Reeds new sponsor

Nbc and feld are walking a tight line blocking dean wilsons ignite logos, while nothing was done or said about chad reed with his new cbd-md sticker.
|
boston_jorj
2/10/2019 10:23am
Was waiting for someone to say something about that
2/10/2019 10:26am
Not that I mind either company bringing money to sx. Just needs to be equally enforced across all riders. Now the big question is does he still have it next weekend
BAMX
2/10/2019 10:32am Edited Date/Time 2/10/2019 10:32am
one sells cbd...one sells cbd and cannabis

The Shop

ML512
Fantasy
45th
2/10/2019 11:40am
The issue with Ignite was never the CBD, they’re primarily a cannabis company which isn’t federally legal still.
zehn
2/10/2019 8:12pm
ML512 wrote:
The issue with Ignite was never the CBD, they’re primarily a cannabis company which isn’t federally legal still.
Not sure what you’re saying is false. The article said he was only sponsored by the CBD sector of the brand, but that they also sell cannabis. So NBC probably didn’t want the association with the brand because they sell cannabis as well, regardless of what sector of the brand sponsors him.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
2/10/2019 8:16pm
ML512 wrote:
The website that they were advertising sold both , so I can see the issue , he may only have been sponsored by the cbd side but when the website sells both how do you tell the difference
hobohands91
2/10/2019 8:17pm
ML512 wrote:
zehn wrote:
Not sure what you’re saying is false. The article said he was only sponsored by the CBD sector of the brand, but that they also sell...
Not sure what you’re saying is false. The article said he was only sponsored by the CBD sector of the brand, but that they also sell cannabis. So NBC probably didn’t want the association with the brand because they sell cannabis as well, regardless of what sector of the brand sponsors him.
The quote from the NBC Exec says nothing about cannabis and makes it clear it was about CBD. Specifically that the Ad Counsel has not defined regulations regarding CBD.
hobohands91
2/10/2019 8:19pm
ML512 wrote:
scott_nz wrote:
The website that they were advertising sold both , so I can see the issue , he may only have been sponsored by the cbd side...
The website that they were advertising sold both , so I can see the issue , he may only have been sponsored by the cbd side but when the website sells both how do you tell the difference
Doddy
2/10/2019 8:53pm Edited Date/Time 2/10/2019 8:57pm
scott_nz wrote:
The website that they were advertising sold both , so I can see the issue , he may only have been sponsored by the cbd side...
He isn't "wrong". The site you posted is the first time I seen it. Perhaps, it is new because of all of this?

I think he is talking about this; https://ignite.co
hobohands91
2/10/2019 8:59pm
scott_nz wrote:
Doddy wrote:
He isn't "wrong". The site you posted is the first time I seen it. Perhaps, it is new because of all of this? I think he...
He isn't "wrong". The site you posted is the first time I seen it. Perhaps, it is new because of all of this?

Not new, only website Deano has shared since his sponcorship began and existed before he got onboard.
hobohands91
2/10/2019 9:13pm
scott_nz wrote:
Doddy wrote:
He isn't "wrong". The site you posted is the first time I seen it. Perhaps, it is new because of all of this? I think he...

If you notice, you can’t even order anything from the link you shared. If you click to learn more about CBD it redirects you to the CBD specific website which you can order CBD products from.
To be fair, both the CBD wing of the company (based in Seattle I believe) and the cannabis wing (based in California) both share the same Instagram account on which both Cannabis and CBD are advertised.
zehn
2/10/2019 10:59pm
Why do you care so much about this
ktmwoods
2/11/2019 11:45am
Total double standard here: NBC and Feld are the hypocrites.

The crux of this issue is that NBC can not BROADCAST said images, so they are the ones responsible for managing the content they film, capture, edit and eventually broadcast. A CBD logo as small as it is on Dean's bike would never be legible on a racing bike on the TV show, or just blur it like Feld did to Pastrana Red Bull hat in an on-air interview a few years back...and if Deano made the podium they could shoot around it or Dean could conveniently hold a pair of goggles, a towel on a ubiquitous energy drink can in front of it. Problem / hoax solved.
Knobbyjake
2/11/2019 2:57pm
Crap, thought this was a thread about Geritol. Evil

Post a reply to: Reeds new sponsor

The Latest