Renen order received

Scooter
Edited Date/Time 1/21/2022 6:36am
Really impressed by Renen so far. Was able to get a Hoodie ordered and received it today. Product came wrapped in Renen Paper, with my invoice in a Renen envelope. Would've liked to have scored some Gear but you guys all beat me to it.
|
CKNY
2/19/2021 1:35pm Edited Date/Time 2/19/2021 1:37pm
Did you get that like $400 hoodie?
Renen paper ain’t cheap bro.
kkawboy14
2/19/2021 2:12pm
I’m stoked that they are sponsoring Ryder Difransisco
Scooter
2/19/2021 2:22pm
Basic Hoodie, but if Renen puts the same amount of effort and detail into their Riding Gear as they did with a Hoddie...their Gear must be good.

The Shop

peltier626
2/19/2021 3:38pm
I'm most excited that its manufactured in the United States. I purchased some AM gear about a year ago and was very pleased, i just got back from picking up some SAS Journeys. I try to support Domestically produced goods when possible.
6/19/2021 2:01pm
peltier626 wrote:
I'm most excited that its manufactured in the United States. I purchased some AM gear about a year ago and was very pleased, i just got...
I'm most excited that its manufactured in the United States. I purchased some AM gear about a year ago and was very pleased, i just got back from picking up some SAS Journeys. I try to support Domestically produced goods when possible.
This is why I just ordered some Renen.

I use Fox gear religiously. It’s just damn good. And always fits right. I never liked my Alpinestars gear prior (and their designs age fast).

Assuming it’s Fox related the quality is gonna be on par if not better.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
6/19/2021 2:03pm
This is why I just ordered some Renen. I use Fox gear religiously. It’s just damn good. And always fits right. I never liked my Alpinestars...

I use Fox gear religiously. It’s just damn good. And always fits right. I never liked my Alpinestars gear prior (and their designs age fast).

Renen and Fox are 2 separate companies.

Pete left Fox years ago and started Renen.
Motodave15
6/19/2021 2:15pm
This is why I just ordered some Renen. I use Fox gear religiously. It’s just damn good. And always fits right. I never liked my Alpinestars...

I was able to score a set of renen gear, and it's awesome fits good and roomy in the knee for me (knee pads, not braces).. actual leather on the inside of the knee area as well.... unfortunately I crashed really hard and ripped the jersey on the first ride in the gear.... but i will just buy another one later after I heal.
skeef
Fantasy
1407th
6/19/2021 2:19pm
peltier626 wrote:
I'm most excited that its manufactured in the United States. I purchased some AM gear about a year ago and was very pleased, i just got...

What Renen gear did you just order?
Tim507
6/19/2021 6:11pm
I'm old and slow, yet my skills are still good. Haven't bought gear in years. Saw Renen and said yep its time. Made in the USA!!
TeamGreen
6/19/2021 6:13pm
Scooter wrote:
Really impressed by Renen so far. Was able to get a Hoodie ordered and received it today. Product came wrapped in Renen Paper, with my invoice...
Really impressed by Renen so far. Was able to get a Hoodie ordered and received it today. Product came wrapped in Renen Paper, with my invoice in a Renen envelope. Would've liked to have scored some Gear but you guys all beat me to it.
You have to jump on it as soon ya get the “drop” e-mail
Grinning
Taylor415
6/19/2021 10:47pm
I really like cantaloupe but thanks for sending me oranges.
Impressed about getting a sweatshirt in June from a gear company you got no riding gear from. I'm a union worker and the made in USA is a big deal for me but I wouldn't be impressed with a gear company on wrapping paper and hoodies until I actually rode in their gear.
6/21/2021 9:47pm Edited Date/Time 6/21/2021 9:53pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Renen and Fox are 2 separate companies.

Pete left Fox years ago and started Renen.
Pete’s not still involved in Fox in some capacity? My bad. I googled it and it said he was the CEO or something even after he sold the brand.

I figured this was some personal white label spinoff pet project of his.

Either way, Im gonna trust the quality will be on par with Fox.

I really like that you can order the jersey with name/number pre printed and retain ventilation. Very cool.
6/21/2021 9:51pm
peltier626 wrote:

skeef wrote:
What Renen gear did you just order?
A jersey. I got a extra pair of Fox pants I cant get a matching jersey for so I ordered the “Arena” in the same color. I thought it wouldn’t look funny because I mistakenly thought they’re sister companies LOL.
6/22/2021 4:54am
Interesting that JT or Max mentioned a few weeks ago that USA produced gear would be crazy expensive yet Renen is sold out.
Flattrack88
6/22/2021 5:09am
Interesting that JT or Max mentioned a few weeks ago that USA produced gear would be crazy expensive yet Renen is sold out.
Quality gear has a high enough retail price that it should be able to be made in the USA and still be profitable. I think it can be done when starting from scratch. The big preexisting companies that manufacture "overseas" are relying on that bigger profit margin to support thier current (and possibly inefficient) business model.
tingo
6/22/2021 5:58am
It's amazing how much exclusivity (I guess that's what this is?) sells. Not trying to pick on the anonymous OP here; rather, it's the entire concept of how well limited drops, VIP clubs and the like work on consumers. It blows my mind that one would be "really impressed" by ordering an overpriced hoodie, receiving it (shocker,) and then being further impressed with some branded tissue paper and an envelope. Talk about a low bar. What next? Free stickers!?

I just checked out the site. Looks like the hoodies are gone, but for $68 (plus shipping), one can get a simple logo tee and hat....and then have the honor of advertising their brand for them.
Kyle978
6/22/2021 6:17am Edited Date/Time 6/22/2021 6:18am
There’s an ass for a Kia seat and an ass for a Rolls Royce seat.

Most that drive the Kia will scoff at the RR price tag without thinking of the craftsmanship going into the car. Or they just don’t prioritize that and want the most bang for the buck.

The fact Renen is made in the USA is a huge value. I bet some of you who are disgusted by the price tag are also aware of the spot we’ve put ourselves in by depending on overseas countries like China to produce our goods.

I don’t wear Renen, but I understand and appreciate their place in the market.
tobz
6/22/2021 6:17am
tingo wrote:
It's amazing how much exclusivity (I guess that's what this is?) sells. Not trying to pick on the anonymous OP here; rather, it's the entire concept...
It's amazing how much exclusivity (I guess that's what this is?) sells. Not trying to pick on the anonymous OP here; rather, it's the entire concept of how well limited drops, VIP clubs and the like work on consumers. It blows my mind that one would be "really impressed" by ordering an overpriced hoodie, receiving it (shocker,) and then being further impressed with some branded tissue paper and an envelope. Talk about a low bar. What next? Free stickers!?

I just checked out the site. Looks like the hoodies are gone, but for $68 (plus shipping), one can get a simple logo tee and hat....and then have the honor of advertising their brand for them.
Scarcity marketing 101, but why do you care? Retail purchases should be fun if the consumer wants it to be. Not sure why it bothers you though?
CKNY
6/22/2021 6:20am
tingo wrote:
It's amazing how much exclusivity (I guess that's what this is?) sells. Not trying to pick on the anonymous OP here; rather, it's the entire concept...

tobz wrote:
Scarcity marketing 101, but why do you care? Retail purchases should be fun if the consumer wants it to be. Not sure why it bothers you...
Scarcity marketing 101, but why do you care? Retail purchases should be fun if the consumer wants it to be. Not sure why it bothers you though?
Why do you care why it bothers him😂
CKNY
6/22/2021 6:20am
Kyle978 wrote:
There’s an ass for a Kia seat and an ass for a Rolls Royce seat. Most that drive the Kia will scoff at the RR price...

Most that drive the Kia will scoff at the RR price tag without thinking of the craftsmanship going into the car. Or they just don’t prioritize that and want the most bang for the buck.

The fact Renen is made in the USA is a huge value. I bet some of you who are disgusted by the price tag are also aware of the spot we’ve put ourselves in by depending on overseas countries like China to produce our goods.

Renen isn’t a Rolls Royce.
tobz
6/22/2021 6:24am
tingo wrote:

tobz wrote:
Scarcity marketing 101, but why do you care? Retail purchases should be fun if the consumer wants it to be. Not sure why it bothers you...
CKNY wrote:
Just found it to be an odd reaction to someone who’s proud of a purchase of what seems to be a good quality American made product.
Kyle978
6/22/2021 6:27am
CKNY wrote:
Certainly the equivalent of motocross apparel.
fatpurplepanda
Fantasy
2821st
6/22/2021 7:14am
CKNY wrote:
Kyle978 wrote:
you bought a supreme honda, didnt you
CKNY
6/22/2021 7:24am
tobz wrote:
CKNY wrote:
tobz wrote:
Just found it to be an odd reaction to someone who’s proud of a purchase of what seems to be a good quality American made product.
I read it as he doesn’t understand people’s desire to buy product that has been marketed to be exclusive or in high demand due to purposely producing limited runs.
CKNY
6/22/2021 7:26am
CKNY wrote:
Kyle978 wrote:
Not even close man. Maybe Kia vs Toyota.
Kyle978
6/22/2021 7:28am
CKNY wrote:
Nothing hand crafted about a Toyota.
CKNY
6/22/2021 7:28am
tingo wrote:

tobz wrote:
I agree with you about retail purchases and pleasure/satisfaction. If you really want it and it makes you happy go for it.
Indy mxer
6/22/2021 7:29am
Kyle978 wrote:
There’s an ass for a Kia seat and an ass for a Rolls Royce seat. Most that drive the Kia will scoff at the RR price...

Well said!
CKNY
6/22/2021 7:30am
CKNY wrote:
Kyle978 wrote:
Nothing hand crafted about a Toyota.
You make it sound like the Renen stuff is bespoke custom product all stitched by hand using only the finest textiles. It’s not. It is nice gear but your comparison sucked and it’s ok to admit it😂

Post a reply to: Renen order received

The Latest