Richier declines Wiemer's ride

jo2910
1/24/2011 3:41am Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 2:00pm
After Aranda who has declined the ride (not ridng at the moment, focused on GP, sponsored by Rockstar) it's now another French rider Florent Richier who says no thanks. He's a regular on the German SX and won the Dortmund final.

Sounds pretty crazy those guys are turning the ride down but I think they are a bit scared of the depth of the field and the pressure of filing for Weimer. They have everything to loose. The 450 class is so deep that those guys would struggle to get a top 10. All they risk is injuring themselves or losing credibility by finishing 17th on a factory bike...

Only French remaining possibility is Cyril Coulon...
|
jo2910
1/24/2011 4:10am
My view is that if they didn't have the money to pay him before they still don't have it. Then there is CP's ego being a fill in rider for Weimer for 4-5 races is probably an insult to him. And I think the same thing as Richier if CP comes in with little training, in a new class, and after not having raced for 4-5 months and scores a 10th that's not going to help him get a good contract next year.

This supercross series is not something you come in half prepared!
1/24/2011 4:18am
jo2910 wrote:
My view is that if they didn't have the money to pay him before they still don't have it. Then there is CP's ego being a...
My view is that if they didn't have the money to pay him before they still don't have it. Then there is CP's ego being a fill in rider for Weimer for 4-5 races is probably an insult to him. And I think the same thing as Richier if CP comes in with little training, in a new class, and after not having raced for 4-5 months and scores a 10th that's not going to help him get a good contract next year.

This supercross series is not something you come in half prepared!
yeah guess so, plus CP racing now would only hurt his chances for big money next year
TMV
1/24/2011 5:43am
jo2910 wrote:
After Aranda who has declined the ride (not ridng at the moment, focused on GP, sponsored by Rockstar) it's now another French rider Florent Richier who...
After Aranda who has declined the ride (not ridng at the moment, focused on GP, sponsored by Rockstar) it's now another French rider Florent Richier who says no thanks. He's a regular on the German SX and won the Dortmund final.

Sounds pretty crazy those guys are turning the ride down but I think they are a bit scared of the depth of the field and the pressure of filing for Weimer. They have everything to loose. The 450 class is so deep that those guys would struggle to get a top 10. All they risk is injuring themselves or losing credibility by finishing 17th on a factory bike...

Only French remaining possibility is Cyril Coulon...
Cyril Coulon or Fabien Izoird...

The Shop

mjskier
1/24/2011 6:44am

Sounds like it from his interview on motoverte.com. He said he thinks he had enough speed to make the main (basing it on racing against JT$) but that he didn't think he could sustain it for 20 laps.
Besides that he was a bit vague, but he did mention that he was 27. How old is that in SX years?
motoxxx599
Fantasy
1009th
1/24/2011 6:51am
Ill take the ride! I know that H&H has nothing to do with Kawasaki (considering they buy their own bikes from Jax Motorsports) but I wonder if they would let Team Kawi "borrow" Hot Sauce for a few rounds.
jndmx
1/24/2011 6:55am
Tim Ferry........rested, red-haired and ready.

Just sayin.....
jtmoney
1/24/2011 7:12am
It would be tough to jump into the series right now with no US sx experience and be expected to live up to the expectations of a factory Kawi ride. Guys like Richier, Coulon, etc are great riders. It's just not an ideal situation imo
flarider
1/24/2011 7:29am
jtmoney wrote:
It would be tough to jump into the series right now with no US sx experience and be expected to live up to the expectations of...
It would be tough to jump into the series right now with no US sx experience and be expected to live up to the expectations of a factory Kawi ride. Guys like Richier, Coulon, etc are great riders. It's just not an ideal situation imo
What do you know about them?
Chase26
1/24/2011 7:31am
put an upcoming american rider on it instead of giving all the rides away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
easy_e
1/24/2011 7:32am
motoxxx599 wrote:
Ill take the ride! I know that H&H has nothing to do with Kawasaki (considering they buy their own bikes from Jax Motorsports) but I wonder...
Ill take the ride! I know that H&H has nothing to do with Kawasaki (considering they buy their own bikes from Jax Motorsports) but I wonder if they would let Team Kawi "borrow" Hot Sauce for a few rounds.
No way would that even be an option. How would dodge feel about sponsoring a team that let's their top rider jump ship to a different team? H&H is no second rate team and they have bikes done out by pc which I'm assuming were a little better than the ti-lube bike that Wey was riding before he was borrowed by kawi last year.
1/24/2011 8:45am
Billy Mackenzie. He deserves it. He broke his damn collarbone in his only chance to ride a factory Kawi last summer.
JackLHyde
1/24/2011 9:02am
Chase26 wrote:
put an upcoming american rider on it instead of giving all the rides away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have to agree here. Isn't Richier the guy who shits in front of the hotel rooms of his competitors?
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
1/24/2011 9:14am Edited Date/Time 1/24/2011 9:14am
Chase26 wrote:
JackLHyde wrote:
I have to agree here. Isn't Richier the guy who shits in front of the hotel rooms of his competitors?
Ok, but what U.S. rider is coming up that isn't under contract?
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
1/24/2011 9:28am
Finding a replacement rider who's in shape, ready to race, has the right sponsors, etc., ain't as easy as it used to be.

As for Pourcel, I talked to Russ Stratton this weekend, who told me, "Christophe is a highly motivated individual, and he's really motivated right now. He's also using the time off to his advantage. His stomach's better, and he's found a great doctor who has him on a new nutrition program."

I'd say look for him this summer, and better than ever.
Lightning78
1/24/2011 10:10am
motoxxx599 wrote:
Ill take the ride! I know that H&H has nothing to do with Kawasaki (considering they buy their own bikes from Jax Motorsports) but I wonder...
Given the amazing amount kawi has provided h&h (sarcasm alert) I don't think there is a snowballs chance in hell h&h would let Ivan go to fill in @ kawi not to mention thaT would be a stupid decision to let their star rider go fill in at another team when their sponsors signed on to pay for riders like Ivan to represent them on the podium ..... I would be shocked if h&h allowed that to happen would say the odds are 100 to 1 it would happen
1/24/2011 10:35am
mjskier wrote:
[b]Sounds pretty crazy those guys are turning the ride down but I think they are a bit scared of the depth of the field and the...

Sounds like it from his interview on motoverte.com. He said he thinks he had enough speed to make the main (basing it on racing against JT$) but that he didn't think he could sustain it for 20 laps.
Besides that he was a bit vague, but he did mention that he was 27. How old is that in SX years?
that would make him 92 yrs old I think. Silly
Xavier
1/24/2011 10:46am
GuyB wrote:
Finding a replacement rider who's in shape, ready to race, has the right sponsors, etc., ain't as easy as it used to be. As for Pourcel...
Finding a replacement rider who's in shape, ready to race, has the right sponsors, etc., ain't as easy as it used to be.

As for Pourcel, I talked to Russ Stratton this weekend, who told me, "Christophe is a highly motivated individual, and he's really motivated right now. He's also using the time off to his advantage. His stomach's better, and he's found a great doctor who has him on a new nutrition program."

Fabien Izoird is that guy.
mjskier
1/24/2011 12:39pm
I'm changing tunes. I think it is money (or lack of) related.
A few weeks ago he said "Nobody has contacted me yet, but if Mike Fisher calls me to offer me Weimer's bike, I sign right away".
My theory is that he was offered a result based package, and he is smart enough to realize that it was going to be a losing proposition.
Ride154
1/27/2011 1:21pm
Why not Matt Boni?
Dirtydane
1/27/2011 1:28pm
Ride154 wrote:
Why not Matt Boni?
Btw, what is Matt doing now days?
Ddavis
1/27/2011 1:38pm
Ride154 wrote:
Why not Matt Boni?
Dirtydane wrote:
TiLube Kawasaki #50

Put Bruce Ruthaford on it, I think he can qualify for a main event on it. He rides 450's better than 250fs anyways.
TeamGreen
1/27/2011 1:44pm
Ride154 wrote:
Why not Matt Boni?
Dirtydane wrote:
Ddavis wrote:
TiLube Kawasaki #50

Put Bruce Ruthaford on it, I think he can qualify for a main event on it. He rides 450's better than 250fs anyways.
Bingo...

Put the kid from Pala on it.

He's been makin' the mains in the Lites and he's NOT on a Hot-Rod.

A TRUE PRIVATEER!
peelout
1/27/2011 1:45pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2011 1:46pm
GuyB wrote:
Finding a replacement rider who's in shape, ready to race, has the right sponsors, etc., ain't as easy as it used to be. As for Pourcel...

thanks for that, Steve.

having a talent like pourcel not out there is a sad sight. hope that is true and he will come back better and stronger. looking forward to seeing him on a 450
rgmx-49
1/27/2011 1:46pm
what about matt georke?
RickLeY
Fantasy
2719th
1/27/2011 1:54pm
JLAW !
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
1/27/2011 1:55pm
rgmx-49 wrote:
what about matt georke?
You mean the Matt Goerke that got hurt, which is why he's not riding for TiLube?
bogdan912
1/27/2011 1:56pm
rgmx-49 wrote:
what about matt georke?
GuyB wrote:
You mean the Matt Goerke that got hurt, which is why he's not riding for TiLube?
yea that one

Post a reply to: Richier declines Wiemer's ride

The Latest