Removing dirt stains on white gear

Related:
Create New Tag

8/24/2017 12:29 PM

Hi guys,

Right before my first moto last week (I ride the french equivalent of C/D class in USA), racetrack crew watered the track to keep dust down. Since we are slow and nobody cares about our race, they do it to have a good track for the Expert class. Of course, it was a mud fest and it ruined the bikes and gear.

I was wearing a white Troy Lee gear which is now full of remains of red clay, which is the typical french mx track soil.

How do you keep your gear clean and white after being roosted ? Is there any products or Grandma' secrets to make it shine again ?

Thanks

|

8/24/2017 12:40 PM

Probably might want to ask your mom. Men dont know how to do laundry.

Bleach should work pretty well. Next time dont buy white clothes and expect them to stay clean like a white tuxedo

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

8/24/2017 12:41 PM

?ecver=2" width="480" height="360
|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

8/24/2017 12:47 PM

dsmith wrote:

?ecver=2" width="480" height="360

I prefer this one.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

8/24/2017 12:50 PM

Any of this available your way? Dilute a little in a bucket of water and soak your gear in it before washing. Always helped with the Swan leftovers.

http://proclean1000.com/product/pro-clean-bike-cleaner-jug/

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

8/24/2017 1:13 PM


Donna has this stuff she uses on some of my work clothes.
I think it's called Boraxo. Adds to the detergent.

Chad Reed needs to take note of this thread.
How many moms out there would buy a box of Tide when they saw a 10 second clip of one of Needs races,
with his pants coming out of the washing machine pure white.

Gold it would be.
|

8/24/2017 1:15 PM

We use oxyclean. Works great on football gear also.

|

8/24/2017 1:27 PM

+1 for Oxyclean.

|

8/24/2017 1:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/24/2017 1:32 PM

tickleme20 wrote:

+1 for Oxyclean.

+2
The key is to pre-soak as soon as you get home from the track.

|

8/24/2017 1:33 PM

Totally Awesome from the Dollar Store. Same basic ingredients as Malco detailer but much cheaper. I use it for gear, bikes, equipment, etc.................

|

8/24/2017 1:35 PM

cousinskeet wrote:

We use oxyclean. Works great on football gear also.

^^^ A presoak with Shout (which also makes a good bike preclean treatment) can help

|

Twitter: @ftemoto
Instagram: @mstusiak

8/24/2017 1:38 PM

Cycle ranch used to leave some nasty stains on gear. I quit buying anything with lots of white on it.

|

8/24/2017 1:59 PM

Power washer. Once I figured that out, I've been buying more gear with white in it.

|

8/24/2017 3:37 PM

Neek wrote:

Hi guys,

Right before my first moto last week (I ride the french equivalent of C/D class in USA), racetrack crew watered the track to keep dust down. Since we are slow and nobody cares about our race, they do it to have a good track for the Expert class. Of course, it was a mud fest and it ruined the bikes and gear.

I was wearing a white Troy Lee gear which is now full of remains of red clay, which is the typical french mx track soil.

How do you keep your gear clean and white after being roosted ? Is there any products or Grandma' secrets to make it shine again ?

Thanks

When you put it in the washer, use your regular soap and add 1/4 to 1/2 cup Pine Sol....wash in cool water. Took the Georgia red clay right out of my white AXO gear.

|

Many thanks to everyone helping me out this GNCC season: SRT Offroad, Acerbis, FCR Suspension, O'Neal Racing, Evans Waterless Coolants, Rekluse, Twin Air, Braking Brakes, Carbsport

Profile image credit Ken Hill Photography

8/24/2017 3:57 PM

Photo

|

8/24/2017 4:59 PM

Okay guys, how well does all this actually work? Obviously white gear looks amazing, but with these methods does it become a top of the list purchase? If brand new you would say the gear is a 10, what would it be after being stained, then using these treatments? What if you can't get it washed immediately after getting the stains?

|

8/24/2017 5:10 PM

Photo
|

8/24/2017 5:59 PM

one thing with oxy, if you have leather on the inside knees - it makes it stiff as hell...

|

8/24/2017 6:07 PM


Dirty gear is a badge of honor. Why do you want to look like you just stepped of the dressing room?
|

8/24/2017 6:14 PM

Get better starts ?

|

8/24/2017 6:25 PM

TheLsho wrote:

Okay guys, how well does all this actually work? Obviously white gear looks amazing, but with these methods does it become a top of the list purchase? If brand new you would say the gear is a 10, what would it be after being stained, then using these treatments? What if you can't get it washed immediately after getting the stains?

My method is 9.5-10...for me at least

|

Many thanks to everyone helping me out this GNCC season: SRT Offroad, Acerbis, FCR Suspension, O'Neal Racing, Evans Waterless Coolants, Rekluse, Twin Air, Braking Brakes, Carbsport

Profile image credit Ken Hill Photography

8/24/2017 6:28 PM

Bigfoot wrote: Photo

Good stuff!

|

8/24/2017 8:17 PM

Vp moto wash, spray it down, then pressure wash your gear...

Only hope for stuff that has sat a long time.


I've had simple green be ok, oxyclean decent too, but pressure washer is key

|

8/24/2017 8:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/24/2017 8:22 PM

I take this to the track with me. Immediately after riding, I spray all stains then throw our gear in the laundry when we get home. I am amazed at how well this works. That said, I try to stay away from white gear.

Photo

|

8/25/2017 7:54 AM

Vanish works pretty well. It's bad for the leather on the pants though so don't use it too often.

|

8/25/2017 8:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/25/2017 8:10 AM

Can't believe no one has mentioned Simply Green (or I just missed it). I add it right to the wash with regular
detergent and it works every time. Even stubborn Georgia red clay.

Simply Green is like Tussin, "Use that shit on everything!".

|

8/25/2017 8:42 AM

Surf always worked for this guy....

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

8/25/2017 8:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/25/2017 8:44 AM

cousinskeet wrote:

We use oxyclean. Works great on football gear also.

FreshTopEnd wrote:

^^^ A presoak with Shout (which also makes a good bike preclean treatment) can help

I currently presoak with OxiClean and then I put my gear in the washer and add OxiClean detergent and let the machine fill. After it fills, I let the machine sit for 15-20 minutes...think of this as a second presoak. Note: I use an upright machine for my gear most of the time and just leave the lid open or pull the knob out after it fills; but, a side-load also works, you simply hit "pause".

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

8/25/2017 8:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/25/2017 8:54 AM

newmann wrote:

Any of this available your way? Dilute a little in a bucket of water and soak your gear in it before washing. Always helped with the Swan leftovers.

http://proclean1000.com/product/pro-clean-bike-cleaner-jug/

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Damn, Newmann...I hadn't evan heard the name "Swan" in a looooong time. Brings back memories. Thanks from a fellow Texan.

|

8/25/2017 9:29 AM

The only thing worse than Swan for staining gear was Cooperland (Rest In Peace).

JT on pulp mx has said several times to not use oxyclean. Does anyone know why? I've never used it but I like white gear and am always getting stains.

|