Reedy stirring the pot...

1-forty-8
8/10/2013 4:36am
Has anyone heard anything about the Aus Nations team? The obvious choice I guess would be Metty, Ferris and Reed.. Maybe Reed can be reborn there. Like in 2011 when he won a moto after that crash.. Hope so, I like the guy.
davistld01
8/10/2013 5:16am
RC walked away after he'd left his mark...and he saw that another generation was coming up to inherit the kingdom.
MC walked away after he'd left his mark...and he saw that another generation was coming up to inherit the kingdom.

Both these riders, and past champions, had the intelligence to see the writing on the wall. They came to terms with the fact that they had done some great things in the sport...had banked enough money to make sure they or their families would never have to work again...and that they had the beginning of some things more important than feeding their egos & risking their lives: a family. They got out while they still had these things, and before a split second on the track cost them all they'd risked their lives for since they were youngsters.

Chad Reed is a champion. He has made his mark on this sport, and nobody can take that away from him. He's wealthy, world famous, has a beautiful family...and, at least for now, he has his health & his youth. I just hope Chad doesn't let his pride take any of that away.
Lamecake
8/10/2013 10:47am Edited Date/Time 8/10/2013 10:48am
Another solid 18th place finish. He's sure livin the dream at the moment.

edit: it was a 17th!
8/10/2013 10:51am
Goose on Pulp MX said he's suffering from physical issues.
Seems he's basically riding hurt.

The Shop

Spat24
Fantasy
618th
8/10/2013 11:03am
Dont think Yamaha would want to put all their eggs in Reeds basket. He is not performing - regardless why - mental, physical, emotional or age - he is not performing. The JGR guys are beating him easily and Grant is putting in some really good rides. Should Yamaha provide support - sure, but dont expect any top 8 rides.

This is pro sports and the guys writing the checks care about one thing: Results.
8/10/2013 11:40am
Reed to JGR.

They need him.

Yamaha needs him.

Chad needs them. (not really but it would take a load off his shoulders)
SlowMoFo
8/10/2013 11:55am
Reed is done.......talk about stirring the pot!Whistling
mxgoon
8/10/2013 3:55pm
davistld01 wrote:
RC walked away after he'd left his mark...and he saw that another generation was coming up to inherit the kingdom. MC walked away after he'd left...
RC walked away after he'd left his mark...and he saw that another generation was coming up to inherit the kingdom.
MC walked away after he'd left his mark...and he saw that another generation was coming up to inherit the kingdom.

Both these riders, and past champions, had the intelligence to see the writing on the wall. They came to terms with the fact that they had done some great things in the sport...had banked enough money to make sure they or their families would never have to work again...and that they had the beginning of some things more important than feeding their egos & risking their lives: a family. They got out while they still had these things, and before a split second on the track cost them all they'd risked their lives for since they were youngsters.

Chad Reed is a champion. He has made his mark on this sport, and nobody can take that away from him. He's wealthy, world famous, has a beautiful family...and, at least for now, he has his health & his youth. I just hope Chad doesn't let his pride take any of that away.
MC left after he had his ass handed to him by RC and the KTM.

Cool story though bro!
DrSweden
8/11/2013 11:25am
DrSweden wrote:
Meanwhile he's totally dodging the elephant in the room, dude claim he's sick, and can't ride because of that, what the hell has the color of...
Meanwhile he's totally dodging the elephant in the room, dude claim he's sick, and can't ride because of that, what the hell has the color of the bike, the guy holding the wrench or paycheck to do with anything at this point?

Get healthy. Come back with pseudo concerns later mate.
toroP wrote:
Right, because he can't post messages or work out his team/bike deal while he's trying to get healthy.:dry: Is he supposed to be locked in a...
Right, because he can't post messages or work out his team/bike deal while he's trying to get healthy.Dry

Is he supposed to be locked in a hyperbaric chamber, with no communication with humans?

"what the hell has the color of the bike, the guy holding the wrench or paycheck to do with anything at this point?"
uh ...... it's called career.
You have a point, and of course your opinion isn't worse than mine. I guess it's just a matter how some approach things. I felt being sick, and all the consequences with that is the reason why he's barely top ten, and until that get's sorted, another ride meaning another team will put their stock in him etc, might not be suited to be on the table? How many would be interested right now? I mean does he have a bug, or is it some series issue?

Also wonder why he spills the beans in this matter when the healthy issue is the elephant?

I guess he has his reasons...
WeiserGuy
8/11/2013 12:57pm
He's buying into the 100% American made Hurricane motorcycles company. Team Hurricane two two for 2014 & beyond! Hired Johnny Rivera as his trainer and has Bad Billy Robinson running the amateur program. Stamp it bitches!!
Outsider
8/11/2013 1:12pm
Chad has been hired by the owner of Vitalmx to start rumors full time... it's a gold mine in advertising hits!
davistld01
8/11/2013 4:39pm Edited Date/Time 8/11/2013 4:41pm
davistld01 wrote:
RC walked away after he'd left his mark...and he saw that another generation was coming up to inherit the kingdom. MC walked away after he'd left...

mxgoon wrote:

Cool story though bro!
The KTM? Huh? Oh, yeah...I get it.

Anyway...point is, they both got out while they both were still healthy, had a loaded bank account & could parlay their names into lots more money for years afterwards. Hell, both RC & McGrath have probably made a few million since then from sponsorship deals...not to mention both their modest successes in 4-wheel racing.

One bad fall, and all that...and any chance of it for Chad, Ellie & Tate fly out the window. I know Chads a racer through & through...but maybe he needs to consider things.

Or maybe not...what the heck do I know? Unsure
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
8/11/2013 4:53pm
davistld01 wrote:

So when you walk in to work each day, do you take a look around, see if there is any up and coming staff that may take your job? If there is do you just step aside and say here you go, I don't really need my income you take it?

Seriously the guys wants to keep racing, what is the problem, If he should pack it in so should every rider behind him, now image how much fun watching a national series with just 10-20 riders on the gate would be!
davistld01
8/11/2013 5:01pm Edited Date/Time 8/11/2013 5:04pm
davistld01 wrote:

aaryn #234 wrote:
So when you walk in to work each day, do you take a look around, see if there is any up and coming staff that may...
So when you walk in to work each day, do you take a look around, see if there is any up and coming staff that may take your job? If there is do you just step aside and say here you go, I don't really need my income you take it?

Seriously the guys wants to keep racing, what is the problem, If he should pack it in so should every rider behind him, now image how much fun watching a national series with just 10-20 riders on the gate would be!
If I'm worth a rumored $60,000,000...have a beautiful wife, a great son, a championship legacy, can still be involved with the sport as a team owner & escape the risks...I'd have to give it more than a fleeting thought.

As far as his team employees futures, Chad could easily buy out their contracts and provide future security for them. Every member of TwoTwo are stellar performers. I doubt they would have an issue getting a job elsewhere.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
8/11/2013 5:12pm
Why?

The risk of inury or worse is there in every facet of life, I would bet that Reed would feel more confident on a race track with himself and the riders around him than on a busy freeway surrounded by strangers traveling at higher speeds.

With all his money should he just stay at home wrapped in a bubble?

He like all riders will stop riding when he feels it is right I would say, just like RC and MC did Just like KW did and maybe even on day Mike Brown though I don't see that day coming soon.
Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
8/12/2013 2:46pm Edited Date/Time 8/12/2013 2:48pm
davistld01 wrote:

aaryn #234 wrote:
So when you walk in to work each day, do you take a look around, see if there is any up and coming staff that may...

davistld01 wrote:
If I'm worth a rumored $60,000,000...have a beautiful wife, a great son, a championship legacy, can still be involved with the sport as a team owner...
If I'm worth a rumored $60,000,000...have a beautiful wife, a great son, a championship legacy, can still be involved with the sport as a team owner & escape the risks...I'd have to give it more than a fleeting thought.

As far as his team employees futures, Chad could easily buy out their contracts and provide future security for them. Every member of TwoTwo are stellar performers. I doubt they would have an issue getting a job elsewhere.
I agree completely . And I would give it more than fleeting though..but based on that logic he could have retired years ago . So he still must enjoy racing!!
Personally as a fan of his the last couple of pro race I've went to watch I didn't want to miss because I feel the opportinities to watch Reedy are nearing the end .
And he's earned the right to retire at any time IMO ....#living Legend!!!
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
8/12/2013 11:59pm
One rumour I've heard is that chad and 22 motorsports have been speaking to Todd Waters about a ride in the coming future
You trying to say 22 Motorsports is going orange?
DocMarten
8/13/2013 12:20am
davistld01 wrote:

mxgoon wrote:

Cool story though bro!
davistld01 wrote:
The KTM? Huh? Oh, yeah...I get it. Anyway...point is, they both got out while they both were still healthy, had a loaded bank account & could...
The KTM? Huh? Oh, yeah...I get it.

Anyway...point is, they both got out while they both were still healthy, had a loaded bank account & could parlay their names into lots more money for years afterwards. Hell, both RC & McGrath have probably made a few million since then from sponsorship deals...not to mention both their modest successes in 4-wheel racing.

One bad fall, and all that...and any chance of it for Chad, Ellie & Tate fly out the window. I know Chads a racer through & through...but maybe he needs to consider things.

Or maybe not...what the heck do I know? Unsure
indeed

its too bad the bogans on here are too full of themselves to realize this
8/13/2013 1:51am
One rumour I've heard is that chad and 22 motorsports have been speaking to Todd Waters about a ride in the coming future
aaryn #234 wrote:
You trying to say 22 Motorsports is going orange?
Good point, I didn't even think of that when I was told this, only hearsay but they were saying todd has had offers from europe and USA, including 22 Motorsports.
Maybe todd only signed a one year contract??
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
8/13/2013 2:57am
I think Todd only signed for one year, Mr powersports, I did not realize until this year that just about all Aussie contracts are one year contracts, not often a rider signs or has the opportunity to sign on for more than one season at a time down under.

I would be surprised to see Todd in the states next year, unless he started mid season at the Nationals, great rider that could certainly hold is own out doors.

Have not actually seen him ride a great deal of SX come to think of it, not that he cant has plenty of skill on a dirt cycle.

I can see him Euro land next year, especially on a White and Red kato!
Stoop
Fantasy
767th
8/13/2013 3:08am
Hope Waters gets the nod to ride mxon over Reed. Metcalfe, Ferris, Waters should be the team
8/13/2013 7:28am Edited Date/Time 8/13/2013 7:31am
HaHa...reed to race in uganda nationals on a zero.....
As long as the guys from the Congo don't show, there shouldn't be any issues.

22 is a long term venture, I don't see him going anywhere for a long time. He'll pick up a rider to fill his boots before he shuts the doors.

Post a reply to: Reedy stirring the pot...

The Latest