Rekluse users open this.

TSCHAM101
10/26/2018 9:42am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2019 7:39pm
Anybody using their RadiusCX or Torq drive clutches?

How do you like them?
|
aroark247
10/26/2018 9:52am
Awesome but torq drive burned up in a few hours
10/26/2018 10:01am Edited Date/Time 10/26/2018 10:04am
My Radius CX is literally like cheating for MX. I can hardly ride a bike without one at this point. It is literally the very first thing I’m buying for any new mxer from this point forward.
Mine has 30 hours on it and I’ve never even had to adjust it.
WoodsRacer
Fantasy
2867th
10/26/2018 10:06am
I experimented with a YZ250x this spring and put a RadiusX on it, not the full CX. Loved the clutch, just ended up hating the bike.

Will be switching to an XC250 this spring and plan to put the full RadiusCX on it.

I had previously ran the Core EXP on an XC-W 200 and won't go back to anything but a Rekluse. Over 150hrs on that clutch without an issue. Still rode it like normal 90% of the time, and the other 10% of the time it saved me big time when I would do something dumb.
ktm300hater
10/26/2018 10:06am
I have one in my 17 TC250, my daughters 17 FC250, I've sold a bunch of them well and never had any issues.

The Shop

opyguy
10/26/2018 10:09am
My Radius CX is literally like cheating for MX. I can hardly ride a bike without one at this point. It is literally the very first...
My Radius CX is literally like cheating for MX. I can hardly ride a bike without one at this point. It is literally the very first thing I’m buying for any new mxer from this point forward.
how was the radius X? significantly cheaper than CX, I have a ktm 250 sx, really debating that or core 3.0
ktm300hater
10/26/2018 10:13am
My Radius CX is literally like cheating for MX. I can hardly ride a bike without one at this point. It is literally the very first...
opyguy wrote:
how was the radius X? significantly cheaper than CX, I have a ktm 250 sx, really debating that or core 3.0
The ktm ones are always more expensive because of the need for an adjustable slave cylinder to get the clutch setup correctly. The other price differences are the parts in the kit. Some include billet inner hubs and clutch cover.
c0ncEpT
10/26/2018 10:21am
I have the Radius CX on my 2018 KTM 350SXF.

Love it!

I never stall the bike anymore.

The biggest thing I've noticed about the clutch is than you don't notice it... The only difference is you can't stall the bike. Worth its weight in gold!

10/26/2018 10:21am
opyguy wrote:
I never used a Radius X. I had the EXP 3.0 in my old bike, and the Radius CX is far better for moto. The clutch has a much more positive “grab” for harder acceleration.
bvm111
10/26/2018 10:27am
Love my Torque Drive, I have appx 5 hours on mine and no issues so far. With the stiff (red color) springs installed it has a same as OEM pull, more positive engagement, and more power put to the ground!

Would love to try the Radius CX
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
10/26/2018 10:37am
Just curious why would you say like cheating?
Makes you faster?
10/26/2018 10:57am Edited Date/Time 10/26/2018 11:06am
Tarz483 wrote:
Just curious why would you say like cheating?
Makes you faster?
Yes. I can carry a taller gear into corners, which results in higher corner speeds. Plus, I never have to even touch the clutch after I leave the starting line. The Rekluse clutch engages much more smoothly and accurately than I can. That, and I can concentrate on braking hard with no fear of stalling.
T-Fish
Fantasy
199th
10/26/2018 11:11am
I don’t have either of the ones you mentioned, but I do have the EXP Core 3.0 and it’s the best money I’ve ever spent on a bike part. Like the one guy said, it’s pretty much cheating and for the same reasons he said. I’ll never not have one again.
Ben500RR-S
10/26/2018 11:39am
My wife bought herself a new TT-R 125 this past spring and the first thing I had to do for her/it was to put in a Rekluse CORE EXP 3.0. I tried it on her bike and liked it so much I had to get the Radius CX for my 2017 Beta 500 RR-S. It is awesome.

The CX comes with all the parts that replace just about everything in the clutch, the basket, pressure plate, clutch boss and even a new clutch slave cylinder. I got my kit at a discount from a guy who sells stuff at race-cost on thumpertalk so I was very happy to save about $120.

Install is easy and the instructions make it that way.

As the free play gain is external on the new clutch slave cylinder, any adjustments can be made very easily and it makes the CX worth the price just for that. It is worth the money to me as I'll probably never have to replace any of the clutch parts as Rekluse supplies their own fibers and steels and as I would never slip or fan the clutch anyway, now that I don't even need to use the clutch at all from a stop, the fibers will last forever.

On tight, rocky and steep trails, it is nice having the confidence in knowing that I can simply and easily climb up any hill-I could anyway without the Rekluse, but now it is just easier all around not needing to worry about covering the clutch. I can just ride with the hand and fingers on the grip and just shift.

Where it will really shine will be in the snow this winter as I'll be putting the Camso DTS 129 kit I had used last season and the Rekluse will making riding in the snow even better than last year. Had I not used the Rekluse in my wife's bike, I probably would not have gotten one for my bike but now that I have it, I don't ever want to ride without it.

I am just a trail-rider and not racing at all.
DPR250R
10/26/2018 12:53pm
I have never ridden with any type of Rekluse and one thing I always wondered was when you shift, do you just roll off the throttle? Like an old Z50?

When I was racing I always used the clutch while shifting and reaching for it always messed me up. With the Rekluse after the holeshot you really never worry about it again?
10/26/2018 1:15pm
DPR250R wrote:
I have never ridden with any type of Rekluse and one thing I always wondered was when you shift, do you just roll off the throttle...
I have never ridden with any type of Rekluse and one thing I always wondered was when you shift, do you just roll off the throttle? Like an old Z50?

When I was racing I always used the clutch while shifting and reaching for it always messed me up. With the Rekluse after the holeshot you really never worry about it again?
With our without the Rekluse, there is no reason to pull in the clutch while upshifting a motocross bike. I never really think about it, but I probably clutch downshifts just to prevent upsetting the chassis. With the Rekluse installed, I think I do less shifting overall, though, since I can carry third gear through just about anything except a 180 corner.
DPR250R
10/26/2018 1:23pm Edited Date/Time 10/26/2018 1:23pm
With our without the Rekluse, there is no reason to pull in the clutch while upshifting a motocross bike. I never really think about it, but...
With our without the Rekluse, there is no reason to pull in the clutch while upshifting a motocross bike. I never really think about it, but I probably clutch downshifts just to prevent upsetting the chassis. With the Rekluse installed, I think I do less shifting overall, though, since I can carry third gear through just about anything except a 180 corner.
Def read that many times but was always afraid of doing damage to the trans. The times I tried it, felt like butter but still couldn’t get it out of my head I was gonna eff something up.

So Rekluse is pointless if that is what I am worreid about? More for preventing stalls and carrying higher gears through turns?
casper
10/26/2018 2:45pm
The one downfall of the Rekluse is if you fall doing a steep hill climb. As soon as you fall, the rear wheel free wheels and your bike will slide back down the hill. Even when the motor is off, the rear wheel free wheels and you have to hold down the rear brake when getting back on your bike.

Tim507
10/26/2018 4:18pm
Have the Radius X on my KTM 450. Love it - set the release springs and weights so there is very little engine braking. It flows through the corners effortlessly. Made big difference in my corner speed. The other advantage for me is the occasional brain fart and not killing it. Other than those two things, it's just functions just like a stock clutch.

The RX is also on my 350 offroad bike and on my DS 501WoohooSillyWhistling
Johnny Depp
10/26/2018 4:33pm
Ben500RR-S wrote:
My wife bought herself a new TT-R 125 this past spring and the first thing I had to do for her/it was to put in a...
My wife bought herself a new TT-R 125 this past spring and the first thing I had to do for her/it was to put in a Rekluse CORE EXP 3.0. I tried it on her bike and liked it so much I had to get the Radius CX for my 2017 Beta 500 RR-S. It is awesome.

The CX comes with all the parts that replace just about everything in the clutch, the basket, pressure plate, clutch boss and even a new clutch slave cylinder. I got my kit at a discount from a guy who sells stuff at race-cost on thumpertalk so I was very happy to save about $120.

Install is easy and the instructions make it that way.

As the free play gain is external on the new clutch slave cylinder, any adjustments can be made very easily and it makes the CX worth the price just for that. It is worth the money to me as I'll probably never have to replace any of the clutch parts as Rekluse supplies their own fibers and steels and as I would never slip or fan the clutch anyway, now that I don't even need to use the clutch at all from a stop, the fibers will last forever.

On tight, rocky and steep trails, it is nice having the confidence in knowing that I can simply and easily climb up any hill-I could anyway without the Rekluse, but now it is just easier all around not needing to worry about covering the clutch. I can just ride with the hand and fingers on the grip and just shift.

Where it will really shine will be in the snow this winter as I'll be putting the Camso DTS 129 kit I had used last season and the Rekluse will making riding in the snow even better than last year. Had I not used the Rekluse in my wife's bike, I probably would not have gotten one for my bike but now that I have it, I don't ever want to ride without it.

I am just a trail-rider and not racing at all.
Welcome Noob.
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
10/26/2018 4:34pm
casper wrote:
The one downfall of the Rekluse is if you fall doing a steep hill climb. As soon as you fall, the rear wheel free wheels and...
The one downfall of the Rekluse is if you fall doing a steep hill climb. As soon as you fall, the rear wheel free wheels and your bike will slide back down the hill. Even when the motor is off, the rear wheel free wheels and you have to hold down the rear brake when getting back on your bike.

Damn... I never even thought of that.
I’ve ridden a KTM EXC500 that had a Rekluse in it, but I wasn’t aware. Ride it in tight and technical trails for 40 minutes and didn’t notice a bit of difference.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
10/26/2018 4:39pm
casper wrote:
The one downfall of the Rekluse is if you fall doing a steep hill climb. As soon as you fall, the rear wheel free wheels and...

langhammx wrote:
Damn... I never even thought of that. I’ve ridden a KTM EXC500 that had a Rekluse in it, but I wasn’t aware. Ride it in tight...
Damn... I never even thought of that.
I’ve ridden a KTM EXC500 that had a Rekluse in it, but I wasn’t aware. Ride it in tight and technical trails for 40 minutes and didn’t notice a bit of difference.
Bean?
10/26/2018 4:45pm
I have a radius cx on my yz250, works pretty good, definitely helps on the single track and woods stuff, I personally feel like it makes my bike easier to ride, it was wierd at first but now that I'm use to it, it's great. I will also add that there customer service is second to none, I dealt with a Jon Christ and was super helpful, I actually bought a used rekluse for my bike and told him that upon are first conversation, said it was slipping, he sent me new springs for free, in my book they didnt have to do that. top notch product and quality and top notch customer service.
Lastander
10/27/2018 8:10am
I have the torqdrive (i think?)

I have had mine since my bike was new, also bought the inner basket to have the full kit.
Mine went just over 40 hours until my disks wore out, no biggie.
My friend bought the same clutch for his 450 also (with the inner basket), and after a few hours, the small rubber bushings on the backside of the basket dissolved, filling his engine with rubber, leading to oil starvation due to the oil pickup filter being jammed with rubber.
(Insert 2000$ rebuild here)

After that i found out that another rider had the same issue in the offseason. All three bikes (mine included) were -18 crf450s.

Seems that Rekluse had issues with their rubber bushings dissolving depending on what oil you are using, not sure if they have found a solution yet but i seem to be one of the luckier ones.
racinstation
Fantasy
2024th
10/27/2018 9:40am
We sell a ton of Rekluse clutches and they have been really good. The new Torq Drive on a 450 is one of the best mods you can do. You can feel more power to the ground and a lighter clutch pull on most bikes. If you want auto clutch, the Radius and Radius X both work awesome! For guys that don't like 4 stroke engine braking you can set up the auto clutch so it is gone. Highly recommend any of their products.
Hcallz5
10/27/2018 9:57am
Haven't touched my Z start Pro in 200 hours.
MBR
10/27/2018 11:04am
I had Core EXP 3.0 on my 2017 Honda CRF450R and I loved it. Since I didn't have to worry about stalling I learned to roll corners without using clutch. Now I can ride pretty much all bikes with minimal clutch use.
RCF
10/27/2018 11:29am
Lastander wrote:
I have the torqdrive (i think?) [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/10/27/298590/s1200_381AC74E_6996_4A31_B579_0943094A96B0.jpg[/img] I have had mine since my bike was new, also bought the inner basket to have the full kit...
I have the torqdrive (i think?)

I have had mine since my bike was new, also bought the inner basket to have the full kit.
Mine went just over 40 hours until my disks wore out, no biggie.
My friend bought the same clutch for his 450 also (with the inner basket), and after a few hours, the small rubber bushings on the backside of the basket dissolved, filling his engine with rubber, leading to oil starvation due to the oil pickup filter being jammed with rubber.
(Insert 2000$ rebuild here)

After that i found out that another rider had the same issue in the offseason. All three bikes (mine included) were -18 crf450s.

Seems that Rekluse had issues with their rubber bushings dissolving depending on what oil you are using, not sure if they have found a solution yet but i seem to be one of the luckier ones.
Same thing happened to me except it wasn't caused by Rubber was caused by the metal plates coming apart and clogging the oil pickup , KTM doesn't use rubber dampeners on their 4-stroke baskets and this was the reason rekluse told me the plates busted apart.
bultokid
10/30/2018 2:49pm
I have one in my 17 TC250, my daughters 17 FC250, I've sold a bunch of them well and never had any issues.
Just recently got a 18 TC250, was wondering what a rekluse was like in a 2t for pure mx.... had one in my RMZ450 and once got use to it couldn't imagine riding a 4t without one
blaze 57
10/30/2018 7:33pm
What oil does Rekluse recommend for their Radius CX clutch in 4-strokes? Anyone here know? thanks!
blaze 57
10/30/2018 7:34pm
c0ncEpT wrote:
I have the Radius CX on my 2018 KTM 350SXF. Love it! I never stall the bike anymore. The biggest thing I've noticed about the clutch...
I have the Radius CX on my 2018 KTM 350SXF.

Love it!

I never stall the bike anymore.

The biggest thing I've noticed about the clutch is than you don't notice it... The only difference is you can't stall the bike. Worth its weight in gold!

What oil do you use? Thanks, just curious becuz I'm putting one in my 18' 450 KTM.

Post a reply to: Rekluse users open this.

The Latest