Rekluse radius CX problems

Related:
Create New Tag

11/21/2020 6:18 PM

Installing one in my friends 2018 KX250F. I followed the manual as well as RMATV’s instructions to a T and now I’m running into problems with adjusting. When I loosen the locking pin and go to adjust the adjustment plate it doesn’t budge. It won’t turn clockwise or counter clockwise. I’m not trying to put a lot of pressure on it to minimize damage but I am really stumped on this.

|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

11/21/2020 6:21 PM

Rekluse’ customer service is incredible. If you don’t get a quick answer here, contact them

|

11/21/2020 9:00 PM

Did you turn the locking screws all the way out? You have to turn them way out, not just loosen them. If that doesn't work, try removing the entire pressure plate and see if you can move it when it isn't in the engine.

|

11/21/2020 10:53 PM

Rickyisms wrote:

Installing one in my friends 2018 KX250F. I followed the manual as well as RMATV’s instructions to a T and now I’m running ...more

Is that the style with the little blue pin and adjuster ring? If so, you need to pull the clutch lever to lift the pressure plate off the adjuster ring so it can turn. Also, the ring can often bind against the pin and need some serious tapping to break loose. But once it does it’s usually easy to turn, given the pressure plate isn’t resting on it.

|

11/21/2020 11:38 PM

silver753 wrote:

Did you turn the locking screws all the way out? You have to turn them way out, not just loosen them. If that doesn't work, ...more

It moves without the pressure plate.

|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

11/21/2020 11:39 PM

Rickyisms wrote:

Installing one in my friends 2018 KX250F. I followed the manual as well as RMATV’s instructions to a T and now I’m running ...more

Broseph wrote:

Is that the style with the little blue pin and adjuster ring? If so, you need to pull the clutch lever to lift the pressure ...more

Since this has happened I lost all tension at the clutch lever as well. Would the plate locking up effect clutch slack possibly?

|

11/22/2020 6:59 AM

Bump, rekluse is closed until Monday. Hoping someone might have some advice.

|

11/22/2020 8:01 AM

Rickyisms wrote:

Broseph wrote:

Is that the style with the little blue pin and adjuster ring? If so, you need to pull the clutch lever to lift the pressure ...more

Rickyisms wrote:

Since this has happened I lost all tension at the clutch lever as well. Would the plate locking up effect clutch slack ...more

Yes. You have to reset the lever after you adjust the inner ring.

|