Regal and Alessi at Washougal

Related:
Create New Tag

7/28/2010 8:43 PM

I found these pics from a local media guy. Shows Kyle Regals crash that put him out for the weekend. The last few pics kind of makes ya change your thinking on Alessi a little bit.
[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

Official member of the ElHombre fan club

Team MooseCAN

Deano2021

7/28/2010 8:47 PM

stopped to help an injured rider while no doubt costing himself valuble practice time (god knows he needed it). Anyways, thought it was a cool sequence of events showing a hated rider doing something behind the scenes for someone else. Kudos to Mikey

|

Team MooseCAN

Deano2021

7/28/2010 8:48 PM

hartebreak wrote:

stopped to help an injured rider while no doubt costing himself valuble practice time (god knows he needed it). Anyways, ...more

whos the hated rider? w00t

|

7/28/2010 8:53 PM

ok, hated is a strong term. How about "heavily riddiculed". HAHA.

|

Team MooseCAN

Deano2021

7/28/2010 8:54 PM

Never thought I would say the word class when referring to Alessi and not in an educational sense. wink But...

That's Class. Good to see any time a racer shows sportsmanship like this and good on you Mikey.

|

7/28/2010 9:04 PM

Yea thats good stuff for #800, maybe he s not to bad of guy after all! Hopefully his dad can see the picture!

|

7/28/2010 9:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/28/2010 9:11 PM

I think Mikes matured a lot in the last few years, and is basically still a target for "things gone bad" from a long time ago. He's really trying to do right...

|

7/28/2010 9:21 PM

Remember that alot of what you hear about the allessis is blown out of proportion. Good to see it.

|

7/28/2010 9:27 PM

Most people like Mike, I know I do. Its Tony that most people cant stand.

|

Ed Johnson

7/28/2010 9:28 PM

Wait a sec... You mean we cant judge people by what we see on TV?

|

7/28/2010 9:30 PM

He was asking for permission to stand on Kyles kill button.

|

7/28/2010 9:41 PM

Not surprising to me. Just watch the end of The Great Outdoors Industrial Strength. After he lost the championship to RV, he waved and said thanks to fans on the way back to his semi. The Mike Allesi that everyone thinks they know would have just blown them off and been a jerk. That's the real mike in the sequence above..

|

7/28/2010 10:00 PM

What's most telling about that pic is where it is on the track. That's just over horsepower hill after the left turn. Completely out of site for 99% of the fans and 99% of the midia. By far the most isolated part of the track so don't think for a second Mikey thought there would be a pic of this. That's 100% a classy and selfless act.. The universe hopefully will help him out for that one.

|

7/28/2010 10:04 PM

WAIT....where id WFO at? And where the hell is the camera woman who was supposedly in the way? Maybe I just can't see it , but it didn't look like any Camera crew was around.

Glad Regal is going to be ok......I dig that kid! And that was cool of Alessi to stop and check on him for sure....big props to Mike.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

7/28/2010 10:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/28/2010 10:16 PM

Thanks for posting those...pretty cool.

Actually that's in a different spot than the crash that I know about (second practice), so it looks like it wasn't the only time that Kyle had gone down in the two practices.

|

7/28/2010 10:19 PM

GuyB wrote:

Thanks for posting those...pretty cool.

Actually that's in a different spot than the crash that I know about (second practice), ...more

Ah......ok , that makes sense. BTW Steve , it was good meeting you there for the 5 seconds we shook hands up on top of the hill. I knew you were busy doin' your stuff , but either way , it was good to finally meet you.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

7/28/2010 10:24 PM

Very cool, Tony's gonna be pissed!!!

|

7/28/2010 10:25 PM

Hey Jeffro, sorry I couldn't stay and chat longer, but those practices aren't a lot of time to accumulate some good stuff for Pit Bits. smile

Regal's second crash was up past where I saw you, after the u-turn.

|

7/28/2010 10:31 PM

GuyB wrote:

Hey Jeffro, sorry I couldn't stay and chat longer, but those practices aren't a lot of time to accumulate some good stuff for ...more

On the fast down hill sections?? Jesus Christ....I didn't see it happen , but that is scary just thinking about it! That is an extremely fast section.....and if you go down.....you'll go a long ways before you come to a stop.

BTW....no biggie Steve! maybe we'll see each other again at the Seattle SX or Washougal next year.

|

7/28/2010 10:43 PM

i wonder if mike told regal to just go back to school? wink

mike IS a good dude for the most part.

|

7/28/2010 10:59 PM

too bad 800 cant rent out DC's nutsack, he'd be a hero on vital haha

|

7/28/2010 11:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/28/2010 11:38 PM

Good on Mike. But to be fair, isnt this what we all do at the track? I know I stop to check on every down rider I pass, and I dont ever remember any riders going by me after a hard get off without at least asking me if I was alright.

|

Are you smart enough to buy a bike that costs less, weighs less, makes more horsepower per cubic centimeter, can be rebuilt for recycled aluminum can money and is giggle inducing? It is hard to believe that the American riding public flunks this test en masse. How stupid are you?

7/28/2010 11:41 PM

FlaNard wrote:

Good on Mike. But to be fair, isnt this what we all do at the track? I know I stop to check on every down rider I pass, and I ...more

Last time I was laying on the side of the track in pain, another rider swapped out and hit me full speed. Like that? Just checking if I was alright (well, in a hurry i guess)

|

Enter my Weekly Fantasy Series here: Weekly Fantasy SX Series
Enter my Full Season Fantasy Series here: Full Season Fantasy SX Series

7/28/2010 11:43 PM

FlaNard wrote:

Good on Mike. But to be fair, isnt this what we all do at the track? I know I stop to check on every down rider I pass, and I ...more

Ddavis wrote:

Last time I was laying on the side of the track in pain, another rider swapped out and hit me full speed. Like that? Just ...more

Well you guys might take it alot more serious in Cali. But everyone stops to help you here. Ive pushed more then a few bikes back to the trucks of hurt riders I didnt know.

|

Are you smart enough to buy a bike that costs less, weighs less, makes more horsepower per cubic centimeter, can be rebuilt for recycled aluminum can money and is giggle inducing? It is hard to believe that the American riding public flunks this test en masse. How stupid are you?

7/28/2010 11:58 PM

Great photos tell the whole story.

Best wishes to Regal and a great show of courtesy and concern by Alessi.

|

7/29/2010 12:13 AM

Good for 800

|

Osama Bin Mixin - Head of the 2-stroke Taliban

7/29/2010 12:51 AM

Tactful move on MA's part. You sure he wasn't just asking Kyle to borrow his bike for the race? wink

|

7/29/2010 5:41 AM

FlaNard wrote:

Well you guys might take it alot more serious in Cali. But everyone stops to help you here. Ive pushed more then a few bikes ...more

Over the bars at the end of a moto, and a guy I was racing against stopped to check on me. He said he was a paramedic. I told him I didn't want to ruin his moto and to keep going.

|

7/29/2010 5:45 AM

Mike is a good kid no doubt.
He takes a lot of crap for the antics of those around him but he is a solid guy.

|

7/29/2010 6:43 AM

Just when I though Mike couldnt do anything dumber, he comes back and TOTALLY REDEEMS HIMSELF! cheerful

|