Rev Up quote...this is rich

jaeckle
9/2/2010 1:08pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 1:54am
Straight from Andy Bowyers mouth:

"I became a Brett Metcalfe believer when he ponied up to the 450 class for outdoors 2010, and now I'm a legitimate fan after he smoked Ryan Dungey at Southwick last weekend."

Anyone have any insights to the motivation behind that dumbass statement? Dungey done with RX? Suzuki pulled all advertising?

Dungey went 1-1. How did he get "smoked"?

Wow. Major editorial failure at Racer X.
|
Wandell
9/2/2010 1:10pm
Maybe he was smoking something!Woohoo
pitbike502
9/2/2010 1:14pm
well he didnt smoke him, but he gave him a run for his money
rc4187
9/2/2010 1:15pm
having gas in your bike is an unfair advantage though
BobbyM
9/2/2010 1:16pm
jaeckle wrote:
Straight from Andy Bowyers mouth: "I became a Brett Metcalfe believer when he ponied up to the 450 class for outdoors 2010, and now I'm a...

"I became a Brett Metcalfe believer when he ponied up to the 450 class for outdoors 2010, and now I'm a legitimate fan after he smoked Ryan Dungey at Southwick last weekend."

Anyone have any insights to the motivation behind that dumbass statement? Dungey done with RX? Suzuki pulled all advertising?

"I became a Brett Metcalfe believer when he ponied up to the 450 class for outdoors 2010, and now I'm a legitimate fan after he smoked Ryan Dungey at Southwick last weekend." for most of the race but ran out of gas.

The Shop

yamahaha131
9/2/2010 1:19pm
I didn't watch the first moto, but I would assume he was referring to the fact that Metcalfe was one of the few to step up and challenge Dungey until he ran out of gas...literally. Maybe could have chose a better word than "smoked" but he made a few bold statements in that column.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
806th
9/2/2010 1:19pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2010 1:20pm
Hyperbole

hy·per·bo·le

   /haɪˈpɜrbəli/ Show Spelled[hahy-pur-buh-lee] Show IPA

–noun Rhetoric .

1. obvious and intentional exaggeration.

2. an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as “to wait an eternity.”

Origin:

1520–30; < Gk hyperbolḗ excess, exaggeration, throwing beyond, equiv. to hyper- hyper- + bolḗ throw

—Synonyms

2. overstatement.

—Antonyms

2. understatement.

Gardner37
9/2/2010 1:27pm
Pretty lame, but most Rev up's are lame anyways.
swizcore
Hyperbole never comes across in print.
jeffro756
GrapeApe wrote:
Hyperbole hy·per·bo·le    /haɪˈpɜrbəli/ Show Spelled[hahy-pur-buh-lee] Show IPA –noun Rhetoric . 1. obvious and intentional exaggeration. 2. an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended...
Hyperbole

hy·per·bo·le

–noun Rhetoric .

2. an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as “to wait an eternity.”

Origin:

1520–30; < Gk hyperbolḗ excess, exaggeration, throwing beyond, equiv. to hyper- hyper- + bolḗ throw

—Synonyms

2. overstatement.

—Antonyms

2. understatement.

TFS is that you?
M-M
9/2/2010 1:30pm
The same guy that thought gp riders only did one race. Keep that guy away from doing anything.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
806th
9/2/2010 1:36pm
GrapeApe wrote:
Hyperbole hy·per·bo·le    /haɪˈpɜrbəli/ Show Spelled[hahy-pur-buh-lee] Show IPA –noun Rhetoric . 1. obvious and intentional exaggeration. 2. an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended...
Hyperbole

hy·per·bo·le

–noun Rhetoric .

Origin:

—Synonyms

2. overstatement.

—Antonyms

2. understatement.

jeffro756 wrote:
TFS is that you?
If I was TFS I would have merely hinted at the fact that I know what form of figurative language he was using, yet refused to offer any clarification or reveal any information. Smile
9/2/2010 1:38pm
fucking hilarious - I watched the race, "Smoked" isn't the most appropriate word to describe that battle.

But Metty looked like he was going to go on to win the moto.
jeffro756
9/2/2010 1:46pm
GrapeApe wrote:
If I was TFS I would have merely hinted at the fact that I know what form of figurative language he was using, yet refused to...
If I was TFS I would have merely hinted at the fact that I know what form of figurative language he was using, yet refused to offer any clarification or reveal any information. Smile
...and you would have mentioned seatbouncing and nasa.
jaeckle
9/2/2010 1:47pm
jaeckle wrote:
Straight from Andy Bowyers mouth: "I became a Brett Metcalfe believer when he ponied up to the 450 class for outdoors 2010, and now I'm a...

BobbyM wrote:
[i]"I became a Brett Metcalfe believer when he ponied up to the 450 class for outdoors 2010, and now I'm a legitimate fan after he smoked...
"I became a Brett Metcalfe believer when he ponied up to the 450 class for outdoors 2010, and now I'm a legitimate fan after he smoked Ryan Dungey at Southwick last weekend." for most of the race but ran out of gas.
And were did you get that quote? Typed it yourself? Classic.

Link:

http://www.racerxonline.com/article/thursday-rev-up-steel-city-9-2-10.a…
WhKnuckle
9/2/2010 1:53pm
(1) Dungey may have been hanging back some because he had no tearoffs, but
(2) Metcalf did ride great and would have won if he hadn't run out of gas with 1/2 lap to go.

The fact is, Dungey had settled for second and the heavens parted and lightning struck and he wound up winning. I'd say that was a hell of a ride for Metcalf.
jaeckle
9/2/2010 1:56pm
jaeckle wrote:

BobbyM wrote:
[i]"I became a Brett Metcalfe believer when he ponied up to the 450 class for outdoors 2010, and now I'm a legitimate fan after he smoked...
Come clean dude. Why did you do that? What is your motivation? Why cover shit up? Why lie? You go to hell for that. Why do you think you are smarter than the rest of the people on the board? You got busted posting false information that you made up yourself. What do you have to say for yourself now cumguzler? Mr spearmbeard? etc. You have ripped new asses into thousands of mx fans over the years. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I am going to enjoy this thread.
Sanchez
9/2/2010 1:56pm
Since we're having such a fruitful discussion on wordsmithing, my interpretation is that Andy was referring to the three or four puffs of fuel vapor smoke that came from Metty's exhaust just before his bike ran out of gas. Yeah, that's it.
jaeckle
9/2/2010 1:59pm
Come on Bob. Lets hear why you lied.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
806th
9/2/2010 2:00pm
jaeckle wrote:
Come clean dude. Why did you do that? What is your motivation? Why cover shit up? Why lie? You go to hell for that. Why do...
Come clean dude. Why did you do that? What is your motivation? Why cover shit up? Why lie? You go to hell for that. Why do you think you are smarter than the rest of the people on the board? You got busted posting false information that you made up yourself. What do you have to say for yourself now cumguzler? Mr spearmbeard? etc. You have ripped new asses into thousands of mx fans over the years. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I am going to enjoy this thread.
When your emotions overcome your logic to a point you no longer make any sense, it's time to back away from the keyboard for a while. You let BobbyM get under your skin, you lose.
mccread
9/2/2010 2:03pm
M-M wrote:
The same guy that thought gp riders only did one race. Keep that guy away from doing anything.
And also said Desalle's performance was only a one -off at Unadilla and that lots of guys can go fast for one race... I take it he hasn't been watching the GPs all year- Desalle goes that speed every week!
WhKnuckle
9/2/2010 2:17pm
jaeckle wrote:

BobbyM wrote:
jaeckle wrote:
Come clean dude. Why did you do that? What is your motivation? Why cover shit up? Why lie? You go to hell for that. Why do...
Funny, when I read BobbyM's post, I thought, yep, that's what happened. Then I read your post and...WTF? What the hell are you talking about?

Please tell us you're on hard drugs. Then it'll all make sense.
peelout719
9/2/2010 2:29pm
dungey wasn't close enough to sniff metcalfe's farts for most of the moto. he was getting smoked.

right on, Bowyer
jaeckle
9/2/2010 2:32pm
BobbyM wrote:
jaeckle wrote:
WhKnuckle wrote:
Funny, when I read BobbyM's post, I thought, yep, that's what happened. Then I read your post and...WTF? What the hell are you talking about? Please...
Funny, when I read BobbyM's post, I thought, yep, that's what happened. Then I read your post and...WTF? What the hell are you talking about?

Read BobbyM's post. Read the direct link. BobbyM lied. He changed the words. That is the point. You must be on drugs to have missed that.
txmxer
9/2/2010 2:34pm
jaeckle wrote:
WhKnuckle wrote:
Funny, when I read BobbyM's post, I thought, yep, that's what happened. Then I read your post and...WTF? What the hell are you talking about? Please...

jaeckle wrote:
Read BobbyM's post. Read the direct link. BobbyM lied. He changed the words. That is the point. You must be on drugs to have missed that.

actually, the additional words from BM aren't within the quotes unless it was edited at some point.
WhKnuckle
9/2/2010 2:36pm
jaeckle wrote:
WhKnuckle wrote:

jaeckle wrote:
Yeah, that's why he put part of it in italics and the rest in normal font. That way, those of us without impaired vision can see what part he added.
9/2/2010 2:40pm
jaeckle wrote:
Come on Bob. Lets hear why you lied.
What did he lie about?
DanDunes818
9/2/2010 2:44pm
jaeckle wrote:
WhKnuckle wrote:

jaeckle wrote:
jaekle you really are on one lately. Relax brother. It's really not all that serious on here. If I ever took this place too seriously I'd want to kill the world.
FastEddy
Fantasy
955th
9/2/2010 2:49pm
jaeckle wrote:

" Major editorial failure at Racer X."

How about an opinionated article?

Seems like,Andy pretty much writes what he wants/whats on his mind.
I think he does a good job and I always enjoy reading his stuff.
You must also,if you read it weekly....
So why even go there when you dam well know it is opinionated?

SLAPAHO
Fantasy
648th
9/2/2010 2:51pm
OMG, Bobby lied!! He changed my post, he lied! Look everybody, HE LIED!

geeezussss

Post a reply to: Rev Up quote...this is rich

The Latest