Rekluse radius CX problems

Rickyisms
11/21/2020 6:18pm
Installing one in my friends 2018 KX250F. I followed the manual as well as RMATV’s instructions to a T and now I’m running into problems with adjusting. When I loosen the locking pin and go to adjust the adjustment plate it doesn’t budge. It won’t turn clockwise or counter clockwise. I’m not trying to put a lot of pressure on it to minimize damage but I am really stumped on this.
|
AxlBundy
11/21/2020 6:21pm
Rekluse’ customer service is incredible. If you don’t get a quick answer here, contact them
silver753
11/21/2020 9:00pm
Did you turn the locking screws all the way out? You have to turn them way out, not just loosen them. If that doesn't work, try removing the entire pressure plate and see if you can move it when it isn't in the engine.
Broseph
11/21/2020 10:53pm
Rickyisms wrote:
Installing one in my friends 2018 KX250F. I followed the manual as well as RMATV’s instructions to a T and now I’m running into problems with...
Installing one in my friends 2018 KX250F. I followed the manual as well as RMATV’s instructions to a T and now I’m running into problems with adjusting. When I loosen the locking pin and go to adjust the adjustment plate it doesn’t budge. It won’t turn clockwise or counter clockwise. I’m not trying to put a lot of pressure on it to minimize damage but I am really stumped on this.
Is that the style with the little blue pin and adjuster ring? If so, you need to pull the clutch lever to lift the pressure plate off the adjuster ring so it can turn. Also, the ring can often bind against the pin and need some serious tapping to break loose. But once it does it’s usually easy to turn, given the pressure plate isn’t resting on it.
Rickyisms
11/21/2020 11:38pm
silver753 wrote:
Did you turn the locking screws all the way out? You have to turn them way out, not just loosen them. If that doesn't work, try...
Did you turn the locking screws all the way out? You have to turn them way out, not just loosen them. If that doesn't work, try removing the entire pressure plate and see if you can move it when it isn't in the engine.
It moves without the pressure plate.

The Shop

Rickyisms
11/21/2020 11:39pm
Rickyisms wrote:
Installing one in my friends 2018 KX250F. I followed the manual as well as RMATV’s instructions to a T and now I’m running into problems with...
Broseph wrote:
Is that the style with the little blue pin and adjuster ring? If so, you need to pull the clutch lever to lift the pressure plate...
Is that the style with the little blue pin and adjuster ring? If so, you need to pull the clutch lever to lift the pressure plate off the adjuster ring so it can turn. Also, the ring can often bind against the pin and need some serious tapping to break loose. But once it does it’s usually easy to turn, given the pressure plate isn’t resting on it.
Since this has happened I lost all tension at the clutch lever as well. Would the plate locking up effect clutch slack possibly?
Rickyisms
11/22/2020 6:59am
Bump, rekluse is closed until Monday. Hoping someone might have some advice.
kunk
Fantasy
3008th
11/22/2020 8:01am
Rickyisms wrote:
Broseph wrote:
Is that the style with the little blue pin and adjuster ring? If so, you need to pull the clutch lever to lift the pressure plate...
Rickyisms wrote:
Since this has happened I lost all tension at the clutch lever as well. Would the plate locking up effect clutch slack possibly?
Yes. You have to reset the lever after you adjust the inner ring.

Post a reply to: Rekluse radius CX problems

The Latest