Reed's finishing position at X

eurohero
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 11:11am
plenty of talk about Reed getting 4th behind #8 and #14. Say what you want, I don't care either way about his decisions. My question is, with this race being a \"non\" AMA race, is it at all possible that those ahead of him had bikes that would not pass AMA tech? Just a thought, I'm not a fan or defending him.
|
Mike Bierman
8/8/2007 9:10pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 5:54pm
eurohero wrote:
plenty of talk about Reed getting 4th behind #8 and #14. Say what you want, I don't care either way about his decisions. My question is, with this race being a \"non\" AMA race, is it at all possible that those ahead of him had bikes that would not pass AMA tech? Just a thought, I'm not a fan or defending him.

I know at the McGrath invitational, the bikes were way off that of AMA legal. So you have a valid point.
iKapture
8/9/2007 12:46am
[b]eurohero wrote:[/b] [quote]plenty of talk about Reed getting 4th behind #8 and #14. Say what you want, I don't care either way about his decisions. My...
eurohero wrote:

I know at the McGrath invitational, the bikes were way off that of AMA legal. So you have a valid point.
It would be interesting to know. I just don't understand why you think that Yamaha wouldn't persue the rules to the fullest just like the other teams?
Mike Bierman
8/9/2007 2:22am
[b]eurohero wrote:[/b] [quote]plenty of talk about Reed getting 4th behind #8 and #14. Say what you want, I don't care either way about his decisions. My...
eurohero wrote:

iKapture wrote:
It would be interesting to know. I just don't understand why you think that Yamaha wouldn't persue the rules to the fullest just like the other...
It would be interesting to know. I just don't understand why you think that Yamaha wouldn't persue the rules to the fullest just like the other teams?
Reed's contract with Yamaha, does not include the off season (Supercross only contract) So he basically runs, his supercross bike, with minor changes.

I see Larry Brooks, all the time, (Reed's team manager). He has the summer off, except for the MX of nations, and races himself (Brooks) every week end, on an L & M ~ San Manuel Yamaha.
TimbuK758
8/9/2007 9:53am
eurohero wrote:

iKapture wrote:
It would be interesting to know. I just don't understand why you think that Yamaha wouldn't persue the rules to the fullest just like the other...
Reed's contract with Yamaha, does not include the off season (Supercross only contract) So he basically runs, his supercross bike, with minor changes. I see Larry...
Reed's contract with Yamaha, does not include the off season (Supercross only contract) So he basically runs, his supercross bike, with minor changes.

I see Larry Brooks, all the time, (Reed's team manager). He has the summer off, except for the MX of nations, and races himself (Brooks) every week end, on an L & M ~ San Manuel Yamaha.
its true langston and KW have been putting in a lot more bike time with racing the nationals and all, but i would imagine reedy was a little suprised to finish off the box.

The Shop

eurohero
8/9/2007 6:02pm
iKapture wrote:
Reed's contract with Yamaha, does not include the off season (Supercross only contract) So he basically runs, his supercross bike, with minor changes. I see Larry...

TimbuK758 wrote:
its true langston and KW have been putting in a lot more bike time with racing the nationals and all, but i would imagine reedy was...
its true langston and KW have been putting in a lot more bike time with racing the nationals and all, but i would imagine reedy was a little suprised to finish off the box.
kapture,

I don't believe I included Yamaha at all in my question. It was a thought, nothing more. There were 3 brands in front of Reed, Yellow, Blue Red and Reed on his own team bike. Again, just a thought.
The Baron
8/14/2007 8:31am
That track was so short and tight it's doubtful that an AMA illegal bike would even have an advantage. I was surprised that they could even get a 450 to hook well, not to mention Josh Grant on the 250F. It was all rider and it would appear that GL and K-Dub had personal motivation to get past Reed. K-Dub went from .5 seconds behind Reed to 1.5 seconds ahead in 1 lap. He wanted the bronze more and snatching it from Reed was just the icing on the cake I'm sure.
Cygnus
8/14/2007 10:30am
Reed crashed in the Supermoto race. Maybe he was sore?
The Baron
8/14/2007 1:42pm
Cygnus wrote:
Cygnus wrote:

I'm sure it had something to do with his intermittant shoulder injury that seems to aggravate him whenever he loses.Whistling

Post edited by: The Baron , at: 8/14/2007 11:42 PM
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
8/16/2007 8:31am
Cygnus wrote:
The Baron wrote:
[b]Cygnus wrote:[/b] [quote]Reed crashed in the Supermoto race. Maybe he was sore?[/quote] I'm sure it had something to do with his intermittant shoulder injury that seems...
Cygnus wrote:

I'm sure it had something to do with his intermittant shoulder injury that seems to aggravate him whenever he loses.Whistling

Post edited by: The Baron , at: 8/14/2007 11:42 PM
The Baron wrote:

That's a funny line. Smile

I don't think guys went out of their way to use rocket fuel, or silencers they wouldn't be able to use at AMA events, etc. The teams I talked to were all using it as a test session for the '08 season, and didn't want to stray far from their usual programs.

Post a reply to: Reed's finishing position at X

The Latest