Rekluse RadiusCX

Related:
Create New Tag

11/21/2017 4:23 AM

Alright everyone i am looking for some opinions.

I am purchasing a Rekluse RadiusCX clutch for my 2017 Yamaha YZ250F and just curious if anyone out there has any experience with using one? What are some Pros and Cons? Any information is appreciated.

I race MX and amateur Arenacross and am looking for some help with my corner speed. I know the Rekluse is not a miracle worker however i think the less engine braking would help me to carry more speed into corners.

|

11/21/2017 6:30 AM

On the bikes I have ridden with the rekluse the engine braking was unchanged until the RPM 's fell below 2000, then it just idled.

|

11/21/2017 6:36 AM

I have a Rekluse.

Just think of it as a normal clutch in every way. But you can't stall the bike.

That's all you need to know. It'll help you in corners only to the extent that you can brake deeper without fear of stalling.

|

11/21/2017 6:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/21/2017 7:53 AM

I put a Rekluse Radius X in a full GYTR clutch assembly in my 2009 YZ 250f recently. It is like Robgvx said, once you set it up right you just can't stall it, which was exactly what I was after. It just gives the rider more confidence in the bike, and the ability to push knowing that a small tip over or mistake won't end up costing you 5 minutes of kick time. I'm an off-road rider/racer, and if I continue to ride 250f's off-road they will all have the newest version of the Rekluse system I can afford.

|

11/21/2017 7:01 AM

Pros- Momentum, corner speed, ability to brake later and more confidently, impossibly to stall, less and/or no need for use of clutch while cornering (see also momentum)

Cons- initial investment price

|

11/21/2017 7:04 AM

Is there a reason manufacturers don't put something like this in production bikes? Is it the cost? Seems like it would be a no brainer unless I am missing something.

|

11/21/2017 7:14 AM

I'm running one in an FC250. The older style automatic clutches took a bit of the initial hit off of idle from the bike, and some even seemed to not fully put power to the ground at higher rpm's. These do not have that issue.

I'm running the stiffest clutch springs, and the weakest spring in the EXP pack. This allows it to expand and apply pressure to the pressure plate immediately off of idle. If I let you ride it, you wouldn't know it was in there until I told you. With this set up, it essentially just eliminates the potential for stalling and let you focus on other things. If you're looking to eliminate the engine braking, I would play with different springs in the EXP pack, although you will also be changing (raising) the RPM at which it engages the transmission when you crack the throttle.

All told, I am sold on the system. Previously I thought the torque drive system was the best thing since sliced bread, and wouldn't mess with an auto clutch. This is the best of both worlds.

|

11/21/2017 7:20 AM

The X has combined the technology of the EXP with their manual clutch. This is a very nice unit IMO. This clutch will go into my new 450 when it gets here. I set my Rekluce's up for minimal to no engine braking on both my off-road and race bikes.The added no tall feature is only a bonus when a muck up.

|

Germany 1975 250 CZ Centerport, laydown shocks, mikuni with reed valve, Marzocchi forks with me as the motopilot

11/21/2017 7:22 AM

What’s the difference between the X and the z start pro?

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

11/21/2017 7:54 AM

Acidreamer wrote:

What’s the difference between the X and the z start pro?

Z start pro replaced by the EXP 3.0 from my understanding.

The radius X is the just a clutch pack. Doesnt include inner hub, cover.. etc but still works the same

|

11/21/2017 7:55 AM

CLT809 wrote:

I'm running one in an FC250. The older style automatic clutches took a bit of the initial hit off of idle from the bike, and some even seemed to not fully put power to the ground at higher rpm's. These do not have that issue.

I'm running the stiffest clutch springs, and the weakest spring in the EXP pack. This allows it to expand and apply pressure to the pressure plate immediately off of idle. If I let you ride it, you wouldn't know it was in there until I told you. With this set up, it essentially just eliminates the potential for stalling and let you focus on other things. If you're looking to eliminate the engine braking, I would play with different springs in the EXP pack, although you will also be changing (raising) the RPM at which it engages the transmission when you crack the throttle.

All told, I am sold on the system. Previously I thought the torque drive system was the best thing since sliced bread, and wouldn't mess with an auto clutch. This is the best of both worlds.

This set up sounds pretty dang good to me

|

11/21/2017 7:58 AM

Acidreamer wrote:

What’s the difference between the X and the z start pro?

Night and day...

Similar to the difference between a 1969 VW Superbeetle...and a 2018 VW GTI.

|

11/21/2017 8:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/21/2017 8:02 AM

Acidreamer wrote:

What’s the difference between the X and the z start pro?

Team MMR wrote:

Z start pro replaced by the EXP 3.0 from my understanding.

The radius X is the just a clutch pack. Doesnt include inner hub, cover.. etc but still works the same

The Z-Start was replaced by the EXP...which was replaced by the CORE 2.0 EXP which was replaced by the CORE EXP 3.0. (I'm not sure if replaced is the correct word...as I think they still sell all of those models)

The z-start is awful...the CORE exp 2.0 and now the 3.0 are the beds mods I've ever made to my bike (next to suspension).

|

11/21/2017 8:20 AM

Acidreamer wrote:

What’s the difference between the X and the z start pro?

Team MMR wrote:

Z start pro replaced by the EXP 3.0 from my understanding.

The radius X is the just a clutch pack. Doesnt include inner hub, cover.. etc but still works the same

Titan1 wrote:

The Z-Start was replaced by the EXP...which was replaced by the CORE 2.0 EXP which was replaced by the CORE EXP 3.0. (I'm not sure if replaced is the correct word...as I think they still sell all of those models)

The z-start is awful...the CORE exp 2.0 and now the 3.0 are the beds mods I've ever made to my bike (next to suspension).

yea with the z start ive noticed you have to let the engine rpm settle back to idle before you can downshift even with the clutch in. Love the auto clutch but that one thing is a deal breaker

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

11/21/2017 8:29 AM

Team MMR wrote:

Z start pro replaced by the EXP 3.0 from my understanding.

The radius X is the just a clutch pack. Doesnt include inner hub, cover.. etc but still works the same

Titan1 wrote:

The Z-Start was replaced by the EXP...which was replaced by the CORE 2.0 EXP which was replaced by the CORE EXP 3.0. (I'm not sure if replaced is the correct word...as I think they still sell all of those models)

The z-start is awful...the CORE exp 2.0 and now the 3.0 are the beds mods I've ever made to my bike (next to suspension).

Acidreamer wrote:

yea with the z start ive noticed you have to let the engine rpm settle back to idle before you can downshift even with the clutch in. Love the auto clutch but that one thing is a deal breaker

I rode a z start once...and could tell right away I wouldn't like it. Rode a Core EXP 2.0 once, and knew right away I'd love it...and I did.

It's a shame that so many people base their opinion of the entire rekluse production line off of an experience with the z start. So many people I know won't try a rekluse because they "tried a z start once and hated it"...and that's a shame.

|

11/21/2017 8:37 AM

Tried it, didn't like it. '14 yz450. Just took 'my' control over the clutch. I did better on my own. But, ive always stressed 'clutch control', so that's why. ID recommend for those who have none. Although, for any skilled person, except those getting paid to use it, and adjustment every half hour.

|

11/21/2017 9:35 AM

bluepumpkin wrote:

Is there a reason manufacturers don't put something like this in production bikes? Is it the cost? Seems like it would be a no brainer unless I am missing something.

I can't understand why every MX and SX pro isn't using one. The ability to brake deeper with the certainty of never stalling are priceless advantages.

Plus, remember that after a crash the chances are that your bike will still be running with a Rekluse (for a few seconds at least). For a pro it's inexcusable to lose even more positions starting their bike when there's a bolt-on product that would have prevented it stopping in the first place.

I've yet to discover a downside.

If I had to criticise anything it's that Rekluse's marketing doesn't really convey how good they are.

|

11/21/2017 9:37 AM

loftyair wrote:

Tried it, didn't like it. '14 yz450. Just took 'my' control over the clutch. I did better on my own. But, ive always stressed 'clutch control', so that's why. ID recommend for those who have none. Although, for any skilled person, except those getting paid to use it, and adjustment every half hour.

Why did it take 'your' control of the clutch away when it still operates as a manual clutch? Did that bike not still have a clutch lever?

|

11/21/2017 11:14 AM

loftyair wrote:

Tried it, didn't like it. '14 yz450. Just took 'my' control over the clutch. I did better on my own. But, ive always stressed 'clutch control', so that's why. ID recommend for those who have none. Although, for any skilled person, except those getting paid to use it, and adjustment every half hour.

What model did you try?

The Z-start pro...and even the EXP disk (rather than full Core EXP package) do feel different than a normal clutch, so your experience would prove true. But if you tried the Core EXP 2.0/3.0-and assuming it was set up correctly-it doesn't affect the clutch control at all...so there is no way it would affect your ability to control your clutch.

And I'm on my 4th Rekluse...and they don't have to be adjusted every half hour. I've never heard of anyone needed to adjust it that often.

|

11/21/2017 12:01 PM

I'm running this on my Husky FE350. It's fully adjustable and with the turn of a screw I can make my bike COMPLETELY Manual.

Their Slave-Cylinder is a necessary improvement for all Huskies and Katooms.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

11/21/2017 12:06 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

I'm running this on my Husky FE350. It's fully adjustable and with the turn of a screw I can make my bike COMPLETELY Manual.

Their Slave-Cylinder is a necessary improvement for all Huskies and Katooms.

I think the Radius will be next Rekluse...I just bought the Core EXP 3.0...and I kind of wish I'd over purchased the Radius.

Those Huskies and Katooms though? nah...lol

|

11/21/2017 12:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/21/2017 12:18 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

I'm running this on my Husky FE350. It's fully adjustable and with the turn of a screw I can make my bike COMPLETELY Manual.

Their Slave-Cylinder is a necessary improvement for all Huskies and Katooms.

Titan1 wrote:

I think the Radius will be next Rekluse...I just bought the Core EXP 3.0...and I kind of wish I'd over purchased the Radius.

Those Huskies and Katooms though? nah...lol

Contact Rekluse with your Dilemma. I'm thinking you'll be happy.

Btw, raced a true Bruce Ogilvie XR650R at the B1K...

NOTHING works as good in the rocky-nasty-rough Baja like Bruce's bike.

Nothing.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

11/21/2017 12:37 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

I'm running this on my Husky FE350. It's fully adjustable and with the turn of a screw I can make my bike COMPLETELY Manual.

Their Slave-Cylinder is a necessary improvement for all Huskies and Katooms.

Titan1 wrote:

I think the Radius will be next Rekluse...I just bought the Core EXP 3.0...and I kind of wish I'd over purchased the Radius.

Those Huskies and Katooms though? nah...lol

They have a 30 day money back guarantee where you can get a different one

|

11/21/2017 12:42 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

I'm running this on my Husky FE350. It's fully adjustable and with the turn of a screw I can make my bike COMPLETELY Manual.

Their Slave-Cylinder is a necessary improvement for all Huskies and Katooms.

Titan1 wrote:

I think the Radius will be next Rekluse...I just bought the Core EXP 3.0...and I kind of wish I'd over purchased the Radius.

Those Huskies and Katooms though? nah...lol

Team MMR wrote:

They have a 30 day money back guarantee where you can get a different one

I think "just bought" was maybe a bit of an overstatement...I bought it several months ago...and recently installed it, I've probably got 15 or 20 hours on it now.

|

11/21/2017 12:44 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

I'm running this on my Husky FE350. It's fully adjustable and with the turn of a screw I can make my bike COMPLETELY Manual.

Their Slave-Cylinder is a necessary improvement for all Huskies and Katooms.

Titan1 wrote:

I think the Radius will be next Rekluse...I just bought the Core EXP 3.0...and I kind of wish I'd over purchased the Radius.

Those Huskies and Katooms though? nah...lol

TeamGreen wrote:

Contact Rekluse with your Dilemma. I'm thinking you'll be happy.

Btw, raced a true Bruce Ogilvie XR650R at the B1K...

NOTHING works as good in the rocky-nasty-rough Baja like Bruce's bike.

Nothing.

I'd love to try a true race worthy XR650 in the desert...I imagine wanting to do nothing but go in a straight line, no matter what...and that would be so much fun!

So you raced B1K? How was it? (Sorry for the potential tangent.)

|