+Respect to Cooper Webb on Pulp

Scull79
11/1/2018 9:40am
Agree. He sounded very humble in his interview and seems to be going about everything the right way. Hope to see a renewed Webb this year.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2298th
11/1/2018 9:55am
+1. He knows his place, he wants to learn. He's got the best people around him. I think we could see great things from him. I'm a fan!
slowgti
11/1/2018 9:59am
It's good to hear him talk, and not his ego talking for him
Donovan759
11/1/2018 10:06am
He's no Justin "The Future" Cooper, but I can appreciate him a bit more after listening to that Pulp episode.

The Shop

11/1/2018 10:35am
He raced locally around here in the southeast. Very honest, humble kid. Fast af tho. Always look forward to seeing him race now in the big time! *Side note: we never know the real person behind the image portrayed on TV. We do seem to form our own opinions about them all though! js
11/1/2018 11:38am
Mossy wrote:
I gotta say, listening to Coop on the last PulpMx podcast made me rethink how I looked at him. To be honest, I went from really...
I gotta say, listening to Coop on the last PulpMx podcast made me rethink how I looked at him. To be honest, I went from really liking him when he rode the 250 to not being too fond of him, more so feeling neutral and shaking my head when he did bad or fell. Dry

Steve definitely asked all the right questions, and i also want to say how amazing of an interviewer Steve is. Coop came on, as what seemed maybe feeling a bit uncomfortable, and Steve just knows what to say, got him comfortable and he opened up. Note what he said about how he and Marv talked about all the BS between them, and coop is really being the bigger guy. Cool

I’m excited to see what the guy can do in 2019, not expecting to see him win the championship, but do well and build skill for 2020. I like how they also said how RC did horrible his first 2 premiere class seasons, and then whooped everybody. Grinning

Who knows what coop can do, but he definitely got my respect back after that interview, and he will be fun to watch. Smile
So agree, it was a great interview ! Thanks Steve.

I really like coop since the 250 day as he is a real warrior on the bike and i hope he will be right in the mix on the katoom. Wish him good for 2019 !
Frank
11/1/2018 11:45am
X2 - great to see Coop humble himself and admit he is not on Marv's level. Hope he can at least complete a full season and finish top 10 in SX and top 5 in MX.
ktmdan
11/1/2018 12:19pm
Kinda seemed to me that he still had a slight grudge with Marv. I didn't care for his demeanor when he raced 250 but I root for him now. I felt the same way about barcia and now he's one of my favorites.
billyp330
11/1/2018 12:25pm
Mossy wrote:
I gotta say, listening to Coop on the last PulpMx podcast made me rethink how I looked at him. To be honest, I went from really...
I gotta say, listening to Coop on the last PulpMx podcast made me rethink how I looked at him. To be honest, I went from really liking him when he rode the 250 to not being too fond of him, more so feeling neutral and shaking my head when he did bad or fell. Dry

Steve definitely asked all the right questions, and i also want to say how amazing of an interviewer Steve is. Coop came on, as what seemed maybe feeling a bit uncomfortable, and Steve just knows what to say, got him comfortable and he opened up. Note what he said about how he and Marv talked about all the BS between them, and coop is really being the bigger guy. Cool

I’m excited to see what the guy can do in 2019, not expecting to see him win the championship, but do well and build skill for 2020. I like how they also said how RC did horrible his first 2 premiere class seasons, and then whooped everybody. Grinning

Who knows what coop can do, but he definitely got my respect back after that interview, and he will be fun to watch. Smile
His comparison to RC's first 2 years premiere class is pretty far off.
RC 1st year Premiere (1999 SX)
*Top 5s - 2
'*Podiums - 0
*Wins - 0
16th in points
RC 2nd year (2000 SX)
*Top 5s - 11
*Podiums - 6
*Wins - 1
5th in points

Webb 1st year Premiere (2017 SX)
*Top 5s - 2
*Podiums - 1
*Wins - 0
*13th in points

Webb 2nd year Premiere (2018 SX)
*Top 5s - 3
*Podiums - 1
*Wins - 0
*9th in points

RC 1st year Premiere (2000 MX, he raced 125 MX in 1999) he pretty much dominates and wins the title. 2nd year 2001 MX he dominates again and wins title.

Webb had 4 top 5s in 2017 MX, no podiums or wins and gets 8th in points. 2nd year 2018 he got 1 top 5 and no podiums or wins and got 9th in points.

Really only their first season in SX are similar.
Myke
Fantasy
2861st
11/1/2018 12:29pm
Yup he was very honest with his answers.
H4L
11/1/2018 1:01pm
I'm from a different gen.. Words don't carry any weight "actions speak louder than words". Time will tell if he can deliver the goods.
mumbles
Fantasy
676th
11/1/2018 2:42pm
Cooper was at the Long Beach Motorcycle Show a couple years ago right after he won everything before moving up to the 450s. He was sitting at a table with Josh Herrin from road racing. Nobody was in line for an autograph. I introduced myself and we started talking about his success, North Carolina (I lived there during my HS years), surfing and even my shoes. He seemed really happy to talk to someone. We talked for about 10 minutes. I thought on TV he came across a little to arrogant and cocky, but after talking to him I came away from there with a completely different attitude about him. He was humble, genuine and seemed to really care about what I said. I enjoyed the conversation. I think he just has a burning desire to win.

I must say I have been disappointed in his 450 rides so far but I really feel he will figure it out and be a front runner. I wish him the best and will be pulling for him.
davistld01
11/1/2018 3:05pm
Well some competitive rivalry is good within a team...usually, but I hope he's over any beef he might have had with Marvin. Marvin has proven himself to be a championship contender, and Coop has proven that he is (so far) anything but that. He'd do well to watch and learn. I've never been a fan of his..pretty much pegged him for a jackass from the old "cigarette in his mouth" stunt a few years ago...but I hope he proves me wrong. I hope he learns how to put that KTM in the top-5.
shuggs
11/1/2018 3:12pm
+1. He knows his place, he wants to learn. He's got the best people around him. I think we could see great things from him. I'm...
+1. He knows his place, he wants to learn. He's got the best people around him. I think we could see great things from him. I'm a fan!
This, have never been a fan but hate to see wasted talent so hope he improves the next couple of years.
H4L
11/1/2018 3:56pm
shuggs wrote:
This, have never been a fan but hate to see wasted talent so hope he improves the next couple of years.
Not a fan as well due to how arrogant he came across & not knowing him. No doubt the kid has some talent, but from my point of view it appears to be from the neck up at this point. After moving up to the big boy class he got served some humble pie. Hopefully he can put it together since he's getting a fresh start with a new team.
11/2/2018 8:03pm Edited Date/Time 11/2/2018 8:04pm
I don’t remember what 250 national but late in the moto Webb scrubbed a jump and passed A Mart(I think) for 1st in the air - Martin looked over at Webb flying by like WTF and just had nothing for him after that. Maybe some member can set me straight on what race I’m thinking of. I would also like to see him up front in the 450 class mixing it up.
11/3/2018 12:10am
+1. He knows his place, he wants to learn. He's got the best people around him. I think we could see great things from him. I'm...
My interpretation from the interview was KTM expects him to be the second guy on the team and Webb knows that is KTMs expectations, but he expects to be the number one guy soon.

Expecting him to do well this year. Think he will be on the podium consistently.
11/3/2018 12:14am Edited Date/Time 11/3/2018 12:21am
I don’t remember what 250 national but late in the moto Webb scrubbed a jump and passed A Mart(I think) for 1st in the air -...
I don’t remember what 250 national but late in the moto Webb scrubbed a jump and passed A Mart(I think) for 1st in the air - Martin looked over at Webb flying by like WTF and just had nothing for him after that. Maybe some member can set me straight on what race I’m thinking of. I would also like to see him up front in the 450 class mixing it up.
Muddy Creek?
Helda
11/3/2018 2:06am
Massive AC fan so this isn't a dig at AC but AC and Webb battled as amateurs and AC is still inthe 250 classes with no titles yet.

Webb is doing just fine he will come into his own.
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
2109th
11/3/2018 4:44am
Helda wrote:
Massive AC fan so this isn't a dig at AC but AC and Webb battled as amateurs and AC is still inthe 250 classes with no...
Massive AC fan so this isn't a dig at AC but AC and Webb battled as amateurs and AC is still inthe 250 classes with no titles yet.

Webb is doing just fine he will come into his own.
Most of the haters can't stand logical thinking like that!
Fourth_Floor
11/3/2018 5:50am
I'm sure travel and location of the riders are the reasons, but man I wish these podcasts were video podcasts with the guests actually in the studio.
Johnny Ringo
11/3/2018 9:20am
He’ll be the top finishing KTM rider this year
11/3/2018 10:02am
I’ll be honest I only made it a few minutes in and couldn’t stand him being so awkward.
milliebays
11/5/2018 3:33pm
so many pros are boring as fuck.

NO YEA FOR SURE.

YEA NO FOR SURE.

k. thx.
ridge
11/5/2018 7:18pm
davistld01 wrote:
Well some competitive rivalry is good within a team...usually, but I hope he's over any beef he might have had with Marvin. Marvin has proven himself...
Well some competitive rivalry is good within a team...usually, but I hope he's over any beef he might have had with Marvin. Marvin has proven himself to be a championship contender, and Coop has proven that he is (so far) anything but that. He'd do well to watch and learn. I've never been a fan of his..pretty much pegged him for a jackass from the old "cigarette in his mouth" stunt a few years ago...but I hope he proves me wrong. I hope he learns how to put that KTM in the top-5.
I like Marv and Coop. But to say Coop isn't a title contender...only one of them is allowed a single digit.

Is Cooper training with Aldon? Everyone (except Roczen) knows Aldon produces champions. If Cooper is getting mentally trained by Aldon, I'd have to say he will be a strong contender. Cooper strikes me as the kind of guy with so much desire, he would do anything Aldon tells him.

We all know moto is a huge mental game. If Cooper gets his head on straight, everybody else is in trouble.

We all know there are a few riders that would crush it with the right mindset, but how many are training with such a proven guy?
Johnny Ringo
11/5/2018 7:20pm
davistld01 wrote:
Well some competitive rivalry is good within a team...usually, but I hope he's over any beef he might have had with Marvin. Marvin has proven himself...
ridge wrote:
I like Marv and Coop. But to say Coop isn't a title contender...only one of them is allowed a single digit. Is Cooper training with Aldon...
I like Marv and Coop. But to say Coop isn't a title contender...only one of them is allowed a single digit.

Is Cooper training with Aldon? Everyone (except Roczen) knows Aldon produces champions. If Cooper is getting mentally trained by Aldon, I'd have to say he will be a strong contender. Cooper strikes me as the kind of guy with so much desire, he would do anything Aldon tells him.

We all know moto is a huge mental game. If Cooper gets his head on straight, everybody else is in trouble.

We all know there are a few riders that would crush it with the right mindset, but how many are training with such a proven guy?
To be fair, I think Anderson and Wacko are the only champs Aldon has “produced”
ridge
11/5/2018 7:25pm
To be fair, I think Anderson and Wacko are the only champs Aldon has “produced”
Yeah, I hear ya. But look at the champions that went on to multiple (almost dominating) championships after signing on with him? He's got some magic for sure.

Post a reply to: +Respect to Cooper Webb on Pulp

The Latest