Reedy stirring the pot...

Sandberm
8/8/2013 10:00pm
Seeing how Team Yamahas top team, Joe Gibbs, hasnt done anything and wont next year due to not signing a big name, wouldnt it make since to sign Chad and friends to debut the all new 450?
Gym Briggs
8/8/2013 10:59pm
It's gotta be tough being responsible for everything. Kind of like a privateer with a lot more moving parts, if you think about it. Some of...
It's gotta be tough being responsible for everything. Kind of like a privateer with a lot more moving parts, if you think about it. Some of the other guys just fly in and ride. I could see how that would grind you down after a couple of years.
You have to Respect what CR22 does and has accomplished. People that are hatin him right now just remember when he was flying through the air at Millville and got back up and finished you were fans!

What we are seeing is right now he is getting back up and finishing that moto! CR isn't finished cause he knows he still has it. He won't lie to himself and continue this on the sheer risk alone. The guy will get back up and win races and contend for championships! He knows the speed and he knows he has to be able to obtain it.

This is why we all sit here and talk MOTO! Moto is the most complex rewarding female we have ever met! It excites us all in the same way! It also could bring you to your knees just as fast! Come on 40 wide on the start of an outdoor national.. If that doesn't make your hair stand up on the back of your neck, you sir are....!

There is so many aspects to it!

There is the mental. I can't recall how many "next great things" I have unfortunately seen not make it do to sheer head problems alone. Riders that will destroy you at a local track or practice but go to an outdoor looks like he just is left over from C Practice.

The physical side of it. Racers who just won't put in the training. Training to the level that they all go! It's for a reason. It gives you that edge...

Then you have the machine.. The level they all ride at to me Moto now is all about setup. If these guys aren't happy with setup he isn't going to be himself!

It all goes back to mental.

Personally he is uncomfortable with whatever aspect it is bike/body. Until he is comfortable in all aspects he won't be what he knows he can be.

Please remember everyone the reason we respect these guys is cause we don't know the speed they are going.

On top of all that he is running his team! I don't know if we can ALL comprehend on what goes into that. I mean pitching to companies. The guy assembled himself the allstar line up of personel around him.

Ill stop my rant after this:

Best case scenario! Two Two Motorsports gets picked up by the JGR squad. JGR adds another team to their program. Like they do in NASCAR. With full Yamaha support! Chads infrastructure is kept in tact that he has built. That program he put together is championship capeable. He feels good on the bike, happy with his program. Goes out and contends for race wins and championships along side the Ryan's, JS7, BamBam, Trey, Davi and anyone else that has their shit together! Really we all win cause we get to witness it!
Marshj
8/8/2013 11:16pm
jevyguy wrote:
This is just typical Reed talking. Whatever he says on the Internet is usually not as exciting as he makes it sound.
Welcome to marketing. And why he makes money vs your boring standard mx world. #interesting #reedstillwins

The Shop

kiwifan
8/9/2013 12:49am
Ozzy wrote:
For the last time, Chad gets ALL his FACTORY HONDA stuff for FREE! Just like their own 2 guys................. Plus free room & board. It was...
For the last time,

Chad gets ALL his FACTORY HONDA stuff for FREE!

Just like their own 2 guys.................
Plus free room & board.

It was well earned the old fashion way, HARD WORK!!
:-)
8/9/2013 2:37am
As much as I have been a REED hard core fan all through the RC days, the short KW season, the JS stuff up till now...
As much as I have been a REED hard core fan all through the RC days, the short KW season, the JS stuff up till now. I do know that if he is not 100% happy with all aspects of the team and bike he struggles. But when he is on he is ON. I hope he has this opportunity in the near future.
It is one of the issues when competing at a very high level, 1 micro change even of mood can make you finish 3rd or 20th ...
andyman
8/9/2013 7:58am
chapmanmx wrote:
To answer the ongoing question about what ill ride next year 1st I'm trying to decide to keep the dream alive? or go ride for someone...

To answer the ongoing question about what ill ride next year
1st I'm trying to decide to keep the dream alive? or go ride for someone else..

— Chad Reed (@CRtwotwo) August 8, 2013

Hmmmmmm
Looking from pics in twitter last week Reed looks like hes in better shape that he was month a go.
Hes also been much more active in social media like he was when things were going good. It looks like hes feeling better every week.

Reed in top 6 this weekend! Go Chad and team 22!!
jeffro503
8/9/2013 9:09am
Ozzy wrote:
For the last time, Chad gets ALL his FACTORY HONDA stuff for FREE! Just like their own 2 guys................. Plus free room & board. It was...
For the last time,

Plus free room & board.

Thank you Ozzy. I was mistaken. I thought he was leasing them. Either way , I wish Chad , you and the rest of the team good luck this next coming season.
40Plus_922mx
8/9/2013 10:25am
Every year REEDY does like to throw some bait in the water. And it is usually laced with some truth in the making, as well as some untrue rumors around the industry. He definitely stirs the pot. Or at least gets it started. He is having fun with the drama machine.
davistld01
8/9/2013 10:42am Edited Date/Time 8/9/2013 10:43am
MX690 wrote:
You really are just a fucking idiot arnt you? With every single one of your Whiney, bitchy, cry baby, bullshit anti Reed posts that you make...
You really are just a fucking idiot arnt you? With every single one of your Whiney, bitchy, cry baby, bullshit anti Reed posts that you make, you continue to prove what a fuck wit you are.
davistld01 wrote:
Did I officially wad your panties, or what? Oh yeah, you're from OZ...sorry everything Chad does is hero-material. I'm just ready for Chad to get freaking...
Did I officially wad your panties, or what? Oh yeah, you're from OZ...sorry everything Chad does is hero-material.

I'm just ready for Chad to get freaking real and tell the story straight, not blame the bike and everybody else. Hell, if he's sick...why doesn't he call it a year and get better? He's remarkable when he's 100%...he's not when he's not.
kevin204 wrote:
He has a responsibility to his team and sponsors to be out there. He's a one-rider team. Get a clue, dipshit.
I do have a clue. I realize he's a one-man show, and his being out there makes a paycheck for his team and provides promotion for his sponsors...but if he truly is sick (and maybe he truly is), then what good is it going to do him to stay sick and riding at 75% back in the top-15...and then because of not giving himself the time to heal and recover, he winds up unable to train and in worse shape when the 2014 SX season comes around. That's all I'm saying. I'd like to see a 100% Chad Reed on the line at Anaheim, no matter if I'm a fan or not...dipshit.
Tumblin
8/9/2013 11:55am
davistld01 wrote:
Did I officially wad your panties, or what? Oh yeah, you're from OZ...sorry everything Chad does is hero-material. I'm just ready for Chad to get freaking...
Did I officially wad your panties, or what? Oh yeah, you're from OZ...sorry everything Chad does is hero-material.

I'm just ready for Chad to get freaking real and tell the story straight, not blame the bike and everybody else. Hell, if he's sick...why doesn't he call it a year and get better? He's remarkable when he's 100%...he's not when he's not.
kevin204 wrote:
He has a responsibility to his team and sponsors to be out there. He's a one-rider team. Get a clue, dipshit.
davistld01 wrote:
I do have a clue. I realize he's a one-man show, and his being out there makes a paycheck for his team and provides promotion for...
I do have a clue. I realize he's a one-man show, and his being out there makes a paycheck for his team and provides promotion for his sponsors...but if he truly is sick (and maybe he truly is), then what good is it going to do him to stay sick and riding at 75% back in the top-15...and then because of not giving himself the time to heal and recover, he winds up unable to train and in worse shape when the 2014 SX season comes around. That's all I'm saying. I'd like to see a 100% Chad Reed on the line at Anaheim, no matter if I'm a fan or not...dipshit.
Ok both you dipshits are stepping all around this turd, if he's sick and he's still needing for his team be out there why not put Westin on that bike? He'd match results and Chad could work on getting his Rad back.
Lamecake
8/9/2013 2:13pm
I agree Chad earned his stripes and the free ride for this year. For next year tho.. Well, one can always dream!
JW381
8/9/2013 2:18pm
davistld01 wrote:
I'll bet Honda is wondering whether to keep the dream alive...or support somebody else.
You guys act like results are directly related to bike sales. A guy like Reed is still a huge salesman for whatever color bikes he's endorsing, just the same as Ricky and Suzuki.
Lamecake
8/9/2013 2:26pm
davistld01 wrote:
I'll bet Honda is wondering whether to keep the dream alive...or support somebody else.
JW381 wrote:
You guys act like results are directly related to bike sales. A guy like Reed is still a huge salesman for whatever color bikes he's endorsing...
You guys act like results are directly related to bike sales. A guy like Reed is still a huge salesman for whatever color bikes he's endorsing, just the same as Ricky and Suzuki.
RC is being remembered as the greatest rider in motocross history. He doesnt have seasons where he struggled every moto to get top 15 finishes. People want winner bikes, not struggle to get top-15 bikes.

Also, how come Honda didnt give Shorty a ride? He's doing wayyyyy better than Reed atm, yet he didnt even get a standard bike from honda when his team disbanded. He's surely an icon to the sport.
8/9/2013 2:26pm
Typical , he always blames the bike. He said the Kawi sucked but RV won a title on it . He lost his Factory ride & Thor / Parts Unlimited deal because he's a nut job He thinks he's a pompous Rockstar. In reality he only won when RC , JBS & RV were out.
Sick or healthy he can never touch RV JBS RD even Barcia & Canard
Straight from the lips of Parts Unlimited people was that he's a loon with a screwed up Witch Doctor giving him advice .
Fox took a gamble signing him to that Shift deal. Next year Husky's wearing HJC lids , TCX Boots & MSR gear .
Brent
8/9/2013 2:41pm
Ozzy wrote:
For the last time,

Plus free room & board.

Dave, respectfully from a business standpoint, how is Chad able to train and live his life while being the boss/owner/rider?

Not to mention having time to be a dad for two little ones.

Anyone who owns their own business knows that it takes a ton of time. How can you train at the level you need to when business deals are going around in your head?

Plus, I'll bet the bank statement for Two-Two Motorsports has him bummed every month, i don't care how many millions he has in the bank.

I'm guessing right about now Chad is very torn between being a racer or a team owner.

If it were me, I would say now is the time to be the owner and get off the bike before he gets hurt.
JW381
8/9/2013 2:50pm
davistld01 wrote:
JW381 wrote:
You guys act like results are directly related to bike sales. A guy like Reed is still a huge salesman for whatever color bikes he's endorsing...
Lamecake wrote:
RC is being remembered as the greatest rider in motocross history. He doesnt have seasons where he struggled every moto to get top 15 finishes. People...
RC is being remembered as the greatest rider in motocross history. He doesnt have seasons where he struggled every moto to get top 15 finishes. People want winner bikes, not struggle to get top-15 bikes.

Also, how come Honda didnt give Shorty a ride? He's doing wayyyyy better than Reed atm, yet he didnt even get a standard bike from honda when his team disbanded. He's surely an icon to the sport.
You're assuming that people buying dirtbikes based off professional racer's results are smart. Chad Reed is a staple in this sport, like K-Dub and Pastrana and Stewart and RC and MC. He's in that category, people who don't follow MX/SX know who he is. That's more of a sell than a "good results guy" like Short.
Lamecake
8/9/2013 2:58pm
JW381 wrote:
You're assuming that people buying dirtbikes based off professional racer's results are smart. Chad Reed is a staple in this sport, like K-Dub and Pastrana and...
You're assuming that people buying dirtbikes based off professional racer's results are smart. Chad Reed is a staple in this sport, like K-Dub and Pastrana and Stewart and RC and MC. He's in that category, people who don't follow MX/SX know who he is. That's more of a sell than a "good results guy" like Short.
I see your point, and i think its valid. But with all due respect, Honda won't support TwoTwo Motosports if there are no results. Honda does want their factory bikes to get on the podium, not for them to finish inbetween/behind privateer bikes consistently. That does not help sell your brand.
resetjet
8/9/2013 3:07pm
Owning any business has a profound impact on you VS having a job. I cannot imagine how he can swing both at the level he is at with all the sponsors, etc......

Personally, I think unless he can concentrate on riding a dirt bike and leave everything else to someone else, he should get out.
JW381
8/9/2013 3:17pm
Lamecake wrote:
I see your point, and i think its valid. But with all due respect, Honda won't support TwoTwo Motosports if there are no results. Honda does...
I see your point, and i think its valid. But with all due respect, Honda won't support TwoTwo Motosports if there are no results. Honda does want their factory bikes to get on the podium, not for them to finish inbetween/behind privateer bikes consistently. That does not help sell your brand.
And I hear what you're saying, my point was that a guy like Chad, who is one of the most well known riders in the current crop (worldwide) has more leeway for poor results than others. I'm fine with Honda supporting Chad. His team looks great, runs great, and when he's in the zone, he gets results. I'm frustrated by all the secrecy around Chad's less than stellar year too, but I think that he deserves another go.
Bauer
8/9/2013 4:11pm
newmann wrote:
Guessing all those guys he has on the team appreciate the hell out of shit like that....
Markout wrote:
I was thinking the same thing. If you work for Reed don't make any large purchases.
Are you kidding me? Reed pays his guys better than any other team out there...from what I understand, no one working on that team is making under $100k and that's good money in the MX industry. I'm sure Chad isn't too hip on bleeding money just to have his own team and neither is Ellie...
Jt$
8/9/2013 5:02pm
Typical , he always blames the bike. He said the Kawi sucked but RV won a title on it . He lost his Factory ride &...
Typical , he always blames the bike. He said the Kawi sucked but RV won a title on it . He lost his Factory ride & Thor / Parts Unlimited deal because he's a nut job He thinks he's a pompous Rockstar. In reality he only won when RC , JBS & RV were out.
Straight from the lips of Parts Unlimited people was that he's a loon with a screwed up Witch Doctor giving him advice .
Fox took a gamble signing him to that Shift deal. Next year Husky's wearing HJC lids , TCX Boots & MSR gear .
Are you mad bro?
Brent
8/9/2013 7:31pm
Typical , he always blames the bike. He said the Kawi sucked but RV won a title on it . He lost his Factory ride &...
"with a screwed up Witch Doctor giving him advice . "

As opposed to a normal competent Witch Doctor?

JT$ you're his bud, how come Chad is not in Fly Gear? So what if you had to take a massive pay cut so they could pay Chads contract??

Silly
TeamGreen
8/9/2013 7:49pm
Jt$ wrote:
Are you mad bro?
Now I'm embarrassed... From a "TeamGreen" perspective, that is.
8/9/2013 8:59pm
Ozzy wrote:
For the last time,

Plus free room & board.

Well thanks for clearing that one up !

Now for next years color ?

Smile
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1089th
8/9/2013 9:42pm
Jt$ wrote:
Are you mad bro?
ha ha! Smile
hammertime
8/9/2013 10:14pm
if reed breaks his neck in 11th place with a beautiful wife and kid with 20 mill in the bank at his age he's the biggest fucking dummy that ever raced a bike! he's made his mark and he;s never gonna challenge a top 3 ever again. RC is a god not just cause of his accomplishments but because of how he walked.. Reed could be the next Ali if he doesn't make the right choice.
mxmaniac
8/10/2013 1:46am
MX690 wrote:
You really are just a fucking idiot arnt you? With every single one of your Whiney, bitchy, cry baby, bullshit anti Reed posts that you make...
You really are just a fucking idiot arnt you? With every single one of your Whiney, bitchy, cry baby, bullshit anti Reed posts that you make, you continue to prove what a fuck wit you are.
davistld01 wrote:

kevin204 wrote:
Spot on..
Lamecake
8/10/2013 3:42am
davistld01 wrote:

kevin204 wrote:
mxmaniac wrote:
Spot on..
The "one man show, so he got to be at the gate" is stupid from whatever perspective you look at it. Not healthy.. dont race. No rider.. get another one. Brute forcing yourself into subpar results and/or serious injury is just dumb.

There are lots of teams with injured/sick riders. They do take the right decision to just be there as a team, be it without a rider at the gate or with a replacement rider. Thats how professionals do it.

Post a reply to: Reedy stirring the pot...

The Latest