Reedy stirring the pot...

chapmanmx
Edited Date/Time 8/13/2013 7:35am

To answer the ongoing question about what ill ride next year
1st I'm trying to decide to keep the dream alive? or go ride for someone else..

— Chad Reed (@CRtwotwo) August 8, 2013

Hmmmmmm
|
M-M
8/8/2013 1:30pm
If he couldn't get a ride after Kawasaki, how would he get another ride with his recent form(not hate intended)?
40Plus_922mx
8/8/2013 1:40pm
As much as I have been a REED hard core fan all through the RC days, the short KW season, the JS stuff up till now. I do know that if he is not 100% happy with all aspects of the team and bike he struggles. But when he is on he is ON. I hope he has this opportunity in the near future.

The Shop

RedRum666
8/8/2013 2:02pm
Reed has stated he isn't retiring, so his dilemma reading this is he either keeps dumping his money into his own team - or ride for another team... I could see RCH as a home for Reed..But doubt it has anything to do with cars...you drive cars, not "ride" them....
RedRum666
8/8/2013 2:06pm
if his last few years or so are going to be similar to this year as far as results go, I doubt he wants to spend his own cash for those results or on the farewell tour....He is Chad Reed after all --- he can roll around for top fives just to stay out there for the fans and have fun if he wanted...all while on someone elses dime....you dig?
jevyguy
8/8/2013 2:10pm
This is just typical Reed talking. Whatever he says on the Internet is usually not as exciting as he makes it sound.
davistld01
8/8/2013 2:11pm
I'll bet Honda is wondering whether to keep the dream alive...or support somebody else.
newmann
8/8/2013 2:13pm
Guessing all those guys he has on the team appreciate the hell out of shit like that....
DrSweden
8/8/2013 2:19pm
Meanwhile he's totally dodging the elephant in the room, dude claim he's sick, and can't ride because of that, what the hell has the color of the bike, the guy holding the wrench or paycheck to do with anything at this point?

Get healthy. Come back with pseudo concerns later mate.
jeffro503
8/8/2013 2:19pm
davistld01 wrote:
I'll bet Honda is wondering whether to keep the dream alive...or support somebody else.
They "Lease" that bike to him you know? They are making money on the deal anyways ( maybe not making any....but it aint costing either I would think ).

Reedy.......do what's best for yourself man! Doesn't matter what bike you're on , what color of bike you're on , or what team you are riding for......have fun and make the best of it.

That's the bottom line anyways.
Markout
8/8/2013 2:21pm
newmann wrote:
Guessing all those guys he has on the team appreciate the hell out of shit like that....
I was thinking the same thing. If you work for Reed don't make any large purchases.
jeffro503
8/8/2013 2:21pm
DrSweden wrote:
Meanwhile he's totally dodging the elephant in the room, dude claim he's sick, and can't ride because of that, what the hell has the color of...
Meanwhile he's totally dodging the elephant in the room, dude claim he's sick, and can't ride because of that, what the hell has the color of the bike, the guy holding the wrench or paycheck to do with anything at this point?

Weather he believes this or not.......he "Needs " to get back on the program he was on last year , and the previous years before that. This magical new diet , exercise and other weird shit he's doing.....aint working.
RedRum666
8/8/2013 2:22pm
Reed and Hart are pretty chum chum with one another , plus they have the Shift/Fox ties...- wasn't there chatter of Reed and H&H before Two Two came about?? The RCH boys need a top "name" guy that will deliver some results.....whether or not Reed wins any more titles is one thing, but you know he will be in the mix more often than who they have now....Reed and Hill 2014
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
4018th
8/8/2013 2:29pm
I would like to see him at RCH. I'm just not sure after owning his own team for the past years he'd want to go ride for another team. But who knows!! It would take some stress off so he could just focus on riding.
dean122
8/8/2013 2:33pm
newmann wrote:
After Reeds comments does the rest of the team jump ship and line up jobs for next year? It'd suck to see guys like Ozzy and Goose on the pavement for 2014.
Spooner
8/8/2013 2:39pm
jeffro503 wrote:
They "Lease" that bike to him you know? They are making money on the deal anyways ( maybe not making any....but it aint costing either I...
They "Lease" that bike to him you know? They are making money on the deal anyways ( maybe not making any....but it aint costing either I would think ).

Reedy.......do what's best for yourself man! Doesn't matter what bike you're on , what color of bike you're on , or what team you are riding for......have fun and make the best of it.

They don't lease the bike to him, they provide everything to him. It's not the same deal that Short's old team had where they did have to pay for it.

I could only really see him going to RCH if he doesn't do his deal since he seemed to really like the RMZ, they just couldn't pay him. Plus he is already wearing the same gear and IIRC they both have discount tire. Perfect match. Would suck balls for his crew but they are top notch guys so I'm sure they won't have much issue finding a new home.
8/8/2013 2:47pm
It's kind of hard to imagine Reed wanting to be a "second fiddle" rider on any team or even actually settling for that. I personally think that this was part of the problem with the Kawasaki deal when Villopoto was the shining star.

There might be some opportunities out there where he could be the "top dog" on the team but I doubt the pay would be anywhere near what he is used to from the past.

Hopefully things will turn around for him next year. Windham was able to still enjoy racing during the later years of his career with lesser finishes, but not everyone can do that.
stangkag
8/8/2013 2:48pm
I personally dont see Reed finishing on the podium SX or MX ever again. Im sure ill get flamed for that comment but thats just my opinion. He has had one hell of a career and I am a big fan of his but the past year or so has been painful to watch.

I truly hope he can prove me wrong in 14'
8/8/2013 2:49pm
jeffro503 wrote:
They "Lease" that bike to him you know? They are making money on the deal anyways ( maybe not making any....but it aint costing either I...

If Reed is paying for the bikes, why has he been bashing the Honda? If it was my money fitting the bill for the bikes I would for sure be on what I thought was the best equipment.
8/8/2013 2:51pm
stangkag wrote:
I personally dont see Reed finishing on the podium SX or MX ever again. Im sure ill get flamed for that comment but thats just my...
I personally dont see Reed finishing on the podium SX or MX ever again. Im sure ill get flamed for that comment but thats just my opinion. He has had one hell of a career and I am a big fan of his but the past year or so has been painful to watch.

If his attitude and conditions are right, it could happen. Windham pulled one off, but then again the competition is a little stronger now.
stewie94
8/8/2013 2:55pm
stangkag wrote:
I personally dont see Reed finishing on the podium SX or MX ever again. Im sure ill get flamed for that comment but thats just my...

smdh
kiwifan
8/8/2013 2:55pm
No doubt he is changing brands, he doesnt want to come out and say it now because Honda will probably take his bike away from him. but will a change of brand make him better than this year? No. His issues this year are not the bike whether Honda haters like to believe it is. He will be better next year because he will be healthier after a rest/off season.
DrSweden
8/8/2013 3:04pm Edited Date/Time 8/8/2013 3:05pm
DrSweden wrote:
Meanwhile he's totally dodging the elephant in the room, dude claim he's sick, and can't ride because of that, what the hell has the color of...

jeffro503 wrote:
Weather he believes this or not.......he "Needs " to get back on the program he was on last year , and the previous years before that...
Weather he believes this or not.......he "Needs " to get back on the program he was on last year , and the previous years before that. This magical new diet , exercise and other weird shit he's doing.....aint working.
I'm totally clueless about the alleged issue. Does the rumor say he's not sick at all, it's rather a new program, with some space food and crystals messing with his performance? Everybody in the know are tightlipped about this to the heard, but he has claimed illness more than once? If that's BS, I'm totally in tune in what you are saying.
dboivin
8/8/2013 3:11pm
probably had a bet with a buddy on how fast his tweet would be posted to vital.
peelout
8/8/2013 3:15pm
Reed threads usually give me a little bit of a stiffie...

this one fails to deliver. fuckin' shit or get off the pot, Bros.

here's one to spice it up

Post a reply to: Reedy stirring the pot...

The Latest