Regal tweet

2whlfun
Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 1:33pm
kyleREGAL Kyle Regal
What do y'all think, blue like the sky or yellow like the sun, I like the sun!! #riding #training #TEXAShot

Veiled Suzuki reference?
|
MXDAD140
7/28/2011 6:01pm
I wondered how long it was going to take for someone to see it.
DownSouth
7/28/2011 6:07pm
So if they have enough money to defend in court against breaking the Yamaha contact they can ride Zook's next year?
MX Culture
7/28/2011 6:14pm
Regal was seen riding yellow the day after the national at Millville 2 weeks ago.
2whlfun
7/28/2011 6:52pm
I just hope all of these riders find good homes and speed so we can enjoy more great racing.

The Shop

Sandberm
7/28/2011 6:59pm
Is Regal signed to ride on James team next year?

If Regal signed a 2 year deal to ride for L&M, isnt his contract also voidable just like the L&M/Yamaha deal?

Hed make a nice replacement if Dunge goes to KTM.
DownSouth
7/28/2011 7:09pm Edited Date/Time 7/28/2011 7:18pm
Sandberm wrote:
Is Regal signed to ride on James team next year? If Regal signed a 2 year deal to ride for L&M, isnt his contract also voidable...
Is Regal signed to ride on James team next year?

If Regal signed a 2 year deal to ride for L&M, isnt his contract also voidable just like the L&M/Yamaha deal?

Hed make a nice replacement if Dunge goes to KTM.
I highly doubt Regal's deal was for 2 years. The second rider at L&M had always been an afterthought. Ramsey was the only guy to last more than one year and I am guessing that was becuase he and Reed were buds. Chisholm and Hill were both one and done.

Is the contract voidable? Just because you buy a business I don't think that means you can just walk away from existing contracts. I guess it could depend on how the contract is worded.

Yamaha sued Windham for bailing on a letter of intent to resign in 1999. I would guess that since they have paid Stewart a lot of money and have a 2 year deal that they will fight to have it enforced.
CamP
7/28/2011 7:12pm
Yellow > blue
kiwifan
7/28/2011 7:30pm
sounds like he is going yellow but is that for JS's team or JGR's or Rockstar Suzook...I wonder?
7/28/2011 7:36pm
Can someone explain a basic question? I'm not exactly sure how the pro scene works.

Why is the bike manufacture so definite to these riders and their sponsors if it isn't straight up factory backed support?

I mean I can understand why a factory Kawasaki team would require their rider obviously to be on a Kawasaki....cause the money is coming from Kawasaki.

But non factory backed teams, why is it so important that they ride Yamaha's, or any other specific OEM. I mean if they want to win, why not let their riders pick their bike? I don't get it. You still have the rider, the sponsor name, shit probably even the same gear, just a different color, and if the rider is more comfortable on a different OEM, then your going to get more exposure since he will have better finishes.

Like the guy above said, just hope the riders can find their speed and stay safe.
karterron
7/28/2011 7:51pm
DownSouth wrote:
So if they have enough money to defend in court against breaking the Yamaha contact they can ride Zook's next year?
You're assuming they have an ironclad contract with James. None of us know what the details and fine print of the contract are, it may not be what you're thinking it is.

For the sake of argument, let's say Yamaha is right about the wording. Why would they want to keep someone that wants out? In that scenario I would think a buyout would happen. It does them no good to force someone to stay on their bike that doesn't want to be. And that's only IF the contract is ironclad. I'm not convinced it is or that simple.
Coyote
7/28/2011 7:51pm
Can someone explain a basic question? I'm not exactly sure how the pro scene works. Why is the bike manufacture so definite to these riders and...
Can someone explain a basic question? I'm not exactly sure how the pro scene works.

Why is the bike manufacture so definite to these riders and their sponsors if it isn't straight up factory backed support?

I mean I can understand why a factory Kawasaki team would require their rider obviously to be on a Kawasaki....cause the money is coming from Kawasaki.

But non factory backed teams, why is it so important that they ride Yamaha's, or any other specific OEM. I mean if they want to win, why not let their riders pick their bike? I don't get it. You still have the rider, the sponsor name, shit probably even the same gear, just a different color, and if the rider is more comfortable on a different OEM, then your going to get more exposure since he will have better finishes.

Like the guy above said, just hope the riders can find their speed and stay safe.
Direct manufacture/factory support is one thing as they ride whoever is supporting them ie JS7. Although I haven't seen the actual contract between Yamaha and JS7 I cannot believe the two will part ways but thats why they call this time of the year "silly season"!! With Regal "tweeting" today what color looks good blue or yellow, the shit will hit the fan pretty soon if it hasn't already at Yamaha!!
pb465
7/28/2011 8:52pm
He only had a one year contract with the team and I wouldn't associate what Kyle is doing/riding with what James is doing.
jasonv43
7/28/2011 9:49pm
Here's a twist.

Yellow and Blue make - GREEN
easy_e
7/28/2011 11:20pm
So true..does anyone know if he's under contract with l&m until the end of the outdoors?
Team Ideal
7/29/2011 8:46am
I went with silver instead of blue or yellow!! I wanted the more stealth look!! Don't jump to conclusions!! #orbea http://t.co/mYEp41p

haha looks like kyle's having a little fun.
nytsmaC
7/29/2011 8:54am
That doesn't look like fun at all.

This looks like fun.

Ddavis
7/29/2011 9:12am
Rockstar/Makita Suzuki = I can only hope. Metcalfe and Regal at Suzuki would be a solid team. Even bring Desalle in there, I bet they can get Metcalfe and Desalle and snag Regal for cheap just because Regal doesn't care about the $$$ he just loves to race.
NP301
7/29/2011 9:27am
Ddavis wrote:
Rockstar/Makita Suzuki = I can only hope. Metcalfe and Regal at Suzuki would be a solid team. Even bring Desalle in there, I bet they can...
Rockstar/Makita Suzuki = I can only hope. Metcalfe and Regal at Suzuki would be a solid team. Even bring Desalle in there, I bet they can get Metcalfe and Desalle and snag Regal for cheap just because Regal doesn't care about the $$$ he just loves to race.
ya that worked out well with grant too didn't it!!!
7/29/2011 10:23am
easy_e wrote:
So true..does anyone know if he's under contract with l&m until the end of the outdoors?
i think the contract ends in October
kawasa84
7/29/2011 10:43am Edited Date/Time 7/29/2011 11:06am
The Regals sold their property in Kemp, TX several months ago. Does anyone know where they relocated to.? Their track they started called "underground mx" is still open I believe by the new owners.
Kyle used to be a Suzuki amatuer before turning pro.
I was just curious where they moved, if anyone knew. I used to ride that place several times a year. Awsome track.
7/29/2011 10:43am
Based on the latest Yamaha commercials not having Stewart in them any longer (started a few months ago after the SX season) I'd say there's a good chance L&M and/or Stewart are no longer tied to Yamaha...
Sherwood
7/29/2011 11:04am
Based on the latest Yamaha commercials not having Stewart in them any longer (started a few months ago after the SX season) I'd say there's a...
Based on the latest Yamaha commercials not having Stewart in them any longer (started a few months ago after the SX season) I'd say there's a good chance L&M and/or Stewart are no longer tied to Yamaha...
Or they don't want to pay Stewart for the commercials.

Post a reply to: Regal tweet

The Latest