5 of 6 moto wins for riders from the USA in the 450 class
petegrath
6/13/2010 5:50pm
Well, I would mention James...

Oh shit, it'll come up soon enough! Smile

The Shop

jaeckle
6/13/2010 6:29pm
Proof that the USA Nationals are the premier series in our sport. Thanks for pointing this out.
Racer92
6/13/2010 6:33pm
Another Einstein from Sweden,, perfect !
Regis
Fantasy
340th
6/13/2010 6:35pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:24pm
Team Euro wrote:
Oh My Cool
You're just proving the point that all the superior riders and champions come from all over the world to ride the biggest and most prestigious series in the world.

I am cool with that.
TeamGreen
6/13/2010 6:36pm
Remember when the Euro's could win at the MXoN?

Remember when a Euro actually could win a Supercross main? (No, I'm not talkin' about somebody sand-baggin' on a 250F, thank you!)

Rember when...?

I'm jus' laffin'...
Regis
Fantasy
340th
6/13/2010 6:38pm
jaeckle wrote:
Proof that the USA Nationals are the premier series in our sport. Thanks for pointing this out.
sorry jaeckle, didn't see you already posted my thoughts exactly.
DrSweden
6/13/2010 7:19pm Edited Date/Time 6/13/2010 8:37pm
Racer92 wrote:
Another Einstein from Sweden,, perfect !
The other one is, and what's the connection to Sweden?
prozach
6/13/2010 8:44pm Edited Date/Time 6/13/2010 8:46pm
What some Europeans don't realize is that in America you don't have to be born here to be considered one of us. As long as you are here legally you really are American now. It is part of our culture. That is why guys like BT get huge fan support at the USGP (even more than Alessi at his home race) because he is in a sense one of us now. As far as most of us are concerned they are all from the U.S. since that is where they live and will most likely stay for the rest of their lives. Hell some of their kids are even Natural Born American Citizens!
Tbill
6/13/2010 9:29pm
Team Euro wrote:
Oh My Cool
Remember when The GP's were the premier series?
Team Euro
6/13/2010 9:33pm
prozach wrote:
What some Europeans don't realize is that in America you don't have to be born here to be considered one of us. As long as you...
What some Europeans don't realize is that in America you don't have to be born here to be considered one of us. As long as you are here legally you really are American now. It is part of our culture. That is why guys like BT get huge fan support at the USGP (even more than Alessi at his home race) because he is in a sense one of us now. As far as most of us are concerned they are all from the U.S. since that is where they live and will most likely stay for the rest of their lives. Hell some of their kids are even Natural Born American Citizens!
BT is not one of us and even though he is having a great time, he has a home here, he eats his meals here, he races a motorcycle here, But he is a New Zealander and always will be, He rides and is licenced by the MZL, the Motorcycle Federation New Zealand. You can correct me if I`m wrong but I think that the only rider to become a American citizen so far was DeCoster. Giving up your citizenship in your home country to become one of us is not going to happen often. Some countries allow dual nationality for example USA/Sweden. You are confusing" resident" with citizen. But I´m sure it`s ok with them for you to consider them one of us as long as they race a AMA series here for a paycheck. If you have ever had a life outside the USA you would understand a little clearer
TerryK
6/13/2010 10:29pm
lucero10x wrote:
or, perhaps, your bait is weak.
I'll take "Weak Bait" for $500 Alex.
Hank_Thrill
6/13/2010 11:33pm
No Native American has ever won a U.S. to my knowlege, only the offspring of U.S. immigrants.

When James Stewart wins, it's nothing more than a victory for Africa.
eddie
6/13/2010 11:42pm
No Native American has ever won a U.S. to my knowlege, only the offspring of U.S. immigrants. When James Stewart wins, it's nothing more than a...
No Native American has ever won a U.S. to my knowlege, only the offspring of U.S. immigrants.

When James Stewart wins, it's nothing more than a victory for Africa.
tommy croft ?
ando
6/14/2010 3:01am
prozach wrote:
What some Europeans don't realize is that in America you don't have to be born here to be considered one of us. As long as you...
Don't flatter yourself too much.

Who are all the past and/or present foreign riders who have ended up becoming US citizens? I think you have confused the difference between moving to the US for a certain period of time for professional reasons, and permanently immigrating to the US.
motogrady
6/14/2010 5:08am

was a time the euro's couldn't be touched, to not get lapped was an honor....................

yes, there was a time.............Smile
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
6/14/2010 6:15am
Team Euro wrote:
Touchy subject I see
I don't mind at all that the best riders in the world flock to the US to race.

You're conflating the "best riders" and "best series" arguments.
Sherwood
6/14/2010 7:30am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:24pm
All the best regardless of the country come to America to ride because it's the true WORLD Championship.

Must piss you Euro girls off.
Team Euro
6/14/2010 8:06am
Having only 3 former World Champions competing in your series for a larger paycheck on easier tracks for shorter motos, this really isn`t a commanding argument for the AMA series being elevated to a higher level of the GP`s.
Sherwood
6/14/2010 8:08am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:24pm
Team Euro wrote:
Having only 3 former World Champions competing in your series for a larger paycheck on easier tracks for shorter motos, this really isn`t a commanding argument...
Having only 3 former World Champions competing in your series for a larger paycheck on easier tracks for shorter motos, this really isn`t a commanding argument for the AMA series being elevated to a higher level of the GP`s.
The best in the world come here and it pisses you Euro's off to no end.

If the Euro series was better the paychecks would be bigger and all the riders would be heading over.

The proof is in the pudding.
BobbyM
6/14/2010 8:18am
prozach wrote:
hehehehe
Team Euro
6/14/2010 8:20am
You have no clue, last time you were in Europe,attended a GP, made the mistake of referring to me as "you Euro`s". The pay here is a subject you couldn`t grasp, The title of World Champion is what motivates the riders in the GP`s , Once they have achieved the title of World Champion then they have fulfilled the highest honor in motocross and will go into the history books as so, then they move on to greener,easier pastures to pad the bank account and have a good time..no one ever said the GP series is " a good time"..it`s brutal for a reason, Tommy is the only recent rider to flee the GP`s without a title to the AMA series.
Sherwood
6/14/2010 8:28am
Team Euro wrote:
You have no clue, last time you were in Europe,attended a GP, made the mistake of referring to me as "you Euro`s". The pay here is...
You have no clue, last time you were in Europe,attended a GP, made the mistake of referring to me as "you Euro`s". The pay here is a subject you couldn`t grasp, The title of World Champion is what motivates the riders in the GP`s , Once they have achieved the title of World Champion then they have fulfilled the highest honor in motocross and will go into the history books as so, then they move on to greener,easier pastures to pad the bank account and have a good time..no one ever said the GP series is " a good time"..it`s brutal for a reason, Tommy is the only recent rider to flee the GP`s without a title to the AMA series.
What a load.

The best come over here and the others hide behind a series where you can be a second tier rider and still get a ride.
Team Euro
6/14/2010 8:33am
Reality hurts hey Sherwoody..what a load..good rebuttal there..
Sherwood
6/14/2010 8:37am
Team Euro wrote:
Reality hurts hey Sherwoody..what a load..good rebuttal there..
The Euro's don't want anything to do with there own series, the series comes to America and it's so "important" that Americans don't care, yet it's the best series in the world?

You don't have the best riders, money, tracks, or anything else.

How is the GP series better?
englishman
6/14/2010 8:39am Edited Date/Time 6/14/2010 8:46am
prozach wrote:
JMB ?
chrisbuehler
6/14/2010 8:40am
Does it make you mad that the "euro" points leader in the 250s basically laughed at your riders? Says Marvin simply has the best bike and MIGHT get a top five over here. When asked about your darling Roczen and Hearlings, he says they are ok, they need to get better. Not his exact words but yeah he's saying that we piss all over you

Post a reply to: Remember when the Nationals where dominated by riders from the USA

The Latest