Rekluse - AMAZING customer service

There are so many posts pissing and moaning about things lately that I felt I had to call out Rekluse for some incredible customer service I recently received. I Bought a Rekluse Radius CX fully auto clutch in 2017 for my 2016 KTM 350 SX-F. I installed it myself and it’s been amazing until last weekend, when the EXP base plate snapped in half from, I think, extreme heat, with just 20 hours on it. This whole escapade is very annoying because I’m meticulous about my bike prep and maintenance.

I took my bike into a local shop to have the valves checked and adjusted (50 hours on it, but they were in spec). While they had the bike they found the clutch was slipping so they adjusted it. This was a few days before a LL area qualifier and, while I should have checked the free play gain myself, I didn’t because, well, I trusted professional mechanics to adjust a clutch and I was manic busy getting everything ready for the race (my second race since 2016).

I first noticed there was a problem in my practice session when I did a practice start and the thing was dragging heavily with the clutch all the way in. I rode my practice and also noticed that it was very hard to shift. When I got back to the truck I saw that the clutch had no free play gain. I tried to adjust it but I couldn’t get it to a point where it wasn’t dragging but had adequate free play gain. I thought the friction plates might be worn, but I didn’t have any replacements so I just had to nurse it through the day. I’m not a clutch abuser, but I did have to run four moto starts with the thing.

The clutch got me through and after the race I called Rekluse where their tech guy spent 30 minutes explaining how I can test for what might be wrong and what to look for when I tear it down. So I tore it down and discovered that the EXP base plate is snapped in two, the quarter-turn pins had snapped and the friction plates look like they had been exposed to too much heat. Wow! When I saw that I felt so fortunate to have avoided the thing exploding - testament to a great product being able to hold together under race conditions for four motos in such a state. My best guess as to what happened is the bike shop went too far out on the slave adjuster, didn’t leave enough free play gain and the clutch failed after getting too hot.

I called Rekluse again and explained the situation, not really expecting them to do much for me because, while I only have 20 hours on the clutch, I bought it four years ago. I couldn’t have been more wrong. They sympathized with my plight and offered me a heavy discount on a new clutch pack and EXP base, all with free two-day shipping so I’ll be able to get my bike up and running ASAP.

I’m not sponsored by Rekluse and have no relationship with them other than buying their fancy clutch four years ago. I just wanted to publicly thank them for standing behind their (great!) product and going above and beyond for me.

So if anyone’s in any doubt about spending a bit more and buying a Rekluse clutch, just do it - you get what you pay for, and then some.

Cheers
Simon

|
Kanewel433
4/2/2021 9:42am
I had the exact same experience and posted it on here about 2 years ago - clutch pack they sent was actually for a 350 when i ordered one for my 250, and ultimately the EXP plate broke. They heavily discounted the parts, and paid for a complete engine rebuild at the shop of my choice to remove all the aluminum shavings that got circulated around the engine.

Great service from Rekluse
Paw Paw 271
4/2/2021 9:50am
I too have had great experience with their customer service department and their tech helping me set up my unit for a different power delivery for my application. They were great and made sure I got the parts I need to do what I wanted the first time.

We need more companies like this.

Paw Paw
49weasel
4/2/2021 9:55am
I have nothing but great things to say about them. In 2018 I bought the Radius X second hand and had a ton of issues with it.. Called in and complained they admitted that they were having issues with it and they sent me the Radius CXfor $100. I quickly realized an auto clutch wasn't for me and I called to pick their brain for setup.. At the end of the conversation we came to the conclusion that an auto was a bad idea for me and they sent me a full Torque Drive setup for free..
bh
4/4/2021 12:22pm
+1 for their customer support. Every time I’ve called up there it has been a good experience. Seems like a lot of their staff rides and is very knowledgeable and passionate about the product. A plus company for sure.

The Shop

Nate_Z
4/4/2021 6:44pm
I'm guessing you talked with Charles...he's the man and Rekluse is awesome!
racerxx276
4/4/2021 7:24pm
Charles loves his 450 suzuki , but he's pretty fast!
Natester551v
4/5/2021 12:02pm
I've had similar experiences w/Rekluse. They are one of the best companies in our sport - hands down.

c0ncEpT
4/5/2021 1:07pm
Rekluse is a stand up company with amazing products.

One of the only companies that there parent company, Race Winning Brands hasn't destroyed.
Moto520
4/5/2021 1:55pm
Same for me....great customer service.
4/6/2021 8:34pm
I have used Al’s products since the ball bearing ramp version on my 2002 crf450r. Products are always great. Company is all about continuous improvement. Good folks

Post a reply to: Rekluse - AMAZING customer service

The Latest