Reverse intake DRT kawasaki 250f

36Wheeler
Edited Date/Time 3/7/2018 3:54am
So I was listening to the pulpmx show last night and Zach Osborne mentioned that the Dixon Race Team are using a heavily modified kx250f in the GPs this year which have a reverse intake ie. like a Yamaha... Does anyone have any pics or any more info on these machines the likes of Sanayei are riding?
|
Idp57
Fantasy
2612th
3/6/2018 5:28am
WE need some good pictures and info for sure.I all ready posted in another threat Smile
.kyle
3/6/2018 6:35am
I wonder if they are using a Yamaha design, or doing what TM bikes have.
280driver
3/6/2018 7:16am
36Wheeler wrote:
So I was listening to the pulpmx show last night and Zach Osborne mentioned that the Dixon Race Team are using a heavily modified kx250f in...
So I was listening to the pulpmx show last night and Zach Osborne mentioned that the Dixon Race Team are using a heavily modified kx250f in the GPs this year which have a reverse intake ie. like a Yamaha... Does anyone have any pics or any more info on these machines the likes of Sanayei are riding?
DRT has the bike on Instagram and I️ see no noticeable difference in the motor.

The Shop

36Wheeler
3/6/2018 7:56am
280driver wrote:
DRT has the bike on Instagram and I️ see no noticeable difference in the motor.
just looked at the insta post. even though the pics arent large enough you can clearly see that the fuel tank (or where the fuel tank used to be) has been modified and turned into some kind of air scoop. Notice the split line between the radiator shroud and the 'fuel tank' definitely isnt the same as an '18 kxf250

36Wheeler
3/6/2018 8:10am
Appears to still be an airbox in the normal location. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/03/06/247777/s1200_28336186_10155016179660518_8664740723946567231_o.jpg[/img]
Appears to still be an airbox in the normal location.

Thats true. perhaps Osborne was slightly off on his info and they are simply ram-air intake scoops which lead back to the regular airbox. That is unless the bikes they ran in Argentina are different to these ones on instagram.
3/6/2018 8:24am
Yup, they are definitely scoops. I'm guessing they have them plumbed into a modified airbox. If they were going for a true ram intake, wouldn't they need to plug up the openings at the rear of the bike so that the air doesn't just pass through?
3/6/2018 8:26am
Regular air boot in the back, exhaust exiting in the front. Can't explain the scoops though, probably bringing more air to the air box.
3/6/2018 9:00am
Anyone remember those fire breathing Yamaha cosworths that Dixon use to supply for his riders, more bhps than the ktms!!
3/7/2018 1:57am
Anyone remember those fire breathing Yamaha cosworths that Dixon use to supply for his riders, more bhps than the ktms!!
I remember, i used to drool over those bikes back then. Mean sounding machines!
36Wheeler
3/7/2018 3:00am
I distinctly remember Max Anstie blowing them up on an almost weekly basis. They were the fastest machines on the grid if they didn't break down though!
HenryA
3/7/2018 3:16am
36Wheeler wrote:
I distinctly remember Max Anstie blowing them up on an almost weekly basis. They were the fastest machines on the grid if they didn't break down...
I distinctly remember Max Anstie blowing them up on an almost weekly basis. They were the fastest machines on the grid if they didn't break down though!
Hahaha thats what I remember too. 3-speed dragsters that blew up all the time
philG
3/7/2018 3:29am
They were revved that hard that they wouldn't do 2 days on a Camchain, they had to be changed overnight on the Saturday

Osborne used to need cases after every 2 GP's as they cracked and distorted.

They approached Ilmor when I worked there to become a technical partner,but we declined, as the money wasn't there up front , and we were not interested in the aftermarket side of development, so they went with Cosworth.

Was quite funny saying Hi to Steve Dixon when he was being shown round, took my manager by surprise that anyone would know him.

Fair to say Steve , and the term 'push the envelope' are often used in the same sentence.
Jrewing
3/7/2018 3:54am
philG wrote:
They were revved that hard that they wouldn't do 2 days on a Camchain, they had to be changed overnight on the Saturday Osborne used to...
They were revved that hard that they wouldn't do 2 days on a Camchain, they had to be changed overnight on the Saturday

Osborne used to need cases after every 2 GP's as they cracked and distorted.

They approached Ilmor when I worked there to become a technical partner,but we declined, as the money wasn't there up front , and we were not interested in the aftermarket side of development, so they went with Cosworth.

Was quite funny saying Hi to Steve Dixon when he was being shown round, took my manager by surprise that anyone would know him.

Fair to say Steve , and the term 'push the envelope' are often used in the same sentence.
Pretty cool.

Post a reply to: Reverse intake DRT kawasaki 250f

The Latest