything critical about him and uses it as motivation.
There are a lot of people in high places watching now, and hopefully he can win this championship, because this kid needs to be in MX2 next year at least.

|

9/15/2021 2:13 PM

Brent wrote:

Ricks next Big race is October 3rd in Tuechenthal Germany.
I hope he reads everything critical about him and uses it as ...more

Thats great Brent. Does that mean the talks of coming back here to the states in December has ended?

|

themotolog.com The only offroad bike specific logbook available

9/15/2021 2:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/15/2021 2:54 PM

The Moto Log wrote:

Thats great Brent. Does that mean the talks of coming back here to the states in December has ended?

Rick wants very badly to come back in December and train for Supercross here in California. When he does, it will probably be on another bike color.

He REALLY wants to race full time here, as he has grown to love the USA and the lifestyle.

...but he also wants to be paid, and since there are no offers from US based teams yet, his best bet is to do another year in MXGP and and get great finishes first, kind of like Hunter Lawrence did.

There is interest from a huge name in Europe - time will tell if it works out.

If Rick signs with a European team for 2022, he would have to get permission to train in California for Supercross.

They are on a plane now headed toward Holland as of an hour ago -

Photo

|

9/16/2021 6:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/16/2021 6:57 PM

Going through my Go Pro and other videos, I found this one from Glen Helen last week, I had forgotten we did some on board video.

Notice Bones, Ivan Tedesco, Seth Hammaker, and Jo Shimoda on the left at the start of the video.
Prior to this, Rick was matching the PC guy's lap times during training motos earlier in the day.

Hi Def is still processing from youTube, so if its looks grainy give it a hour or so and re watch.

|

9/16/2021 9:21 PM

Brent wrote:

Going through my Go Pro and other videos, I found this one from Glen Helen last week, I had forgotten we did some on board ...more

Looking good out there !

|

9/17/2021 1:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/17/2021 1:25 AM

Matthes wrote:

Uh yeah, I didn't hear you. Are you the guy I met at Pala that I spoke to? Did I walk away then? I listened to what you said, ...more

Makes a change from the ML bashing at least Matthes 🤣

This is a different story to the usual dude coming from some part of the World. It was done via a forum message and a random dude pulling out his credit card and buying a bike!!

Surely that in itself is a cool story Steve!

|

9/17/2021 5:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/17/2021 5:05 AM

Brent wrote:

Thank you Kellen for writing the story and coming over to see us.
I found out that Kellen is also a San Diegan and a long ...more

Matthes wrote:

KiwiBermRailer wrote:

Makes a change from the ML bashing at least Matthes

This is a different story to the usual dude coming from some part of the ...more

Bummer this thread turned into what it did.

This was an awesome story, and showed the true positive aspects of this forum - regardless of who thought it was a cool story or not in the "media".

It also doesn't matter 1 bit how Rick did, and whether or not the fuel got certain places...that was not the story here.

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

9/17/2021 6:16 AM

Congrats on the cool story all involved, was fun to watch. Hopefully not the end of seeing him in the US.

On, Matthes. People must get jaded on how much he does for the privateers and cool stories of the sport. His platform has made me a fan of so many people, I otherwise would have never looked our for and learned about.

|