Rent a cars

Related:
Create New Tag

7/4/2021 12:22 AM

Holy Moly, guess I'm late to the party and did not realize the HUGE jump in rental prices.

Looking for one to take to a race coming up and was shocked! blink

Got the hotel 🏨, need a car. Any suggestions?
Thanks

|

7/4/2021 5:12 AM

G-man wrote:

Holy Moly, guess I'm late to the party and did not realize the HUGE jump in rental prices.

Looking for one to take to a race ...more

At the minimum, use your Costco discount or any possible work sponsored discounts available.

I saved almost half on the “rate” a few weeks ago in Palm Springs, but it almost seemed like the taxes and fees were charged as if I were paying list price…….

Priceline is a decent option as long as you are somewhat flexible with what car you get.

|

7/4/2021 6:47 AM

One day Uhaul van

|

7/4/2021 6:52 AM

Dual-Sport it!

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

7/4/2021 7:05 AM

G-man wrote:

I can’t remember the name of the app, but it works like Air B&B, you look in the app for cars in the area you are going, and you rent cars from people who listed their cars, half the price.

Rental cars have gone through the roof because of the shortage, rental companies have to sell off cars after so many years because of insurance, but nobody knew covid would cause a car shortage.

|

7/4/2021 7:14 AM

My girls Dad has a hookup at Enterprise. We got a car for Red Bud. What's expensive if you don't mind me asking?

|

7/4/2021 7:17 AM

G-man wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:

I can’t remember the name of the app, but it works like Air B&B, you look in the app for cars in the area you are going, ...more

Turo?

|

7/4/2021 7:51 AM

G-man wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:

I can’t remember the name of the app, but it works like Air B&B, you look in the app for cars in the area you are going, ...more

1911 wrote:

Turo?

Turo has worked great for me. Keep in mind your car insurance normally will not cover these type of rentals though.

|

7/4/2021 9:01 AM

I rent cars every week for work. Subcompacts were $25-40 per day on average and are now they are $90-110 per day. SUVs are $300+ a day in most places.

|

7/4/2021 10:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/4/2021 10:25 AM

Saw an article a few months ago addressing the COVID-driven rental car shortage, and subsequent increase in rental prices in Hawaii. At the time, the cheapest subcompact on either the Big Island or Maui was over $700 per day. It mentioned that many tourists were opting for those $19.95 UHaul rental pickup trucks instead. Brilliant!

|

7/4/2021 10:32 AM

They sold all their cars last year to keep making money and now got caught off guard with no inventory

Got my son a Kia Rio from Avis

Was like 1/3 off list, only 25K miles and still factory warranty

|

Make sure you downvote!

7/4/2021 10:33 AM

Budget and get a couple bucks off with the AMA disc ... ain't great but it's something.

Ok now "the rest of the story".
Rented a 2021 Kia Forte a couple of months ago. Damn thing had "lane assist" ... let me tell you something. If you drive drunk off your ass this is the upgrade for you... holy shit it was freaky good!! They bitch about distracted driving now ... this is definitely going to make it worse!!
Rant over.

|

7/4/2021 10:41 AM

That’s ok, I saved 16 cents today on my cookout.

Photo

|

7/4/2021 10:49 AM

Need directions too?

|

7/4/2021 10:55 AM

Rent a pick up from uhaul

|

7/4/2021 11:53 AM

G-man wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:

1911 wrote:

Turo?

Yes, works great.

|

7/4/2021 12:21 PM

crowe660 wrote:

Photo

Are you blaming Biden for the cost of rental cars?

|

7/4/2021 12:35 PM

Moto Mofo wrote:

Saw an article a few months ago addressing the COVID-driven rental car shortage, and subsequent increase in rental prices in ...more

I just got back from Hawaii and the rental car shortage caught me off guard. There were people listing their cars on Craigslist for $600 per day..

|

7/4/2021 12:55 PM

G-man wrote:

I rent cars for business travel on a weekly basis. Its brutal, but decent deals can be found. I normally rent from National or Hertz, but their prices have been just stupid as of late. I've had decent luck lately with Thrifty. I would also recommend checking out Turo as others have said. Also, Uhaul is another option as others have said.

|

7/4/2021 1:32 PM

Here’s what I got through priceline a couple weekends ago in Palm Springs. We were actually given a Kia K5 instead of the Jetta that was listed and it was actually a really nice little car. Roomier than the Jetta, I think.

Photo

|

7/4/2021 3:30 PM

crowe660 wrote:

Photo

sandhills wrote:

Are you blaming Biden for the cost of rental cars?

Yes I am.

|

7/4/2021 3:38 PM

Whatever shall I spend my extra $0.16 on?

|

7/4/2021 3:58 PM

motoxxx599 wrote:

I rent cars every week for work. Subcompacts were $25-40 per day on average and are now they are $90-110 per day. SUVs are ...more

Damn I guess my girls Dad got us a good deal. We got a Rav 4 for 5 days for $275

|

7/4/2021 5:25 PM

G-man wrote:

Maybe the rental company didn't want their vehicle raced, as its considered a general commuter only and not a race car, and as such jacked the price on you? (pun)

|

7/4/2021 6:30 PM

I rented a U-Haul 20 foot box van a couple weeks ago and drove it from Colorado to Pennsylvania over 4 days. It cost just under 4 thousand. I was shocked but had no other choice. I called all the other (Penske etc.) renters and they were sold out, about the same price, or too far out of the way to pick up. Crazy prices.

|

7/4/2021 6:44 PM

Warlock wrote:

I rented a U-Haul 20 foot box van a couple weeks ago and drove it from Colorado to Pennsylvania over 4 days. It cost just ...more

4 frickin grand for a U-Haul for 4 days?

|

7/4/2021 7:07 PM

Warlock wrote:

I rented a U-Haul 20 foot box van a couple weeks ago and drove it from Colorado to Pennsylvania over 4 days. It cost just ...more

Meister wrote:

Probably because of the cost per mile and he went cross country

|

7/4/2021 7:09 PM

Warlock wrote:

Meister wrote:

yz133rider wrote:

Probably because of the cost per mile and he went cross country

And it’s usually a lot more expensive if you pick up in one area but drop off at another.

|

7/4/2021 7:28 PM

After reading posts, I thought I would check current pricing.
Before Covid, I would get across to USA once a year for 2 weeks or so.
I always use Hertz, normally for 14 days rental was around $500 to $600 for a full size car, checking now price is $2333 for 14 days.

|

@TONY351KTM

7/5/2021 10:04 AM

Prices are up, as are the lines waiting to rent one.... rental cars are all booked up until Sept where I live... if u need a rental car or truck, get it reserved now...

Also... they are now holding on to cars for longer milage.... enterprise used to sell their cars at 30k miles, now they are using them to the 60k mark....

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord