Reedy & Friend...

mxmaniac
2/16/2020 1:27pm
so cool. be great to see the 3 warriors on whiskey throttle show!
jemcee
2/16/2020 5:08pm Edited Date/Time 2/16/2020 6:09pm
As already mentioned, how history could've been different for 3 riders (well for 2 of them anyway haha)
(Warning the following contains a fair bit of hyperbole..Well I think it does, wait.. Yep that's right I Googled it)

1 of them had to go up against the Greatest Of All Time and the fastest rider to ever ride a dirt bike
1 of them had to go up against the Greatest Of All Time and the most consistent, tenacious rider we've seen
1 of them had to go up against the fastest rider to ever ride a dirt bike and the most consistent, tenacious rider we've seen
TDeath21
2/16/2020 7:15pm
Pretty sure 2005 will forever be my favorite season and I’m not sure it can be topped. The hype for A1 that season was just unreal and hasn’t even been close to being matched since in my opinion. King of Supercross returning. Carmichael returning after a year off. Reed there to defend his championship after giving Carmichael all he could handle in 03. And Stewart making the most anticipated big bike debut in this sport’s history.
CPR
2/16/2020 11:13pm
VetMX.com wrote:
2 old guys that could still smoke 99% of Vital..
99% ??! Who's the 1%?
Pretty sure theyd smoke anyone here, ie. 100%

The Shop

2/17/2020 5:26am
TDeath21 wrote:
Pretty sure 2005 will forever be my favorite season and I’m not sure it can be topped. The hype for A1 that season was just unreal...
Pretty sure 2005 will forever be my favorite season and I’m not sure it can be topped. The hype for A1 that season was just unreal and hasn’t even been close to being matched since in my opinion. King of Supercross returning. Carmichael returning after a year off. Reed there to defend his championship after giving Carmichael all he could handle in 03. And Stewart making the most anticipated big bike debut in this sport’s history.
Don’t know why this got downvoted but I agree “the perfect storm” hype was unbelievable..
I remember when MC got 4th he said it was like winning because the top 3 guys were on another planet..
2/17/2020 5:29am
And I don’t care what era.. 04/05 JS RC and CR would dominate anyone in any other era in supercross.
Remember Atlanta 04 where Chad and Ricky lapped all the way up to third? That is just unimaginable
JAFO92
2/17/2020 5:41am
TDeath21 wrote:
Pretty sure 2005 will forever be my favorite season and I’m not sure it can be topped. The hype for A1 that season was just unreal...
Incredible season. The last smoker to win a SX Title.

davistld01
2/17/2020 6:16am Edited Date/Time 2/17/2020 6:17am
I betcha Bubba hasn't let the track in his backyard go unridden all this time. I doubt seriously that he will ever ride a SX event ever again...but I'll bet he can still put in a super hot lap or two.

I can hear him saying to Chad..."What's this LCQ crap, dude?"
JAFO92
2/17/2020 6:23am
davistld01 wrote:
I betcha Bubba hasn't let the track in his backyard go unridden all this time. I doubt seriously that he will ever ride a SX event...
I betcha Bubba hasn't let the track in his backyard go unridden all this time. I doubt seriously that he will ever ride a SX event ever again...but I'll bet he can still put in a super hot lap or two.

I can hear Skippy reply, "At least I still line up at the gate,, couch muncher......"
Crush
2/17/2020 6:26am
TDeath21 wrote:
JAFO92 wrote:
Incredible season. The last smoker to win a SX Title. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/02/17/404991/s1200_2005_RM250_MX_Title.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/02/17/404992/s1200_RC_roost_2.jpg[/img]
Incredible season. The last smoker to win a SX Title.

I wish Yamaha stuck with the steel frame.

It would have been a show-down for sure.
davis224
Fantasy
182nd
2/17/2020 11:09am
And I don’t care what era.. 04/05 JS RC and CR would dominate anyone in any other era in supercross. Remember Atlanta 04 where Chad and...
And I don’t care what era.. 04/05 JS RC and CR would dominate anyone in any other era in supercross.
Remember Atlanta 04 where Chad and Ricky lapped all the way up to third? That is just unimaginable
Wrong year, RC didn't race in 04 SX
davistld01
2/17/2020 11:13am Edited Date/Time 2/17/2020 11:14am
davistld01 wrote:
I betcha Bubba hasn't let the track in his backyard go unridden all this time. I doubt seriously that he will ever ride a SX event...

JAFO92 wrote:
I can hear Skippy reply, "At least I still line up at the gate,, couch muncher......"
If I was getting paid by a bunch of sponsors like Skippy is...only for them to watch me have to go to the LCQ to finish in the bottom-20's...I wouldn't even line up. How's that?
JAFO92
2/17/2020 12:44pm
davistld01 wrote:
If I was getting paid by a bunch of sponsors like Skippy is...only for them to watch me have to go to the LCQ to finish...
If I was getting paid by a bunch of sponsors like Skippy is...only for them to watch me have to go to the LCQ to finish in the bottom-20's...I wouldn't even line up. How's that?
Anyone who makes the night program is a certified dirt bike badass in my book - including those in the LCQ. And if I was one of the rare few talented enough to put a dirt bike on the gate in a AMA Supercross, Id have a helluva laugh at ridiculous posts by couch munchers saying they wouldnt even line up for a LCQ.

Hows that?

2/17/2020 12:52pm Edited Date/Time 2/18/2020 4:30am
VetMX.com wrote:
2 old guys that could still smoke 99% of Vital..
CPR wrote:
99% ??! Who's the 1%?
Pretty sure theyd smoke anyone here, ie. 100%
There's a tiny handful here capable of not getting smoked: Chisholm posts on Vital pretty frequently and beat Reedy this weekend.

Also, Justin Starling used to be pretty regular, now posts in spots, and beat Reed 2 of 3 races at last Monster Cup.

Plessinger has also been known to pop in very occasionally.
TDeath21
2/17/2020 2:31pm
And I don’t care what era.. 04/05 JS RC and CR would dominate anyone in any other era in supercross. Remember Atlanta 04 where Chad and...
I know it will be chalked up as nostalgia by a lot of people here, but I truly believe this as well. In 03, Carmichael lapped everyone but Reed at Daytona, and I think Reed lapped 4th. In 05 at San Diego, Larocco finished 3rd and was about 3 bike lengths ahead of Reed who won after passing Carmichael on the last lap. Those 3 were just on a completely different planet. The only people since that era that I would say might hang with those 3 guys are Villopoto, Dungey, and Tomac. Villopoto somewhat consistently. Dungey on his very best day (love the guy but I think he’d be consistent and not ride over his head and get 4th or 5th every round), and Tomac on his very best day, but would lack the consistency. But even Villopoto I would be hesitant to bet on. 6 years is an eternity in our sport and 6 years after this 05 battle, Reed gave Villopoto all he could handle in 11 and the first half of 12. He even made another run in 14 before Roczen got cross rutted and ended his season. I truly do believe that that season there and 06 with those guys was the best any 3 riders have ever ridden. The level they were at was unreal.
CPR
2/18/2020 2:04am
TDeath21 wrote:
I know it will be chalked up as nostalgia by a lot of people here, but I truly believe this as well. In 03, Carmichael lapped...
I know it will be chalked up as nostalgia by a lot of people here, but I truly believe this as well. In 03, Carmichael lapped everyone but Reed at Daytona, and I think Reed lapped 4th. In 05 at San Diego, Larocco finished 3rd and was about 3 bike lengths ahead of Reed who won after passing Carmichael on the last lap. Those 3 were just on a completely different planet. The only people since that era that I would say might hang with those 3 guys are Villopoto, Dungey, and Tomac. Villopoto somewhat consistently. Dungey on his very best day (love the guy but I think he’d be consistent and not ride over his head and get 4th or 5th every round), and Tomac on his very best day, but would lack the consistency. But even Villopoto I would be hesitant to bet on. 6 years is an eternity in our sport and 6 years after this 05 battle, Reed gave Villopoto all he could handle in 11 and the first half of 12. He even made another run in 14 before Roczen got cross rutted and ended his season. I truly do believe that that season there and 06 with those guys was the best any 3 riders have ever ridden. The level they were at was unreal.
Hard to argue with much of that.
Imagine if say Tomac and Roczen lapped the everyone up to 3rd?! The moto world would implode.
But RC and CR did it.
People will say the field is deeper now. But that race in 2005 had a field that included LaRocco, Vuillemin, Windham and a cameo from McGrath, and was on a dry track. Think about that for a moment.
I truly believe the 2strokes were a skill separator that only brought the absolute elite to the top.
davis224
Fantasy
182nd
2/18/2020 5:51am
TDeath21 wrote:
I know it will be chalked up as nostalgia by a lot of people here, but I truly believe this as well. In 03, Carmichael lapped...
CPR wrote:
Hard to argue with much of that. Imagine if say Tomac and Roczen lapped the everyone up to 3rd?! The moto world would implode. But RC...
Hard to argue with much of that.
Imagine if say Tomac and Roczen lapped the everyone up to 3rd?! The moto world would implode.
But RC and CR did it.
People will say the field is deeper now. But that race in 2005 had a field that included LaRocco, Vuillemin, Windham and a cameo from McGrath, and was on a dry track. Think about that for a moment.
I truly believe the 2strokes were a skill separator that only brought the absolute elite to the top.
I do think the field is deeper now, everyone else is doing a similar training program in the post RC era which upped their game, and I think the performance of the bikes now has leveled out factory and non factory riders more. But looking back at videos from 05-07... damn, the intensity and just mind boggling speed from those 3 just seems impossible to top.
2/18/2020 12:40pm
What I would like to know is why wasn't RC invited for a photo opportunity, with the proported bad blood between Reed and Stewart, it appears the blood now boiling between RC and Stewart.
Or am I way off base?
2/18/2020 1:03pm Edited Date/Time 2/18/2020 6:09pm
davistld01 wrote:

JAFO92 wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
If I was getting paid by a bunch of sponsors like Skippy is...only for them to watch me have to go to the LCQ to finish...
So, by your logic, anyone who has sponsors should pack it up each night if they don't transfer to the main through the semi?
davistld01
2/18/2020 1:41pm
So, by your logic, anyone who has sponsors should pack it up each night if they don't transfer to the main through the semi?
Nah...I was just sarcastically responding to the post about Reed saying to James "at least I'm lining up". Reed is lining up...and I agree that he's still a badass, but he's got to be disappointing a fair share of those who are paying for him to go racing with him having to use the LCQ to qualify for the main...compared to him having little or no trouble with it only a year ago. James walked away when it was clearly time. I just wish Reed would get the clue as well.
2/18/2020 6:09pm
davistld01 wrote:
Nah...I was just sarcastically responding to the post about Reed saying to James "at least I'm lining up". Reed is lining up...and I agree that he's...
Nah...I was just sarcastically responding to the post about Reed saying to James "at least I'm lining up". Reed is lining up...and I agree that he's still a badass, but he's got to be disappointing a fair share of those who are paying for him to go racing with him having to use the LCQ to qualify for the main...compared to him having little or no trouble with it only a year ago. James walked away when it was clearly time. I just wish Reed would get the clue as well.
Never know on here, some vitards have "unique" logic.....
CPR
2/18/2020 11:24pm
davistld01 wrote:
Nah...I was just sarcastically responding to the post about Reed saying to James "at least I'm lining up". Reed is lining up...and I agree that he's...
You realise Reeds had broken ribs and hasn't been riding other than at races don't you?
2/19/2020 10:08pm
Blah blah fucking blah.

But isn't it great that two icons of MX can finally share a smile together.
Bearuno
2/21/2020 4:35am
davistld01 wrote:
How's that? = you wouldn't get paid.

Pretty simple, really. Like any other job, you don't do the work, you don't get paid.

And, I suspect he is getting paid far more than You, I, and most others here do.Whistling

Post a reply to: Reedy & Friend...

The Latest