Reports from the Carolinas

dkg
9/15/2018 10:59pm Edited Date/Time 9/18/2018 7:15am
Haven’t heard much, hoping all are doing well.
|
wreckitrandy
9/16/2018 1:41am
It's 4:45 am here in Lenoir, NC. Breezy and cool. Misting a bit. Not much to speak of here,,,yet.
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
2109th
9/16/2018 3:25am
Its very bad man. From New Bern NC south has been devastated! Some awful flooding and its just getting started! The storm pushed water up the rivers and flooded many areas. Now it has rained for 3 or 4 days straight. Over 30" of rain in some spots. So now the water has to come back down the rivers! It may be worse than Floyd or Matthew! Thank The Lord we are safe. I have a good friend, who used to be big in womens MX, that lives in New Bern and they have lost everything! It's bad, real bad....
9/16/2018 8:31am
Were about 50 miles west of Charlotte, we have been getting hammered with rain today and up to 30mph wind gust. We are still ok with power and no flooding yet, but I'm sure it's coming. We have at least 36 more hours of solid rain it looks like.

The Shop

Zesiger 112
Fantasy
1835th
9/16/2018 9:59am Edited Date/Time 9/16/2018 10:27am
It's 4:45 am here in Lenoir, NC. Breezy and cool. Misting a bit. Not much to speak of here,,,yet.
I'm in Kinston. Fine where I'm at but I'm pretty much locked in by flooding right now. We get it twice, flash flooding in the creeks and and river then flooding a few days later.
The number of road wash outs are numerous.
newmann
9/16/2018 10:35am
Stay safe guys and get ready to kick some ass when the waters recede. If you didn’t suffer any damage, go out and find someone that did and lend a hand. Contractors will be in short supply and it can get overwhelming real quick. Wet houses need to be cleaned out and gutted immediately before mold issues start.
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
1835th
9/16/2018 10:38am
Here are a few around me. I haven't seen anything from the coast because it is still restricted access. I imagine the destruction there will be seen in the coming days. Photos below are only flash flooding, the river will rise later this week.

StretchASU
9/16/2018 11:51am
North of Durham, nothing but some wind and rain. Had some friends from Beaufort staying with us since Tuesday, they left this morning to try and start the push back. At the in-laws farm outside Mt. Airy we were getting a lot of rain when I came back around noon. The fork of the Dan that cuts thru the farm was up a little and climbing. We are lucky in comparison to some areas of NC.
flatout111
9/16/2018 12:11pm
Thanks for checking on us, guys. We're about 30 Minutes from Raleigh. We are safe, some damage to roof and a bad leak in kitchen, some trees down but compared to a lot of people in NC we are fine. No power and most of major roads such as 40, 95, etc shut down.
dkg
9/16/2018 12:14pm
What a mess. Stay safe guys.
wreckitrandy
9/16/2018 4:07pm
Just got word from a friend in Wilmington that it's really bad. He had drone footage of his community. His home is ok but, every street is a river. The entire city is essentially cut off with no way in or out.
Roostermx58
9/16/2018 4:45pm
Durham didn't get it too bad. Just some power outages and wind/heavy rain. No major flooding here. My brother lives in Wilmington and didn't fare as well. They lost their dock and had some big trees fall across their driveway and one coming inches from their house but nothing major as of now. We are going to start the clean up as soon as the water subsides over the next couple of days. Could have been a lot worse in the Carolinas but prayers to the families that lost love ones due to Florence.
lisenbyjacob
9/16/2018 4:50pm
ClubMX in Chesterfield, SC

Yeah my family is in Chesterfield and sent me some videos. It's pretty crazy down there.
olds cool
9/16/2018 4:58pm
45 mi NW of Charlotte. Just down the road from wreckitrandy and just a few miles from JGR track. Steady rain since yesterday afternoon but nothing torrential...yet. Hopefully 'ole Flo will pass on through without really dumping it down here. Still have power. Nothing here like Hugo was in '89 but I am thankful for that. The threat of flooding will be with us for a while as the storm turns and goes up through the mountains. I am at the bottom of the mountains, so it's going to be flowing this way for a while. Very fortunate so far. I love the coast but am thankful I don't live down there. Those folks are in a bad way. Prayers to everybody down there.
9/16/2018 5:08pm
Olds cool, looks like I'm not that far from you. Just moved here in May from MI. I've never seen rain like this, my rain gauge is showing 8.5". Some power outages around here, Feeling fortunate it isn't as bad as the East Coast. Prayers to those folks.
olds cool
9/16/2018 5:27pm
Olds cool, looks like I'm not that far from you. Just moved here in May from MI. I've never seen rain like this, my rain gauge...
Olds cool, looks like I'm not that far from you. Just moved here in May from MI. I've never seen rain like this, my rain gauge is showing 8.5". Some power outages around here, Feeling fortunate it isn't as bad as the East Coast. Prayers to those folks.
So far we have been very lucky here but we are in the area north and east of where the tracking has been showing the storm making it's turn towards the north. If that's what it actually does, we are in line to get a double dose. The run off from the mountains will be the next problem.

What town are you in or near openwheel? I'm guessing Mooresville?
9/16/2018 5:59pm

Im 20 minutes south of yall and it sux here. Been without power since friday afternoon, Duke doesnt seem to concerned about restoring anything. All my neighbors on PeeDee electric have had power through most of this.
9/16/2018 6:03pm
Olds cool, looks like I'm not that far from you. Just moved here in May from MI. I've never seen rain like this, my rain gauge...
olds cool wrote:
So far we have been very lucky here but we are in the area north and east of where the tracking has been showing the storm...
So far we have been very lucky here but we are in the area north and east of where the tracking has been showing the storm making it's turn towards the north. If that's what it actually does, we are in line to get a double dose. The run off from the mountains will be the next problem.

What town are you in or near openwheel? I'm guessing Mooresville?
Just west of Mooresville in Sherrills Ford.
olds cool
9/16/2018 6:24pm
Sherrills Ford is in my back yard! You're probably 10-15 min away. I'm on the west side of Bandys HS.
kx254f
9/16/2018 6:32pm
Any word on JWTF? Hoping all is okay but it doesnt sound good.
9/16/2018 6:35pm
olds cool wrote:
Sherrills Ford is in my back yard! You're probably 10-15 min away. I'm on the west side of Bandys HS.
My oldest just started at Bandy's. Where are some good riding spots nearby ?
lumpy790
9/16/2018 6:38pm
Lucky down here below Charlotte. Power just came back on. Winds & 7-8 inches of rain in about 36 hours. Neighbors Tree lost a limb and landed on our fence. Not as bad as it could have been.
olds cool
9/16/2018 6:56pm
olds cool wrote:
Daniels Ridge in Taylorsville is about 35-40 min away. Brushy Mtn Motorsports Park is in Taylorsville also. 421 MX is about an hour. Center Road is north of Statesville off I-77. Club MX to the south. I used to have a track out back but it's all grown over because I have been in Grandpa mode for the last few years, helping kids remodel their homes and life in general has sidetracked my riding. Hoping to turn that around soon though!
wreckitrandy
9/16/2018 6:58pm
olds cool wrote:
Silver Creek has opened back up on a limited basis. Check their interweb thingy. You guys do any dualsportin'?
9/16/2018 7:01pm
olds cool wrote:
Silver Creek has opened back up on a limited basis. Check their interweb thingy. You guys do any dualsportin'?
Just sold my Super Moto before moving down here. But I'm always looking for anything motorcycle related.
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
2109th
9/17/2018 2:56am
kx254f wrote:
Have not seen a post from them on FB but the area got it pretty bad! I think most of his stuff would have been on high ground, I heard they may have went north until the storm is over! God Bless them and that entire area, it is bad!!!
olds cool
9/17/2018 3:48am Edited Date/Time 9/17/2018 4:13am
Looks like the storm turned north through the central part of the state before it got to my area. Late last night on the Weather Channel they were talking about it heading towards or through the Martinsville, Va area. Still raining here early this morning though.

Edit: The rain has stopped! Hope it's over.
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
1835th
9/17/2018 4:03am
kx254f wrote:
sgrimmxdad wrote:
Have not seen a post from them on FB but the area got it pretty bad! I think most of his stuff would have been on...
Have not seen a post from them on FB but the area got it pretty bad! I think most of his stuff would have been on high ground, I heard they may have went north until the storm is over! God Bless them and that entire area, it is bad!!!
They have a creek just behind the facility, I'd imagine most of their stuff is alright. Track is probably washed pretty bad.
Yeah I did see their rig heading out before the storm, rv and trailer.

Post a reply to: Reports from the Carolinas

The Latest