Rick Elzinga update

Related:
Create New Tag

9/6/2021 9:34 AM

Jeff_Crutcher wrote:

He passed me on one of the muddiest parts of the track in qualifying and made it look so easy. Kid is wicked talented. Go ...more

Brent wrote:

His mud skills are just sick.

We went to the very top of the track Saturday morning, and the mud was easily 3 feet deep- I ...more

This turn? Shit was so deep I took a pic and sent to my son saying WTF??? I should have caught a video of the turn before this on top the hill. He was absolutely railing it at the same speed as Justin Cooper and Vohland.

Photo

|

9/6/2021 3:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/6/2021 4:47 PM

Photo

Back to work, practice plastic back on , another clutch, two testing days this week and then off to Hangtown on Thursday
|

9/6/2021 3:49 PM

Brent wrote: Photo

Back to work, practice plastic back on , another clutch, two testing days this week and then off to Hangtown on Thursday

Hey Brent, are you wrenching for Rick? I tried to find you guys at Fox but couldnt locate. I talked to Rick a little bit through Instagram. Send me a DM on our IG @motoxxxofficial If you see this

|

9/6/2021 4:14 PM

Is it wrong, I have not replaced a clutch in 40 years, and seeing those clutch plates brought back that smell!🤣🤣🤣

Great job helping that young man out.👍

|

9/6/2021 4:28 PM

This is a very cool story to follow and I’m sure you’re enjoying every bit even the grind of it.

|

9/6/2021 4:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/6/2021 4:55 PM

OG MOTO XXX wrote:

Hey Brent, are you wrenching for Rick? I tried to find you guys at Fox but couldnt locate. I talked to Rick a little bit ...more

Oh God no, I suck as a mechanic.

If I was wrenching the bike would fall to pieces the first lap. Rick has his pro KTM mechanic Robert Fobbe in from Holland.

I'm just the team manager/errands bitch/ Van washer/ check writer...blink

Message sent to your IG now.

|

9/6/2021 5:10 PM

Just another note of gratitude for making this experience possible! Great to read and watch!

|

9/6/2021 5:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/6/2021 5:34 PM

Props to you Brent and also to Rick.
Thought you both did great- shows some guts swallowing fuel and still going out there- tough kid.

Rooting for your Team and super effort you have all put together for the last race and this next one .... top Ten I am hoping!

~Stuff like this really makes the races so cool and interesting to see a newcomer get in there and do well- go Rick!

|

Always was an excellent rider ...... at crashing usually

Moto Aspes, you know you want one

9/6/2021 6:27 PM

So cool Brent that your helping Rick out. I,m sure he knows english , but it’s fun to speak another’s language. Here is a few words - motorcycle motorfiets, that,s hot dat is heet, super fast super snel, map kaart, fuel brandstaf, pretty women mooie vrouwen. Lekker is a popular word basically means nice, cool or hot. Like a hot bike, chic or song. Nice dirt Lekker vuil.

|

9/6/2021 6:48 PM

My Grandma taught us some dutch. “Quat fer Doma”
It means goddamnit. She said it a lot laughing

|

9/6/2021 6:57 PM

sumdood wrote:

I heard my Grandma call my Grandpa dumkof a lot it means dumb person or something. Haha you know Dutch people don’t pronounce a j. My sister Jodi was Yodi.

|

9/6/2021 9:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/7/2021 10:00 AM

Yeah, my wife and family have been getting Dutch lessons at dinner from Rick and Robert.

They teach me these Dutch words, and then I mangle them on purpose just to piss Rick off silly w00t

In all honesty these kids are great, so respectful, grateful for what they have, and hard working - they are like family now to us.

After this is over, it will be sad to see them go, but in the long run, hopefully Rick's performances will catch the eye of a USA team or OEM. He for sure has the speed.

|

9/6/2021 10:15 PM

Glad you guys can make it to hangtown. Good luck to the team. Hope everyone has a good time.

|

9/7/2021 3:43 AM

sumdood wrote:

Haha, that's funny. You actually write it as '' Godverdomme'' tongue

|

9/7/2021 4:30 AM

profeshenal125 wrote:

So cool Brent that your helping Rick out. I,m sure he knows english , but it’s fun to speak another’s language. Here is a few ...more

This puts a smile on my face grin Veel succes voor Rick in Hangtown!

|

9/7/2021 10:00 AM

Photo

Rick and Robert are at the pro "stopwatch nationals" at Glen Helen today, I hung back so we can get ready to travel to Hangtown on Thursday.

If you are at GH today (Tuesday), stop and say hi to them.
|

9/7/2021 5:18 PM

Photo
Photo
|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

9/7/2021 8:27 PM

Rick and Robert are at the pro "stopwatch nationals" at Glen Helen today, I hung back so we can get ready to travel to ...more

He Looks stylish and fast. Someone posted a 100k of prise money east coast racing series on here. Rick should race them . Then Florida gold cup then mini o,s and the winter nationals in Florida. I think he would do very well in the sand.

|

9/8/2021 7:50 AM

Rick is practicing for the final time at Cahuilla creek today- no more track days after today. Off to Hangtown first thing Thursday.
Found this on racer x. According to DC, Rick will be in A qualifying this weekend.
Photo

|

9/8/2021 9:00 AM

Awesome stuff Brent! Can’t wait for Saturday! Thanks for giving us the inside view and giving this kid a whole new country of fans!

|

9/8/2021 9:05 AM

Best of luck at Hangtown!

|

We are the sum of a 1,000 lives. What we know is almost nothing at all.

9/8/2021 9:38 AM

Looking forward to keeping track of this for the Hangtown race, good luck!

|

9/8/2021 12:42 PM

Photo
Photo
|

9/8/2021 2:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/8/2021 2:45 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote: Photo
Photo

Those are great shots Maverick who took them?

I guess the Buttery guy was out at cahuilla today filming Rick.

|

9/8/2021 3:28 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote: Photo
Photo
Brent wrote:

Those are great shots Maverick who took them?

I guess the Buttery guy was out at cahuilla today filming Rick.

I think Anton from SwapMoto.

|

9/8/2021 7:10 PM

How is Rick liking the USA? Is he staying here a while after hangtown? Hopefully he gets to experience a little of California and the surrounding area besides just the tracks

|

9/8/2021 7:29 PM

Good luck guys for Hangtown!!

|

9/8/2021 8:39 PM

How is Rick handling the bad air quality it’s 122 in Ontario Cal. Right now. He may want to get the cardio in inside Thursday. All depends if it bothers him. My sinuses blow up pretty bad.

|

9/8/2021 11:19 PM

|

9/8/2021 11:21 PM

yak651 wrote:

How is Rick liking the USA? Is he staying here a while after hangtown? Hopefully he gets to experience a little of California ...more

He is leaving Wednesday 9/15 he has to finish the EMX season in Europe.
A couple teams are interested here, we will see if they turn into offers…

|